Clayton thanks for asking these questions, WOW!! :smartass:

I- 765 changed her name to what wanted on #1 and listed maiden name on line #2?

I-485, I-864, G-325A, and I-131 you would use the same name used on line #1 on the I-765??

I-485 is to adjust status (Correct it is to apply for the Green-Card K-Visas are NON-Immigrant, Immigrants get Green-cards, NON immigrants do not, thus adjustment is needed)

I-864 is a repeat of support, already did 134 in GZU why? (Because I-134 is for NON-Immigrant visas, I-864 is for GREEN-CARDS)

G-325A is new biographical data I understand I guess!

I-765 is GC to work (Is for EAD, to be able to work while waiting for approval of the I-485)

I-131 to travel home sooner if want. (Correct K-1 cannot leave the USA and return unless they have AP or Green-card. I-131 is NOT needed for K-3)

2 forms are optional but are $1010 all together?? (Correct $1010 covers all I-485/I-131/I-765)

Mark, just trying to get ahead before she is here!!

Keep in mind this is all about the I-485, EAD and AP are based on the I-485, so should either be filed with the I-485 in same envelope and sent to address specified by the I-485, (Chicago PO Box)

If you file for EAD and/or AP after filing the I-485, you have to wait for I-485 NOA1 letter to include a copy with the other petitions.

Thanks and for my K-2 it is the same and she will need to wait on ssn# after she gets her EAD?

Thanks as always for the help, Mark! :eyebrow:

Thanks and for my K-2 it is the same and she will need to wait on ssn# after she gets her EAD?

Thanks as always for the help, Mark! :smartass:

Correct ONLY K-1 is "Work Authorized" by USCIS all other K-Visas are not so cannot get SSN until they have either EAD or Green-card.

K-1 is "Work Auth" primarily to be able to get the SSN, some states are strict in their interpretation of a federal law that requires persons applying for a "license" to have SSN, this can cause a problem with marriage license if only one person has SSN and the other (the K-1 holder) does not.

Thanks as always for the help, Mark! :eyebrow:

Correct ONLY K-1 is "Work Authorized" by USCIS all other K-Visas are not so cannot get SSN until they have either EAD or Green-card.

K-1 is "Work Auth" primarily to be able to get the SSN, some states are strict in their interpretation of a federal law that requires persons applying for a "license" to have SSN, this can cause a problem with marriage license if only one person has SSN and the other (the K-1 holder) does not.

Thanks for all the help, in Illinois she can not get even a state ID without the SSN! :smartass: