Just wanted to report that at long last, Li finally received her social security card in the mail. This, like everything else since day one in the visa process, has been a long, drawn-out procedure. At least she now has it and can now begin to prepare for her driver's test. Maybe now we can also open a bank account for her. :blink:

Guest Long_strider

Good news Mick. Glad that it finally arrived. The Driver's License will be the next interesting part. Have Li practiced parallel parking and calculating breaking distances on wet pavement? LOL

We will be filing all the papers for AOS this week and then trotting off to Social Security to apply for the card.

Mike

Hi Mike I remember reading somewhere sometime that Washington State has a drivers license manual in Chinese.  It can't be all that different from Oregon's.

Carl

That's great news, but I live in Tennessee. :lol: :lol:

Good for you, Mick and Li: Congratulations, finally!

A bit sad and sorry to have to congratulate each other on things working as they should!

So glad you're over these problems now and you shared them.

PS: Chinadave and Sarah's POE experience (stamped work permit) make me wonder whether to eventually come through New York on Xiyu’s first entry ever?

A bit sad and sorry to have to congratulate each other on things working as they should!

PS: Chinadave and Sarah's POE experience (stamped work permit) make me wonder whether to eventually come through New York on Xiyu’s  first entry ever?

Thanks for the well wishes. If they are still stamping EAD at NY, I would suggest coming in through there. It will save you some time and money.

Long time haven't logged on Candle due to my busy schedule (summer semester and moving), always wondering how you are doing. I'm so happy to see the good news as soon as I open the site. Hope everything else is going a OK for you!

Things are going great LittleBear. Life is good, we are happy, and it is so good to hear from you. I hope you log on more often. We miss you. :rolleyes:

Li sends her love and please say hello to Zeak for us. Things are well in Shantou as I often hear from my students there.

PS: Chinadave and Sarah's POE experience (stamped work permit) make me wonder whether to eventually come through New York on Xiyu’s  first entry ever?

I wouldn't go the xtra mile or expense for that... A stamp is one thing... But as Yuhui found out on one occasion, even a EAD card might not be enough... because is time limited. Like a stamp on a passport, and the EAD card does look a heck of a lot more official... The bottom line is, the employer has the final word on the format they want to see.. And most are IGNORANT.

:rolleyes: