Mark...The forms we used for the I-485 are:

I-485

G-325A

I-864

I-693A

We also used optional forms:

I-765

I-131

We included supporting documents with all forms. Don't forget, if you file the I-765 and the I-131 to also include two passport photos with these also.

We used the name she wished on all forms starting with I-485 and used the same chosen name on all others as we will do throughout the process and forever more in our future.

Here is a link to a post that had several questions and one that involves the name change we wanted to use: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29096

Here is a great link posted by yuan fen on his cover sheet for the I-485 and more that alerted me to my passport photo error for the two optional forms in case you missed it:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27124

Zachary...Lol. I don't feel so alone now! Sorry you fell into the same boat as myself. Please let me know when/if you get your RFE for them.

Good luck to you both.

Clayton

Clayton as always thanks for the great help!! When my Mrs. gets here I have other things on my mind then look for forms!!

Mark :)

Sent our K-1 AOS paperwork in on January 25. Check cashed on February 1.

On the I-485 and I-765 NOA it has an ASC code number, each different. The I-131 NOA does not list an ASC number. The ASC number is in reference to?

Thanks,

Clayton

The ASC (Application Support Center) codes may be ignored. They will send you a notice when it's time for your biometrics, and tell you which ASC to go to. Our ASC codes were 2 and 3, maybe representing the services required (just a guess) - the AOS(I-485) requires all ten fingerprints, while the EAD(I-751) requires only 1 and a picture. The AP(I-131) does not require any ASC processing.

We used the name she wished on all forms starting with I-485 and used the same chosen name on all others as we will do throughout the process and forever more in our future.

One option that some suggested,and we chose, is to use her Chinese name as is appears on her passport for the AP docs so they match when she travels.

Just a suggestion. :rolleyes:

Guest Mike and Lily

Zachary,

I prepared our I-485 with all the proper paperwork and photos. I am not concerned of an RFE on it, but I have been wrong in my life before. Lol.

I did not realize that the I-765 and I-131 needed two photos each also. With my new wife here by my side, I let my guard down a little and failed to read the instructions properly for what was required for these two documents. I feel the I-485 will keep pace with all the others.

Glad to know you and Lychee are right there with us. I'll be watching your timeline also.

Clayton

Clayton,

We're in the same boat as you. We also forgot the I-765 photos, but like you, I'm not worried. GC is more important. :D Our timelimes should be very close.

Zachary

We also only sent in one set of photos. No RFE.

Hey Clayton,

Congratulations on moving forward on your next adventure in this process !! Can't believe its been five months already, since we met at the ACH !!?? ;)

My brain is still so numb over anticipating the P-3 in about three weeks and then the P-4 process, I can't even begin to think about what you are now doing !! :rolleyes: :)

Hope all is well, and best wishes to you !!

Rog

RLS...Thanks so much! Hoping all will go as smoothly as the last process.

Gino...I wish we had our biometrics appointment as does Zachary, but we have yet to receive it, so don't begin to worry yet. Reading your post just alerted me to his progression in the process. Yea!!! Perhaps we are not far behind.

I know your mindset is muddled since you went through the P-3 nightmare wait. I remember it well. I am sure each state/city has different timelines and waiting periods depending on the amount of appointments that need scheduled. I am not in worry mode yet, in fact, no hurry or worry whatsoever. Just happy to have my paperwork in on time and the payment is in their hands. I'll be watching your timeline closely.

roger...Always good to hear from you. Yes, not only has it been 5 months, my wife has now been here by my side now for nearly 3 months!

I've followed your progress for months now and I can only wish your goal is reached very soon. To me, it seems like it has been a long wait for you, I am sure it seems like a lifetime to you. Every time I read your posts or scan your timeline, I hope to read of you receiving the P3....at least!!!

All is very, very well for Wen Li and I. Life is grand! Busy enjoying the wonders of marriage and all we now share together...side by side.

We wish you the best and a speedy completion to your visa process so you can soon catch up to us.

Take care.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

So, her name on all of these don't match to her chinese passport... if she got the AP and tried to use it, it doesn't match any US based ID yet (because GC is still pending)... maybe it doesn't matter as you just need to have the plane ticket done the same as passport and use that as ID(?).

So, her name on all of these don't match to her chinese passport... if she got the AP and tried to use it, it doesn't match any US based ID yet (because GC is still pending)... maybe it doesn't matter as you just need to have the plane ticket done the same as passport and use that as ID(?).

David...Thanks for your input. I have never really given what you have now pointed out that much thought, but we only applied for AP since we could file all at the same time as the I-485.

At this point, her state ID and SS card do not match her Chinese passport since we are now married and the passport is in her maiden name.

As we only have travels within the U.S. scheduled this year and a planned return to China in Sept. '09 we will be hoping all goes well with our application and will have the green card in hand prior to this trip outside the U.S.

If all else fails, (stuck in name check hell or other issues), prior to China departure, I will study up on your thought of putting the ticket in her name that does match the passport.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)
Hi Clayton

I've call USCIS today trying to inquire the Biometrics status of our case but shes refuses to answer any of my question. The lady was pretty rude and told me they will send out the notice and then tell me "Thank you for calling USCIS" and hand up I thing she really means it when she said "thank you". Do you know if there's any other place we can call to find out the Biometrics status?

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

So this is what we're paying $600+ extra for after the new rate increase -- people like that who give poor c.s.? I'm glad that wasn't me, because I would've called back and raised some h-e-double hockey sticks.

On the brighter side... I did actually get a really nice lady that helped me when I called in about the forgotten photos. She was very cheerful and gave me a lot of information - like the EAD app goes to Missouri - so you might try calling back and hoping for someone else that will actually help you.

Good luck.

Hi Clayton

I've call USCIS today trying to inquire the Biometrics status of our case but shes refuses to answer any of my question. The lady was pretty rude and told me they will send out the notice and then tell me "Thank you for calling USCIS" and hand up :D I thing she really means it when she said "thank you". Do you know if there's any other place we can call to find out the Biometrics status?

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Gino,

I'd keep calling back until I got someone who didn't wake up with a corn cob stuck up their A*S. Ya never know. :P