P-3 from Consulate

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Guangzhou send the P-3 package by ordinary mail, or EMS, or registered? Thanks.

EMS

Clayton

Thanks, Clayton.

However if P-3 is sent 3/4 by EMS, todays is already 3/10. Should EMS take so long? I thought EMS is like next day kind of service. Anybody has any experience in this matter?

Guest Rob & Jin

Does Guangzhou send the P-3 package by ordinary mail, or EMS, or registered? Thanks.

EMS

Clayton

Thanks, Clayton.

However if P-3 is sent 3/4 by EMS, todays is already 3/10. Should EMS take so long? I thought EMS is like next day kind of service. Anybody has any experience in this matter?

Its china :rolleyes: and EMS is a few day thing, not overnight. Oh and some were even sent to the petitioner instead. You dont need to receive the P-3 to return the DS-230 & OF-169, just download them and send them in.

Good luck

kwn,

Although the computer may read that the P-3 package has been sent, it can sit in an out-going box at the consulate several days or longer prior to being picked up by EMS for delivery.

I have seen it take up to 2 - 3 weeks before it may arrive at your SO's home.

As Rob writes, you can download the P-3 packet, complete the forms and send them to GUZ. We were prepared and had the forms completed long in advance and the day after it was logged into the computer that our P-3 packet had been sent, we overnighted our paperwork to GUZ. All went as planned. Perhaps advanced our interview date by several weeks, but I am not sure. We did not wait for EMS delivery of the packet. It arrived at my SO's home approx. one week after GUZ received our completed paperwork.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

kwn,

Although the computer may read that the P-3 package has been sent, it can sit in an out-going box at the consulate several days or longer prior to being picked up by EMS for delivery.

As Rob writes, you can download the P-3 packet, complete the forms and send them to GUZ. We were prepared and had the forms completed long in advance and the day after it was logged into the computer that our P-3 packet had been sent, we overnighted our paperwork to GUZ. All went as planned. Perhaps advanced our interview date by several weeks, but I am not sure. We did not wait for EMS delivery of the packet. It arrived at my SO's home approx. one week after GUZ received our completed paperwork.

Clayton

Clayton,

Thanks a lot. A relief to know.

kwn

kwn,

Clayton

Clayton,

kwn

So is there any way to find out or track the actual delivery of the package from the Consulate, like the FexEx/UPS tracking system in the states?

TIA,

Pete

kwn,

Clayton

Clayton,

kwn

So is there any way to find out or track the actual delivery of the package from the Consulate, like the FexEx/UPS tracking system in the states?

TIA,

Pete

Here is a thing that several have done:

Have prepared and ready your return packet for P3. This consits of two things. OF-169, and DS-230 part 1 only.

OF-169 is down loadable from GUZ

OF-169,

A fillable version of DS-230 is down loadable from DOS.

DS-230 part 1

GUZ's address is:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Call DOS Visa services, and ask about status, once they tell you that the consulate has sent out the instruction packet (P3), then just pop the prepared packet in the mail before you receive (P3).

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
kwn,

Clayton

Clayton,

kwn

TIA,

Pete

Here is a thing that several have done:

Have prepared and ready your return packet for P3. This consits of two things. OF-169, and DS-230 part 1 only.

OF-169 is down loadable from GUZ

OF-169,

A fillable version of DS-230 is down loadable from DOS.

DS-230 part 1

GUZ's address is:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Call DOS Visa services, and ask about status, once they tell you that the consulate has sent out the instruction packet (P3), then just pop the prepared packet in the mail before you receive (P3).

We waited for the actual P-3, my feng's choice. She wanted to make sure that they did not send something different to her?? ;) It took about 6 days to go from GZU to Shenzhen and in her hands.

Mark, feng, new daughter and the sons!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

kwn,

Clayton

Hi friends,

If P-3 forms cannot be located at the Consulate even though they have been signed for at the White Swan Hotel, does anybody know if Consulate will accept a duplicate photocopy set of the completed forms? Or does one want have to redo an entirely new set with original signature?

Thanks.

kwn

kwn,

Clayton

Hi friends,

If P-3 forms cannot be located at the Consulate even though they have been signed for at the White Swan Hotel, does anybody know if Consulate will accept a duplicate photocopy set of the completed forms? Or does one want have to redo an entirely new set with original signature?

Thanks.

kwn

New set with original signatures.

My case was loaded into the DOS/GUZ computer system on 1/16/2008.

I have recently called the DOS a few times to check status.

The DOS told me that my case is still with Chinese Customs.

What exactly does this mean?

I have sent several letters and packages to my fiancee and her family.

Depending how I send the items, they get there between 10 and 21 days.

I assume that these items have to clear customs too.

Why does personal correspondence clear so much faster than the immigration paperwork?

I thought that the immigration paperwork would be considered official US business and would bypass the customs procedures in any foreign country.

Thank you,

-Sqounk

If you package was sent out on the 16th then this is the status per DHL

The tracking number is 9347766702

as usual stuck in Customs :P

Current status for 9347766702... Help

Clearance Delay

Tracking history... Help

Date and time Status DHL Facility Location

2/13/2008 9:38 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

2/5/2008 10:46 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

2/4/2008 9:46 pm Clearance Delay Guangzhou, China, People's Republic