What to do next?

Apply for SSN within 76 days of entry on a K-1 visa, after that you will have to wait for EAD or Green-card to get SSN.

File for marriage license if you have not done this (You say K-1)

Marry (Within 90 days of entry)

Wait for marriage cert.

Get vaccination records transfered to a supplement by a US Civil surgeon, insist on just a supplement K-Visa holders do not need a full medical if visa medical is less than a year ago.

File I-864, I-485, I-765 For work auth, and perhaps I-131 for a travel doc, and G-325A for wife only.

I-485 is based on approved I-129F K-1 and attach copy of I-129F approval notice.

I-765 is based on pending I-485 (C )(9 )

File everything in same envelope to USCIS Chicago PO Box.

A few notes:

Treat I-485, I-765 and I-131 as separate petitions so no sharing of evidence, each needs it's own set of evidence.

USCIS does not need original or certified copies of evidence, ordinary photo copies are fine.

If your wife is going to take your last name, get married first then go get the SSN. Take a certified copy of your marriage licence and her passport with visa and I-94 inside. Once you have a SSN in her married name it is fairly simple to get her a state ID card and put her on your bank account. Next file the I-485 (petition to adjust status) and I-765. (employment authorization) They are two seperate forms but if you file them together there is no additonal fee anymore for the I-765. If you think she may need to go to China file the I-131 application for travel document. (also known as advanced parole) There are sample forms filled in here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Good luck.

Apply for SSN within 76 days of entry on a K-1 visa, after that you will have to wait for EAD or Green-card to get SSN.

Wait for marriage cert.

Get vaccination records transfered to a supplement by a US Civil surgeon, insist on just a supplement K-Visa holders do not need a full medical if visa medical is less than a year ago.

File I-864, I-485, I-765 For work auth, and perhaps I-131 for a travel doc, and G-325A for wife only.

I-485 is based on approved I-129F K-1 and attach copy of I-129F approval notice.

A few notes:

Treat I-485, I-765 and I-131 as separate petitions so no sharing of evidence, each needs it's own set of evidence.

USCIS does not need original or certified copies of evidence, ordinary photo copies are fine.

Question?? I-864 needs to go with all of this also?

K-2 needs all this as well, wait for EAD to get ssn#?

Wait for marriage cert.

A few notes:

Question?? I-864 needs to go with all of this also? Yes, see above. :blink:

K-2 needs all this as well, wait for EAD to get ssn#? Yes, EAD or greencard.

Wait for marriage cert.

A few notes:

Question?? I-864 needs to go with all of this also? Yes, see above. :blink:

K-2 needs all this as well, wait for EAD to get ssn#? Yes, EAD or greencard.

Thanks I-864 was not there on the original post?? B)

Thx. I made a mistake. She is on a K-3 visa. I tried to get a SS no for her but they said that I need to obtain an authorization to work form filled out first.

Anyone heard of this?

It is the I-765, you can do it together when you do the AOS papers.

Try reading this guide, it will help you understand the process better.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Oh yeah, dont forget the fees, your taxes arent enough to feed Uncle Sam, he needs his snacks too.

Theres one for the I485, and one for biometrics (amounts are on the I485). Another if you file for AP and yet another for EAD. The only thing you dont have to pay for is a SS#, and that because the govt knows they will ultimately collect more taxes with it.