AOS PACKET POST 08-2007

For Adjustment of Status, I-485, Employment Authorization Document I-765, and Application for Travel Document I-131 Concurrently; Post 08-01-2007

Many documents have changed slightly begining 08-01-2007, which in turn reflects the Fee increase.

From many of past posts I found conflicting information during my research, which led to basically following the directions on the new forms.

This is the Cover Sheet List for the Packet I sent in, for our filing AOS as K1 Entry.

In the exact order listed.

Contents include:

1. I-485 Package

- Form G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative

- Check for I-485/Biometric Fee in the amount of $ 1010.00

- Form I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status

- Copy of Intending Immigrant’s Birth Certificate with English Translation

- Copy of Intending Immigrant’s Passport with K1 Visa and Entry Stamps

- Two Passport-type Photographs of Intending Immigrant

- Form I-693A Vaccination Supplement for Intending Immigrant

- Form G-325A for Intending Immigrant

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and Supporting Documents

- Copy of 2006 Tax Return 1040, 2006 W2, and 2006 Tax

Transcript

- Copy of 2005 Tax Transcript and 2005 W2

- Copy of 2004 Tax Transcript and 2004 W2

- Copies of Pay Stubs for the most recent 6 Months

- Letter from Employer (Original)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Copy of I-797 “Approval for I-129F

- Copy of I-94

- Copy of Marriage Certificate

- Copies of Divorce Documents for Petitioner and Beneficiary with English Translation

2. I-765 Package

- Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

- Copy of Intending Immigrants Passport Biographic Page

- Copy of Intending Immigrants Birth Certificate with Translation

- Copy of Intending Immigrants K1 Visa Issued by a Foreign Consulate

- 2 Passport Style Photographs

3. I-131 Package

- Form I-131 Application for Travel Document

- Form I-131 Part 7 Letter of Explanation

- Copy of Intending Immigrants Passport Biographic Page

- Copy of Intending Immigrants Birth Certificate with Translation

- Copy of Intending Immigrants K1 Visa Issued by a Foreign Consulate

- 2 Passport Style Photographs

To the best of my knowledge I don't think I left anything out which pertained to our case, or was observed in the directions of the forms. We may have duplicated some of the copies of documents for EAD and AP, but it was unclear from the reading. They may just toss the duplcates, unsure.

Eric

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a great list to start with...

As a minimum, I think the following are NOT needed:

I-485:

Divorce documents

I-131 & I-765:

Birth certificate with translation

Copy of K1 visa

The G-28 is optional on all...

---

Would be good for some other recent filers to comment what they filed and then this can get moved to Links and Resources.

I thought there was some padding also,

K1 proves married in 90 days, right?

so they get all the status..Divorce docs were there also..... I surrender..

Identification, & proof of status within the US was the thought EAD&AP.

It is all consistent information from I-129f to P4.

Passport, Birth Cert. Same as filed with Social Security.

Visa, I-94, all of it.

Curiosity brought on the;

G-28

this was from the thought of Jie doesn't speak but broken English, but how to represent her in the forms, she is clueless. I bear full legal responsibility. Representative.

Does it help? I don't know.

I wore tire of second guessing. :)

Edited by yuan fen (see edit history)

G-28

this was from the thought of Jie doesn't speak but broken English, but how to represent her in the forms, she is clueless. I bear full legal responsibility. Representative.

I wore tire of second guessing. :rotfl:

Smart idea sending in the G-28. I forgot about that one when we sent in the I-485. :angry:

Good luck and speedy processing!

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

I thought there was some padding also,

K1 proves married in 90 days, right?

so they get all the status..Divorce docs were there also..... I surrender..

Identification, & proof of status within the US was the thought EAD&AP.

It is all consistent information from I-129f to P4.

Passport, Birth Cert. Same as filed with Social Security.

Visa, I-94, all of it.

G-28

I wore tire of second guessing. :angry:

Marriage certificate proves marriage. I don't see any forms asking for divorce documents.

I'm just saying, the items I mention.. I don't find asked for anywhere in the documents. The only new addition I see is the copy of visa biographic, since I filed two years ago...

As to the G-28... I'm under the impression, based on the instructions, that it's for an attorney or representative [of a company].. not a spouse nor a sponsor... I've heard mixed results. Personally, I never used one so am open to hear experiences that it directly helped... which doesn't mean that someone simply allowed you to USCIS, since I know people have talked to USCIS without it... me.

As to the G-28... I'm under the impression, based on the instructions, that it's for an attorney or representative [of a company].. not a spouse nor a sponsor... I've heard mixed results. Personally, I never used one so am open to hear experiences that it directly helped... which doesn't mean that someone simply allowed you to USCIS, since I know people have talked to USCIS without it... me.

Yeah, I had the same feeling when I read the form, but there is a field for "Other" as the representative, so I assume you can input "Husband/Spouse" in that field.

It seems to have worked for Jim_J well. I think Lee used it as well.

It's kind of like going to the interview at GUZ. It may not help in everyone's case, but it certainly can't hurt if you send it along--or attend the interview. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Just an addition to our AOS processing for filing post 08-2007. The initial filing was sent to the Chicago lock-box address, but the service center for our area is the Dallas, Texas.

When we recieved I-797C NOA for our filing of AOS, EAD, and AP we recieved all 3 on the same date. Since the G-28 forms were filed for each also we basically recieved copies of each also in my name as my wife's represenative. 15 Days after filing.

When the biometrics letter arrived it was for both for the AOS and EAD. Again a copy with "c/o as wife's represenative" for the appointment was received as well. 15 Days after Reciept Notice.

The biometric appointment will be for both AOS and EAD at the same time.

Eric

• 1 month later...

Update:

Biometrics appointment, completed on October 30, 2007, for both AOS and EAD in Dallas, Texas. This was conducted at an "Application Support Center." Located at;

3701 W. Northwest HWY

Village at Bachman Lake Suite 211

Dallas, Texas 75220

A little information for locating the office for those that may be given this location in the Dallas area.

If traveling West on Northwest Hwy

Turn Right on Webb Chapel Rd.

Go (approx. 1 block)

Turn Right on El Centro Dr.

Just after the slight left bend in El Centro Dr. past the first parking lot

Turn Right into the second parking lot.

The "Application Support Center" will be on the right in the Shopping Center. The sign on the Suite is "APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER."

One will be asked to show the Appointment Letter and Valid Photo Identification. We simply used my wife¡¯s Passport. After the Appointment Letter and Identification were checked by the front desk there was a form to fill out. Applicant¡¯s A#, and Application Number (s) for I-485 or I-765 will be needed, and is printed on the ASC Appointment Letter. Father and Mother¡¯s Name was also needed on the form. When the form was complete we returned it to the front desk, the appointment letter was stamped, and we were given a number. When the number was called we went to the next room for fingerprints, a photograph, and signature.

We received the Approved I-512L Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States. The MSC# matches the I-797C Notice of Action receipt number for the I-131, and the A# is correct. There were 2 copies of the I-512L received.

Advance Parole received, 62 Days after the I-131, I-797C Notice of Receipt.

I strongly recommend filing a G-28.

David's assertion that representative equates to a company is without basis in fact as far as I can tell. But in his defense, facts never seem to deter the USG.

The G-28 worked for us both in the K-1 and K-2 case. I filed as a "representative" and identified myself as sponsor/husband/stepfather.

So far none of the excellent researchers we have here on CFL have managed to find and instructions, regulations, whatever to guide USCIS officials regarding the G-28.

It was from your recomendation we filed the G-28 with each application; AOS, EAD, and AP. While I have not found clear documentation to the bounds of the G-28, there is no fee for including it. We did receive a copy of the "I-797C Notice of Receipt" for each application filed and the "I-797C Biometrics ASC Appointment Notice" in c/o myself, so the USCIS must acknowledge the G-28 on some level.

My thought at the time of filing was if the G-28 could be needed for me to inquire about my wifes case by any chance, why not file. To me it is simply a matter of "Strict or Loose Interpretation" by an USCIS Official, which in either case, with it filed possibly no issues could arise in this arena. Thus far in our case the G-28 has not been needed.

Update:

Once the Approved I-512L for Advance Parole was received, I decided to check our case on the USCIS website for the first time.

AOS showed "Recieved/Pending" as suspected being less than 6 months as stated on the processing times page.

EAD status showed "Card production ordered," as of 19 November 2007. The EAD Card was received 24 November 2007 from the USCIS Missouri Cervice Center, 66 Days from I-797C Notice of Receipt.

It was from your recomendation we filed the G-28 with each application; AOS, EAD, and AP. While I have not found clear documentation to the bounds of the G-28, there is no fee for including it. We did receive a copy of the "I-797C Notice of Receipt" for each application filed and the "I-797C Biometrics ASC Appointment Notice" in c/o myself, so the USCIS must acknowledge the G-28 on some level.

My thought at the time of filing was if the G-28 could be needed for me to inquire about my wifes case by any chance, why not file. To me it is simply a matter of "Strict or Loose Interpretation" by an USCIS Official, which in either case, with it filed possibly no issues could arise in this arena. Thus far in our case the G-28 has not been needed.

Update:

Once the Approved I-512L for Advance Parole was received, I decided to check our case on the USCIS website for the first time.

AOS showed "Recieved/Pending" as suspected being less than 6 months as stated on the processing times page.

EAD status showed "Card production ordered," as of 19 November 2007. The EAD Card was received 24 November 2007 from the USCIS Missouri Cervice Center, 66 Days from I-797C Notice of Receipt.

I have a couple of questions about the G-28.

Did you fill in those top three boxes titles "In re","Date" and "File No.",or are they meant for office use only?

If you did fill them in, what did you put for "In re" and "File No."

Thanks

Did you fill in those top three boxes titles "In re","Date" and "File No.",or are they meant for office use only?

Thanks

re: I-485 AOS application

File # - give the A#

Thanks

re: I-485 AOS application

File # - give the A#

Thanks Randy. :rolleyes: