K3 Visa Overcome

Like so many others, the stories are all so similar.... we also received the blue slip last November 13, 2007. They asked I hand write a statement of our first and second meetings, when we first met in person and later married.

Fortunately, we were able to mail in the statement so they received it November 15, unlike many others who must make an appointment to submit the requested information.

Then the waiting game began again.

Today my wife received a letter telling her to return to Guangzhou with her passport. We are hopeful this leads to the visa sometime next week.

Tonight she is on a bus to Guangzhou, and tomorrow afternoon she will hand in her passport.

We will keep you posted....but if all goes well, we are reunited in 2 or 3 weeks, and this time in the USA (although, quite frankly, I'd prefer to be with her in China now!).

Like so many others, the stories are all so similar.... we also received the blue slip last November 13, 2007. They asked I hand write a statement of our first and second meetings, when we first met in person and later married.

Excellent News ! I pray it all goes will for her. Do you think you might take a moment to write up yer timeline, place it in your sig here?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

"Return with your passport" is a very good sign. Odds are high that she will get the visa this trip.

My thoughts are the same as Jim¡¯s !! ;)

I think this is very positive.

Question: When you filed your I-130 and I-129F, did you include any evidence of a bona fide marriage/relationship, and/or did you include an evolution of relationship letter/memo to the file ??

Best wishes for your success, and for sure, keep us apprised !! :smoker:

Update: She has her pink slip. She returns next Wednesday to receive her visa.

To answer some questions, no .... I did not include an evolution of the relationship to the application. That was a mistake it turns out, as we learned in November. I thought the deed to our apartment in Zhanjiang, my passport showing the entry and departure stamps for 6 visits, the log of 648 internet conversations (date, time, duration), the 22 date-stamped photos, the phone bills for 6 months showing 151 telephone calls, and the log of our daily internet communication from the day we met would paint the picture for them. I was wrong. Anyway, it's all history as we now have the pink slip.

One odd thing....the evening before she received her pink slip for the K3 visa (the day after dropping off her passport), she received a telephone call from an Consulate employee who tried very hard to convince her to abandon her K3 application and await her CR1 visa processing, the file which had just arrived at the Consulate. She wisely decided to take the bird in hand.

To answer some questions, no .... I did not include an evolution of the relationship to the application. That was a mistake it turns out, as we learned in November. I thought the deed to our apartment in Zhanjiang, my passport showing the entry and departure stamps for 6 visits, the log of 648 internet conversations (date, time, duration), the 22 date-stamped photos, the phone bills for 6 months showing 151 telephone calls, and the log of our daily internet communication from the day we met would paint the picture for them. I was wrong. Anyway, it's all history as we now have the pink slip.

One odd thing....the evening before she received her pink slip for the K3 visa (the day after dropping off her passport), she received a telephone call from an Consulate employee who tried very hard to convince her to abandon her K3 application and await her CR1 visa processing, the file which had just arrived at the Consulate. She wisely decided to take the bird in hand.

Very strange again, maybe they ran out of K-3 visa's????????? :rolleyes:

Very strange again, maybe they ran out of K-3 visa's????????? :lol:

No Mark, I checked today. They just got a new batch of K-3's in, but they are now out of the K-1's and it may be 120 days before the boat arrives from DC, via the Panama Canal, with a new order. :lol:

Very strange again, maybe they ran out of K-3 visa's????????? :)

No Mark, I checked today. They just got a new batch of K-3's in, but they are now out of the K-1's and it may be 120 days before the boat arrives from DC, via the Panama Canal, with a new order. :)

Chinadavid we are all happy for you!!!!!

Rog if something does not happen soon for the two of us!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

What?! All THOSE were not sufficient??? What exactly did you lack then? I don't even think we have ALL those... >o<

Roger - what's "an evolution of the relationship"???

Oh man...who keeps daily log of internet conversations? And phone bills??? nowadays we all use phone cards, they don't send you the bills anymore... =\

"evolution of the relationship" is a letter you and your SO write to GUZ to state how your relationship was developed. Lulu wrote it in Chinese and I wrote that in English, 3 pages each with a clear time line cover sheet.

Lots of phone cards will keep calling log so you can print them (www.oubiz.com).

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thanks again, Gino! Wow, 3 pages...you must've written in a lot of details. Does it have to be 2 copies from the each of us? My written Chinese sounds like 1st grader... @*_*@

I guess these are all stated in the kitchen sink, I should go check it out during the boring Chinese new year...

Dave she can still go back for the CR1 interview on top of the K3, but I guess you know that.

My wife used the K3 to visit the USA then returned for the CR1. But we did not have the reult you did.

Congrats. what a relief I am sure.