Do any documents for the interview require

We are in the final stages now :lol:

Do any of the police certificates or other documents obtained in China require certified translation to English? I have read the instructions and it seems they do NOT require translation but thought I should check to make sure.

Thanks

We are in the final stages now :lol:

Do any of the police certificates or other documents obtained in China require certified translation to English?  I have read the instructions and it seems they do NOT require translation but thought I should check to make sure.

Thanks

Tom,

Our understanding was that all of the documents have to be translated. Sarah said that the notarization office automatically translates them anyway when they are notarized. They then notarize the translations as well.

Dave

Tom:

I am not sure what the actual rule is, but all of our notorized documents, including non-marriage certificate, police report, etc. had English translations. When Li obtained these documents, the agency provided certified translations (for a fee of course). It was our understanding that these documents had to be translated. Again, I am not sure of the actual rule that GZ follows. It has been over a year since we turned in all these items so my memory is a bit foggy. :lol:

tom, your fiancee can go to the local notarary office. Birth certificate, police certificate and etc...can be just translated and notarized there. Here they charge 180 RMB for each certificate. They would ask you which country is that for, then tell them for USA. They charge more money cause 4 pages are required while other countries only need 3. My interview is also in august..good luck! :lol:

tparrent,

I have been writing the consulate over the past 2 months asking questions about their requirments. Just to get these things on paper, so they can't say we don't have correct paperwork. Like I wrote about the single person papers, and they wrote me back that they no longer require them. Ours are over a year old and if we don't need new ones, that saves time and money. Whether what they say is right or wrong, we have it from their e-mail, so I think they would have to go with the e-mail?