Finally! PINK SLIP!!!!!

At long last, my dear wife of 14 months has received her pink slip for the K3 visa. HOORAY!!!!!! (This was after getting the blue slip in November.)

Of course, almost everyone at the Consulate in Guangzhou recognizes and knows the meaning of the pink slip, so she received many congratulations.

The only odd thing was that after she turned in her passport on Wednesday, she received a call on Thursday evening from a woman who works for the Consulate. Coincidentally, it turns out, her CR1 application file arrived at the Consulate. The timing was quite coincidental, as we have been asking about the CR1 ever since receiving notification last September that the application had been forwarded to Guangzhou. Just last week in an email they said it had still not arrived.

Anyway, this woman tried very hard to to convince my wife to abandon her K3 application and wait another 2 - 4 months for the processing of the "much better" CR1 visa. Keep in mind that this phone call came the evening before she was to get her pink slip for the K3 and the day after she had left her passport at the Consulate.

Although we are both aware of the significant advantages to the CR1 over the K3, we thought it odd that someone from the Consulate would call her and try to convince her to abandon her K3 application the evening before receiving her pink slip.

Needless to say, she told the Consulate employee NO. If and when the CR1 visa is available we might decide to return to Guangzhou, but in the meantime, she will be with me in the USA.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation, where they try to convince you to abandon your application literally hours before receiving the pink slip? To both of us it was very strange and disconcerting.

Assuming no glitches, she will have her visa next Wednesday, and arrive in the USA the following Monday. HOORAY!!!!!!!!

Wonderful news. May she have a safe trip.

I'll have to share with my honey!

I'll look to see if there are responses to your question. You say it was from someone within the consolate. Hmm, I don't see a money angle for fraud. So strange - but it's past - and you're PINK PINK PINK!!! :headbang:

In all the excitment, it's easy to speculate what was really said by the consulate (read translation of another person (GZ) when not expecting it(wife) in another language (GZ Chinese to wife Chinese to English to you)). :bangin:

I am sure GZ was just letting her know her options as it had just occured (CR arrival).

Either way, a visa in hand is better than another maybe later. One blue is enough.

Congratulations. :huh:

In all the excitment, it's easy to speculate what was really said by the consulate (read translation of another person (GZ) when not expecting it(wife) in another language (GZ Chinese to wife Chinese to English to you)). :blink:

I am sure GZ was just letting her know her options as it had just occured (CR arrival).

Either way, a visa in hand is better than another maybe later. One blue is enough.

Congratulations. :)

I agree with your assessment Mike; this is the most plausible explanation, and the phone call was most likely just as you indicate, to clarify the options, since they had previously expressed preference for the CR-1.

For me, given my current state-of-mind, even a three to four ¡®week¡¯ wait would be too long, let alone three or four ¡®months¡¯ !!!!

I am going to take our K-3 and 4, and run fast for the airport.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS !!!