proof of relationship

I was just reading on the visa journey website that someone had received a white paper or something saying that there relationship is not bona fide. As most Americans I only get one vacation from work a year and I want to use wisely it to be with Yulan on her interview and to fly home with her. I flew to meet her in March and we did not began the filing until November. I was going to go back in March again but was told that I would want to be at her interview. I know I cannot go in but if she has my passport on her this is a good thing. So what should I do to prove there is an on going relationship and keep from getting the white slip?

Guest Tony n Terrific

1. 15 -20 copies of your e-mails between you and her.

2. Boarding passes of your airline flights.

3. At least 10 Photographs of you two showing some of the Landmarks of her city or of China itself ie Great Wall

4. Reciepts of your trip to China with her.

5. Updated letter of Intent to marry.

6. Any snail mail between the two of you.

7. Chats and Phone calls between you with dates

There is many more form of evidence you can show the VO. The main thing is to prove that your relationship is bona fide.

Good luck

1. 15 -20 copies of your e-mails between you and her.

2. Boarding passes of your airline flights.

3. At least 10 Photographs of you two showing some of the Landmarks of her city or of China itself ie Great Wall

4. Reciepts of your trip to China with her.

5. Updated letter of Intent to marry.

6. Any snail mail between the two of you.

7. Chats and Phone calls between you with dates

There is many more form of evidence you can show the VO. The main thing is to prove that your relationship is bona fide.

Good luck

We had a few afidavits made stating that we were a "known couple" one from my mom and one from my childhood friend. Since we speak Japanese to each other, we also had a Japanese friend write one saying that we were a known couple and that we could communicate in Japanese without problem. When we interview we also plan to show pics of not just us but have a couple of when our famlies met. Hope this helps a bit!

You've got a great source of info here at CFL.

Just randomly pick a couple of e-mails from each month. I divided e-mails with tabs by early, middle, and present. Pictures of you and her FAMILY is great (put them on top). I stayed at Mr. Yang's near Guangzhou Embassy and took many photos near "known" sites of park nearby (and put on top of second pile of photos). (I used adhesive-backed CD sleeves and pasted 2 of them on inside divider of Red folder and chose picture of Fang and I (with me wearing Chinese clothing) for top pic on top CD sleeve and for second CD sleeve top print I chose pic of me and Fang's family together. VO could not miss this if they opened folder! Quite honestly, if relationship IS bona fide, you will accumulate all things needed as you go. Save everything, and organize as per the infamous "David's Kitchen Sink". I bought 3 Acco-clasped folders (Office Depot) for my Fang's interview (look at my timeline also...ONE visit plus visit for interview). Folders were: Green: all financials with dividers for I-134, Tax Transcripts, 1040's, W-2's, Employer Letter and Paystubs. Red Folder: Relationship Stuff: Pictures, E-mails, CD's of webchats, 8.5x11 print out ganged with numerous screen captures, telephone records, web chat converstion print-out, Updated Letter of Intent. Blue Folder: Receipts: Boarding Passes, Notarized copy of passport (although I went to interview and gave Fang my passport), copy of I-179 NOA's, and copy of I-129F.

As you can see, it takes a bit of time to organize. But work on it as you go and you will not be overwhelmed later.

Write more or PM if you need further help.

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)