Anyone know the train shcedule GZ to HK?

There ia shuttle bus' from GZ to HK. I have seen them advertised but never used them. I have always crossed the border on foot at Shenzhen, take the train one stop then catch the #34 (I could be wrong about the bus#, 30-something) bus to the airport.

It will be very hot and humid this time of year. I hope you prepare for it. You have to pack alot of luggage out, in the heat. Carry a small towel to wipe the perspiration, wear a cowboy hat to attract more stares, sunglasses and always wear your sunscreen.

And get you &*%$ back here so you can help us on-hold ones you lucky bum!

Guest Long_strider

I have taken the bus one time from GZ to Hong Kong. It leaves from the China Hotel and the Garden Hotel. The cost is around 40 dollars US per person. It takes about 3 hours travel time.

You will need to get off the bus when you cross the border, leave your luggage on the bus, walk throught a checkpoint, then get back on the bus. They deliver you directly to the airport.

The bus service is CTC. I think there is a bus leaving at 7pm and the last one leaves at 8 pm.

I have taken the train once to HK fron GZ but was carrying only a little luggage and we put the suitcases on the rack above our heads. It is quick and a nice ride, about 90 minutes

I have never taken the ferry.....so can't give you any info there.

Mike

tparrent,

I take the bus from HK to ShenZhen all the time and it goes on from ShenZhen to GZ. It's not a public bus, very confortable and air-conditioned. Your bags go in the hole so there are no crowds. The number is a HK number at the airport >852-9747-1202< >755-3751-805< this is the ShenZhen number. For China >011-86< I don't know HK.

It is ten times better than the train and there are no stops, except the border crossing.

I have taken the Ferry to Shenzhen from Hong Kong twice and it is the only way to travel if you are not flying. When I was there both times it was not even half full and it has airplane style seating only more comfy. They drop you off 4 minutes from the airport, and the customs line only has your boat instead of the thousands of people on the train.