Response Received to our Powell letter

Guest bbridges51

Skibum.....

LOL

No, having us all brainstorm and with one person writing and sending is much more effective an approach....that way, we can help edit the letter so that it's firm, effective, and nonoffensive.

No sheep here.

Brian

Yes Brian,

You are so right. The "you catch more bees with honey" approach has proved so successful for all of us so far. Following your logic, perhaps we should appoint Fred Rogers (of "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood") as our national spokesman on this issue, and let him handle all of the contact and communication with DoS.

Good grief!

Skibum.....

LOL

No, having us all brainstorm and with one person writing and sending is much more effective an approach....that way, we can help edit the letter so that it's firm, effective, and nonoffensive.

No sheep here.

Brian

bahhhhhh

bahhhhhh

bahhhhhh

bahhhhhh

oh, and i have how many blue thingies?

hey, I just realized why whats his name got so mad, blue thing envy

Guest bbridges51

You know, I used to hate Mr. Rodgers before I had a child. Watching "the neighborhood" with him for several years made me love the guy.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor

would you be mine, could you be mine

It's a neighborly day in the beauty wood

a neighborly day in the beauty,

would you be my, you be my

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you

I've always wanted to live in neighborhood with you

sooo, let's make the best of a beautiful day

If we're both here, we might as well say,

Would you be my, would you me my,

Won't you me my neighbor?

Won't you please, won't you please,

Please won't you be my neighbor.

Howdy neighbor.

Brian

Ms. Harty says:

"The visas for parents, chilren, spouses, and fiancé/ées of American citizens will continue to be the highest priority for the immigrant visa unit in Guangzhou"

What other type of 'immigrant' visas are there?

..and if this was 'cut/pasted' she left out a "d" in chilren :D

Ms. Harty says:

"The visas for parents, chilren, spouses, and fiancé/ées of American citizens will continue to be the highest priority for the immigrant visa unit in Guangzhou"

..and if this was 'cut/pasted' she left out a "d" in chilren :lol:

Kandy, that is how we say "children" in Alabama! It came to me as a fax and I retyped it, with a typo, ooooohhh I could kick myself. :lol: ==>Corrected the original

Did anyone notice that the guy had corrected his first post on G7 where he said his lady had told him the visa machine was broken? He said he found out it was just the computer system was turned off because it was late in the day. :lol:

Ms. Harty says:

..and if this was 'cut/pasted' she left out a "d" in chilren :lol:

Relatives of people who are not citizens.

Actually, this is nothing new, they've always given U.S. citizens priority of non-citizens. Boy, I'd hate to be a Chinese national in the U.S. with a relative stuck in this process now.

--DAvid

David,

Granted it is not technically an immigration visa, but effectively it is. I know first hand of the family of a Chinese professor now teaching in the US that recieved their visas the same day they applied this month. As long as he has a job, they can renew and stay in the US. No "name check" problems. Fact, not a rumor. I helped his wife with her paperwork myself.

The fact is that is is easy for a terrorist to get into the US. They don't need to immigrate if they want to cause mischief. They can get any one of the visas that are currently being issued same day, or they can just sneak across the Mexican or Canadian border. It is the families of citizens that are denied entry within reasonable time.