Hello Ma...Goodbye Chen...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

The lost province of Taiwan moved closer to eventual re-unification with the motherland when the 8 year reign of Pres. Chen was ended by today's election in Taiwan. Ma has promised meaningful dialogue with the mainland. Again the pragmatism of Chinese, who were more concerned with the economics of Taiwan than Chen's drive for independence, has won out... :offtopic: :ph34r:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

The lost province of Taiwan moved closer to eventual re-unification with the motherland when the 8 year reign of Pres. Chen was ended by today's election in Taiwan. Ma has promised meaningful dialogue with the mainland. Again the pragmatism of Chinese, who were more concerned with the economics of Taiwan than Chen's drive for independence, has won out... ;) :huh:

For what it's worth... my wife was VERY excited when she read about it this morning.

Ma is only "pro" mainland compared to the current President Chen.

He's the least "pro" mainland of any of the KMT top leaders.

I'm not sure what kind of leader he'll be; he tends to be rather passive and overly cautious. But he seems like he has some good policy initiatives that will, at the worst, keep peace between the PRC and the ROC.

he seems like he has some good policy initiatives that will, at the worst, keep peace between the PRC and the ROC.

And that really is the bottom line for everyone... :P Irregardless of any eventual re-unification of Taiwan and the Mainland this move makes the world a more peaceful place... :D

Well, Ma's win is a good sign of the dialogue between China Mainland and Taiwan. The mainland stock market will have good influence by the result of the election.

Well, Ma's win is a good sign of the dialogue between China Mainland and Taiwan. The mainland stock market will have good influence by the result of the election.

Thank you for your first post Vivian... :P And I'm sure all of us with stock market investments in China will be happy with your prediction... :D

Thank you for your first post Vivian... :P And I'm sure all of us with stock market investments in China will be happy with your prediction... :D

I agree... now post your pretty picture so that we can all see you smiling face! :D

I agree... now post your pretty picture so that we can all see you smiling face! :D

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2389/durianheadeating2gv5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Welcome Vivian!! It's just GREAT to have your perspective here. I'll be looking for your posts so please don't be shy!

Once again, Welcome Aboard!!

Best Regards

Guest Mike and Lily

Welcome to CFL Vivian. I'm not sure I agree with you about the stock market though. The stock market seems to have a mind of it's own in which way it wants to move. Especially the Shanghai and Shenzhen markets.