ctrip.com no longer accepts international CC

I was looking to book a flight for my wife yesterday on ctrip.com (or http://english.ctrip.com for you english readers) and kept going through to the 'pay' section, and noticed they no longer accepted international credit cards.

I called them early this morning, asked what happened, and they confirmed that they stopped accepting international credit cards, at least for now, as of about 2 weeks ago, with no real clue as to WHEN they'll restart again.

Darn.

Anyway - there's the heads up.

I like ctrip.com - makes it dead easy for me to get things done for travelling IN China.

But - I can still reserve the plane tickets, just a note to pay in CASH, and have them delivered to my lao po.

Same thing for hotels, yea !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I was looking to book a flight for my wife yesterday on ctrip.com (or http://english.ctrip.com for you english readers) and kept going through to the 'pay' section, and noticed they no longer accepted international credit cards.

I called them early this morning, asked what happened, and they confirmed that they stopped accepting international credit cards, at least for now, as of about 2 weeks ago, with no real clue as to WHEN they'll restart again.

Darn.

Anyway - there's the heads up.

I like ctrip.com - makes it dead easy for me to get things done for travelling IN China.

But - I can still reserve the plane tickets, just a note to pay in CASH, and have them delivered to my lao po.

Same thing for hotels, yea !

Does this include the BOC Great Wall International Card?

Not Sure -

Though I did recheck when I saw your post moments ago.

All it says for BOC is ....

Bank of China Credit Card

But the card has to be issued inside Mainland China.

If you have something issued from BOC LA or NYC branch, I've no idea.

Not Sure -

Though I did recheck when I saw your post moments ago.

All it says for BOC is ....

Bank of China Credit Card

But the card has to be issued inside Mainland China.

If you have something issued from BOC LA or NYC branch, I've no idea.

Interesting; I've been a Ctrip member for 8 years.

Interesting; I've been a Ctrip member for 8 years.

Well, if you use it, then you gots yer VIP status and Gold Level by now, yes ? I just got a VIP card sent to LP last week, I knocked up 5400 points whilst I was in China last month with flights and the BeiJing hotel.

8 years ! Good For You !

I guess you could verify stuff on your end when you log in , try to book something, get up to the 'pay' portion, review what cards they're taking currently. I DO SO HOPE they get this fixed for next month, though (there was a 3 percent surcharge to use International CC in January, I didn't care, just wanted to BOOK / BUY/ FLY) .

• 3 months later...

Well, here it it, my 1000th post since I joined.

I thought to make it in a topic that I started, with some more useful info.

ctrip fixed themselves, and takes your credit card now!!

Not sure exactly when this was 'fixed' but I started noticing it again about the middle o May.

Be Well, and Well Rested !!!

• 7 months later...

a quickie update:

1. they take international CC again (uh, like the one in yer wallet) and

2. they accept paypal for payment (with a 2% surcharge).

YUM !

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Ah sorry Darnell I didn't check your thread before starting up mine asking about plastic...Why isn't there an emotie of Smiley mop-slapping hisself??? Anywho by international cc I guess you mean AmEx, Visa or MC??? :mbounce:

Roger - near as I can understand - if the Bank or entity that issued the card is NOT in China,then it's considered 'international card'.

Bank of China (in America) is considered 'International Card'.

Bank of China (in China) is not considered 'International Card'.

You have a thread about plastic? I'll check it out, see what kind o rumpus we can start today.

Warmest Regards..