evidence of relationship for interview

Prepare your woman/man with what it will take for you to be able to live with yourself and that will allow you to sleep well that night, and the next nights, if she fails the interview.

Ya think the evo of relationship letter is for "overcome" and you'll just wait for her to get blue slipped to write one up... ;)....then go for it.

During the 6 months leading up to our interview last summer I saw two cases where the certified/handwritten letter of evo, and the new intent to marry letter were presented to the VO, along with the USC's passport....the VO never asked for that stuff, but in both cases they stopped and ACTUALLY read the letters and the passport. Other cases they didn't look at them. You want to sit back and wait to write one after the fact, don't let anyone stop ya. ;)

In our case, my passport and certified letters of evo and new intent were handed in ON TOP of my fiancee and her son's passports. No, they weren't asked for....and they got handed right back un-opened...but...In LARGE black letters on the cover page of the letters of evo and new intent, the content was labeled. Add in the fact that my passport is blue, and the VO didn't really need to open up the letters or the passport. If there were going to be an overcome, there were 2 items that probably weren't going to get asked for.

Many of the 2, sometimes 3 (monthly) interviews you read about on CFL are of the "lucky type" like Mark's lady got asked...2 questions, here's your pink slip. Mark had his lady very prepared and she wound up being one of the lucky ones...no profiling, no microscope on the case, no underlying K-visa quota hang-up, recent divorce issues put under a microscope, etc., etc. Anyone you've read on CFL that passed their interview like that could just as easily have be denied. Yer only fooling yerself if you think otherwise

You aren't getting half the picture of what's really going on in GUZ, as most of the overwhelming numbers of denials DO NOT post on Candle For Love...they lurk here looking for answers or researching, but they don't post.

I've got 8 PM's, since the first of January, from people that got blue slipped or blue and then white slipped., and I've helped write 2 evo of relationship letters for 2 couples that were blue slipped....make any of you wonder, what if those women would have had a letter of evo of relationship with them at the interview? Wonder if it would have made a difference? ;)

My fiancee had all the usual kitchen sink stuff, and every bit of "overcome" evidence that could have been asked for. She was PREPARED to overcome anything right there at the interview window.

And....we feel strongly that by the VO understanding how prepared she was, standing there in front of her with her new white dress and 'wheeled' double briefcase of evidence, that we averted a white slip at the interview.

You feel lucky? Don't need all that "extra" evidence that they don't "normally" ask for, or usually ask for at overcome? :P

I hope everyone gets an interview like Mark's beautiful lady got, she was one very lucky lady.

tsap seui

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really not much of a computer person when I get home. I work on computers all day and when I get home I really hate to get on one. My wife is exactly the same. We have no online chat records and very few emails because we always call each other. I do have HUGE phone records though. I switched over to talkloop back in September of last year which allows me to print a history. I have been calling her and texting her since we 1st met.

I wish I had known about talkloop because I used calling cards before that. All I can show is the dial out number on my cell phone record when using the calling card. Will they accept this? Has anybody used calling cards before and was able to get the records?

Last summer I tried calling the customer service number on the calling card but was not able to get through. I hope there will not be an issue because the best eveidence I can show is after I switched to talkloop. Our calling habits didn't change after switching but how can I prove that?

hello fellow cfl ers. i am curious if i need to bring all the emails and chats to the interview on paper. i was considering bringing 5-10 emails and or chats and putting the rest on a cd. what is the best thing to do here?

How many emails, chats did you send with the initial application? These are also viewed by the Consulate at some point in the process. Did you send in at least 2 complete chat sessions per month with talk about future plans for your two lives together?

I wish I had known about talkloop because I used calling cards before that. All I can show is the dial out number on my cell phone record when using the calling card. Will they accept this? Has anybody used calling cards before and was able to get the records?

Last summer I tried calling the customer service number on the calling card but was not able to get through. I hope there will not be an issue because the best eveidence I can show is after I switched to talkloop. Our calling habits didn't change after switching but how can I prove that?

I heard somewhere that calling cards are no good since they are not traceable. That's why criminals like them.

I know that is not much help. Hope someone else can advise you better.

Have you tried Skype? it's 2 cents per minute with 2 cents connection and it keeps all your calls including calls that don't connect

I have also used Yahoo call out. It also keeps records of calls that are connected at 1.6 cents per minute with not connection charge.

I make the difference because many times I call and don't get through so the amount of calls listed is greater with Skype than Yahoo. Also Skype you can export to excel.

both are computer to mobile voip.

Edited by Nate and Wenju (see edit history)

As to the evolution letter... there are a few places one *could* prepare one:

1) Submit it with the original petition (I did that and I know some others have)

2) Submit it back with P3 (never heard anyone do this, but it's the only place to submit something after the petition has been submitted).

3) SO offers one at the interview; most often this is refused by the VO, but a few cases exist where the VO did read it.

4) Requested for overcome; most common time this letter comes into play.

The idea is that #1 might help avoid #4, but it will only really covers how you meet and the first month(s) together.

#3 is often refused because the VO didn't ask, so doesn't want it; or they rather specify what they want via issue a blue slip.

I don't see anything wrong with having a hand-written version on hand, but it's going to be what you want to share and may not be what the VO requests (ie: they might ask for more information on a specific periof of the relationship and not the entire time together); in fact, a hand written version is sometimes asked for in overcome.

It seems overkill to notary what you wrote, but I tend to suggest it since one will get the I-134 done (if K#), and why not spend a few dollars on another page. I would try to keep it to one page. Again, if I had to guess, the VO won't take it.. but tell that to Ken.. see this thread..

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=290211

Check list when interviewing: Correspondence

Satements:

Q9. A detail statement, written by the petitioner, describing the evvolution of your relation. be sure to, at the very least, explain how you met, when you started dating, and how, when and why you became engaged. (If you have already made a simliar submission, and that statement raised suspicions about your petition, (Submit a new one).

Q10. A statement, written by the petitioner, explaining how and why petitioner sent you lots of money despite his/her low salary.(If you have already made a simliar submission, and that staement raised suspicions about your petition, (Submit a new one).

Q11. A statement, written by the petitioner, listing every trip he/she has taken to China, to visit you and explain how you spent your time together. Include dates and locations. Explain who arranged his/her trip to China, who purchase his/her tickets and who accompanied him/her.(If you have already made a simliar submission, and that statement raised suspicions about your petition, (Submit a new one).

As best practise, the above is for a Blue Slip over come, should this all be in place prior to the interview, then there should be nothing stopping the VO from issuing the Pink Slip and Visa. This doesn't mean that the VO will not find other ways to give a Blue Slip.