I-693A Vaccination Supplement for Intending Immigrant

USCIS requires a US Civil Surgeon to transfer the foreign vaccination record (Yellow Book) to a supplement.

I visited the surgeon in my area, I printed out the page in I-485 directions that states only a supplement needed for K-Visa holders, and had to show this to the doctor, he wanted to do a full medical, but once confronted with the directions, the doctor backed off of the $300+ medical and just did the supplement for $30.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

USCIS requires a US Civil Surgeon to transfer the foreign vaccination record (Yellow Book) to a supplement.

I visited the surgeon in my area, I printed out the page in I-485 directions that states only a supplement needed for K-Visa holders, and had to show this to the doctor, he wanted to do a full medical, but once confronted with the directions, the doctor backed off of the $300+ medical and just did the supplement for $30.

Thank you so much Dan!

Fang only has yellow book. Everything else collected at POE. Does surgeon general require anything else? Any shots needed? I do have I-485 instructions and I-693 form and will start calling around today. Am I good to go? Thanks!

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)

Thank you so much Dan!

Fang only has yellow book. Everything else collected at POE. Does surgeon general require anything else? Any shots needed? I do have I-485 instructions and I-693 form and will start calling around today. Am I good to go? Thanks!

Look in the yellow book and see what they have for shots:

For most immigrants our age they are:

• Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids (TD)
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)

If MMR was recent, you may want to get a titer test for immunity, or a booster shot to complete that series.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thank you so much Dan!

No - they will simply transcribe the shots from the yellow book on to the vaccination supplement - it's actually the I-693A - and put one copy in a sealed envelope, and give you a separate copy. The CS will have the forms.

Thank you so much Dan!

No - they will simply transcribe the shots from the yellow book on to the vaccination supplement - it's actually the I-693A - and put one copy in a sealed envelope, and give you a separate copy. The CS will have the forms.

Thank you. Called around on Friday and got prices of $200 for complete medical which I disputed and then they lowered to $75 (unless, as Surgeon General said, my Fang needs other vaccinations). I was amazed at how quickly they want to push for full medical! Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you so much Dan!

Thank you. Called around on Friday and got prices of $200 for complete medical which I disputed and then they lowered to $75 (unless, as Surgeon General said, my Fang needs other vaccinations). I was amazed at how quickly they want to push for full medical! Thanks for the heads up!

Where can you take the shots....?....any hospital?....my wife just came here on K3 and she didn't take any shots in china.....i work in the hospital and i've adder her name to my insurance...wondering if she can take the shot at the hospital where i work and have it transfer to the 693a form.....any help appreciated..thanks...and i've heard that those shots affect pregancy..is it true?..thanks again..

what are the shots needed for immigrant?....i

andy

Thank you so much Dan!

Just had this done for $70 and was surprised to see envelope sealed so well and NO, they did not give me a copy. Told me they were not allowed to give copy. I told them I was concerned if lost in mail and they said to just come back for additional copy if needed. Does this sound right?

Michael,

This does seem odd. I have difficulty understanding why they wouldn't give you a copy if they allow you to receive one at a later date if needed.

We were given a copy stamped "copy" without asking.

Glad to read you are wrapping it all up for delivery soon.

Take care.

Clayton

Sounds odd, alright, but it should work. You most likely won't need the copy, but can get one if you need it.

Thank you so much Dan!

Just had this done for $70 and was surprised to see envelope sealed so well and NO, they did not give me a copy. Told me they were not allowed to give copy. I told them I was concerned if lost in mail and they said to just come back for additional copy if needed. Does this sound right?

They gave us a sealed one for wife and daughter with stamps and tape all over. PLus, an open one for each. Sorry to say but all for $50 total for the two. The CS was even within walking distance, so no car. I think the no copy is very strange.

Thank you so much Dan!

They gave us a sealed one for wife and daughter with stamps and tape all over. PLus, an open one for each. Sorry to say but all for $50 total for the two. The CS was even within walking distance, so no car. I think the no copy is very strange.

I do too and will question it again today on the phone. Thanks

Thank you so much Dan!

Sounds very strange to me. Sorry to inform you, but shopping around for a CS is a must. I found one who did the I-693a for no charge. Yes, he did give me a copy. Many CS or their respective receptionist do not know or understand the K-visa process. This is where the buyer must understand what it is they need. His receptionist tried to tell me Lisa needed the full exam as well. I told her, no, the rules state. She asked the doctor and he set her straight. Shop around.

Thank you so much Dan!

Sounds very strange to me. Sorry to inform you, but shopping around for a CS is a must. I found one who did the I-693a for no charge. Yes, he did give me a copy. Many CS or their respective receptionist do not know or understand the K-visa process. This is where the buyer must understand what it is they need. His receptionist tried to tell me Lisa needed the full exam as well. I told her, no, the rules state. She asked the doctor and he set her straight. Shop around.

I actually did shop it...to death...and found a doctor who haggled $70 out of me and fought me like a "lunatic out of control" on giving me a copy. This guy should not be a doctor, or referred by USCIS. I called USCIS to ask if I should insist on having a copy for my records. They say Dr should not have such a problem with this request, and that I should report him to the BBB and AMA for his violent temper and attitude on the phone. What a horrible experience I had with this Delray Beach, Florida doctor!

USCIS said to just send all AOS paperwork via reliable carrier, and request copy of I-693A from USCIS.