Back in October last year (2007) I filed our I-751 I included copies of all the leases Ying and I signed, including the one where she was added in the middle of my lease, a copy and translation of our marriage certificate, copy of her SSA card, tax returns for the last three periods we filed joint and a copy of our bank statement showing we have a joint checking account, all the required forms and copies of her visa and green card.

In January we went to San Antonio for her Biometrics. Today, April 14th I get a blue form in the mail requesting more evidence of a good faith marriage (i.e. financial records, residence).

EXCUSE ME??????????????

WHAT MORE DO THESE IDIOTS WANT???????? Pictures of us in bed?

Any suggestions you guys can give would be welcome. Ying is mad at me because I decided a sworn affidavit from some of our friends was not necessary to be included. She swears that is why we got the RFE.

Monday I will be calling them and find out what else I could possibly send them to prove our case.

Edited by Carl (see edit history)

Carl, Not like the politicians, I really do feel your pain. Maybe video isn't a bad idea. Just joking of course. All we want is to be told the rules so we can abide and give them what they want. If they tell us then the schemers will know, after all this time now this??!! Take solace in the fact that no matter what the government will not pony up airfare for deportation. They don't have the money for the buses as it is. Small consolation :lol:

Back in October last year (2007) I filed our I-751 I included copies of all the leases Ying and I signed, including the one where she was added in the middle of my lease, a copy and translation of our marriage certificate, copy of her SSA card, tax returns for the last three periods we filed joint and a copy of our bank statement showing we have a joint checking account, all the required forms and copies of her visa and green card.

In January we went to San Antonio for her Biometrics. Today, April 14th I get a blue form in the mail requesting more evidence of a good faith marriage (i.e. financial records, residence).

EXCUSE ME??????????????

Any suggestions you guys can give would be welcome. Ying is mad at me because I decided a sworn affidavit from some of our friends was not necessary to be included. She swears that is why we got the RFE.

Monday I will be calling them and find out what else I could possibly send them to prove our case.

Two sworn affidavits ARE required--I'm guessing that's why the RFE.

EXCUSE ME??????????????

Oh really? I swear I did not see anything on the application saying specifically that two sworn affidavits were required, unless it was among that fine print way down at the bottom.

I'm willing to bet that they have to be from individuals not related to either you or each other (i.e one from a man and the other his wife?)

EXCUSE ME??????????????

Oh really? I swear I did not see anything on the application saying specifically that two sworn affidavits were required, unless it was among that fine print way down at the bottom.

I'm willing to bet that they have to be from individuals not related to either you or each other (i.e one from a man and the other his wife?)

I doubt one from a man and his wife would count as two!?!? I sent one from a friend and one from my oldest daughter(38)-no problem. They were standard affidavits notarized and stating they knew us and had seen us interacting as a family blah blah blah!

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)

The affidavits required are to be from two people who have known the applicant since the green card was issued. They can be family members, or not. They must include full name and address, place and date of birth, and contact information of the person writing the affidavit. It should also include information about how they met, extent of the relationship with this person, how often you see them, normal married couple, and like Trigg said, blah blah blah.

The affidavits required are to be from two people who have known the applicant since the green card was issued. They can be family members, or not. They must include full name and address, place and date of birth, and contact information of the person writing the affidavit. It should also include information about how they met, extent of the relationship with this person, how often you see them, normal married couple, and like Trigg said, blah blah blah.

Yep, it was all pretty clear exactly as stated above. Must have missed it

Ok....this is what threw me:

"Evidence of the Relationship.Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriageupon which you were granted conditional status was enteredin ''good faith'' and was not for the purpose of circumventingimmigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents asyou wish to establish this fact and to demonstrate thecircumstances of the relationship from the date of themarriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples"

To me should does not mean must, so I didn't interpert it as required.

Now that being said I was properly chastized :vava::whip: and after extensive groveling :worthy: :eatyum: I was forgiven and am now back in her good graces :pash:

I guess these responses cover the standard 'kitchen sink' approach.

I agree that "should cover" is not the same thing as "required" or "must." Not worth debating if that's what they want. I forgot to include the two affidavits I went to all the trouble to get. Guess we'll find out if there is a trend here.

I also note that of the I-751 RFEs I recall, they all occurred after biometrics. Why is that?

I agree that the forms don't say "MUST" include two affidavits, but as with everything else, they're a good idea.

What you want is the kitchen sink. When we had our AOS interview, the woman told us specifically that when we applied to remove conditions, include as much proof as possible - "more is better" were her specific words - and it's less likely we'd be called in for an interview.

We included copies of our marriage license, copies of our daughter's birth certificate, passport, ss card and baptismal certificate, lots of pictures with family and friends, affidavit from a couple we know, affidavit from my father, bank statements, copies of insuance documents, copies of credit cards, joint tax returns .... probably some more stuff too that's not coming to mind at the moment, but even with proof of a child, I thought we should include as much as possible in addition.