Thanks to Dave, he asked several questions that I had for the G-325A in an earlier post and I won't have to ask you all for help with those questions!

But, here are the questions I do have:

1) On the I-485 for the family name we used her newly married family name TAYLOR and chose her first name as WEN LI as both Dan and jim have stated in my last post that this will be fine. Her name as we wish on the I-485 is WEN LI TAYLOR (no middle name)....So, my question is: How do we list her name on the G-325A?

2) I did check the box - Status as Permanent Resident...Correct?

3) In the bold outlined box on the bottom...Where it asks for the (Alien Registration Number)...Is this the same "File Number A" that I used in the top right hand corner of this form? If not, does she have one?

Thanks to all who can help me complete this form.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Thanks to Dave, he asked several questions that I had for the G-325A in an earlier post and I won't have to ask you all for help with those questions!

But, here are the questions I do have:

1) On the I-485 for the family name we used her newly married family name TAYLOR and chose her first name as WEN LI as both Dan and jim have stated in my last post that this will be fine. Her name as we wish on the I-485 is WEN LI TAYLOR (no middle name)....So, my question is: How do we list her name on the G-325A?

3) In the bold outlined box on the bottom...Where it asks for the (Alien Registration Number)...Is this the same "File Number A" that I used in the top right hand corner of this form? If not, does she have one?

Thanks to all who can help me complete this form.

Clayton

Clayton good questions and I am getting used to them, so in a few months I will not be scrambling!! :P

You are doing a 325, 485 and 765 for $1010 right??

Should the name on the GC form where you changed it match the other two forms?? It is confusing??

Mark and feng! :D

Mark,

Yes, the $1010 bundle is what we are now preparing.

Let's hope we find some good answers to these good questions soon.

Although I have had several questions to date on the AOS paperwork, this is a cakewalk compared to all we had to prepare to bring us together forever more.

We wish you and Feng the best today and in the very near future!

Clayton

Mark,

Yes, the $1010 bundle is what we are now preparing.

Let's hope we find some good answers to these good questions soon.

Although I have had several questions to date on the AOS paperwork, this is a cakewalk compared to all we had to prepare to bring us together forever more.

We wish you and Feng the best today and in the very near future!

Clayton

I spent some time looking at these forms on Visa journey if that helps at all?? B)

Mark

Clayton get this figured out for me will you??

:(

485 is the change of status they talk about and the name should match the 765??

765 is for GC and it is where you changed her name?? You used two first names instead of a middle name, any reason why, or just a Chinese thing??

325 is like the one turned in a long time ago and are the same but has the new USA stuff on it??

Need a GC to get SSN# changed to the name you want on it correct??

I do not want to wait until day 89 to figure all this out!! :blink:

Last what did you do about state ID or waiting for GC also to change name on it??

Chinese consulate only place to add an addtional name to Chinese passport??

Sorry to get in on your very important questions but all these dange numbers start to get crazy!! B)

As I am learning as I go with this process I have begun working with one form at a time. I began with the I-485 and here is the link to the questions I asked and the answers given to me:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29096

I hope this link will help you with some of what you ask. It will answer your question of why she seeks to be known as WEN LI TAYLOR.

As for the I-765, it is an optional form to file if you wish. We will use this form, but I must await the answers to this post on the questions involving the name change.

We have had a SS card in her maiden name, Li Wen. Once married we got her SS in her now married name. At the time we applied for the new SS card I asked of the name change we hope to acheive during the AOS process. I was told that once the AOS is granted, we can have the name changed on her SS card to match. They did allow her new card to read Li Wen Taylor.

State ID is in the name of Li Wen Taylor also, which is only good for one year. Once the AOS process is complete I hope to get it changed to the name she wishes.

I cannot answer all you ask and I will hope all I have just written is not corrected by others with MUCH more knowledge than I.

Hope I have helped in some way.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

As I am learning as I go with this process I have begun working with one form at a time. I began with the I-485 and here is the link to the questions I asked and the answers given to me:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29096

I hope this link will help you with some of what you ask. It will answer your question of why she seeks to be known as WEN LI TAYLOR.

As for the I-765, it is an optional form to file if you wish. We will use this form, but I must await the answers to this post on the questions involving the name change.

We have had a SS card in her maiden name, Li Wen. Once married we got her SS in her now married name. At the time we applied for the new SS card I asked of the name change we hope to acheive during the AOS process. I was told that once the AOS is granted, we can have the name changed on her SS card to match. They did allow her new card to read Li Wen Taylor.

State ID is in the name of Li Wen Taylor also, which is only good for one year. Once the AOS process is complete I hope to get it changed to the name she wishes.

I cannot answer all you ask and I will hope all I have just written is not corrected by others with MUCH more knowledge than I.

Hope I have helped in some way.

Clayton

Thanks I was on that thread and one done by chef4u also awhile back.

I am pretty good on all this now??

My feng is going to use US name, family name and then my last name!!

Good luck Mark! B)

You list her new married name on the G-325A and in the box for all other names used you list maiden name.

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A-aos.pdf

Correct. again look at the sample G-325A
Correct it is her A# listed on I-129F NOA2 approval letter. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Dan,

Once again, Thanks!

If I am understanding your response correctly, I am going to use the same name I used on the I-485, Wen Li Taylor and follow through with all other paperwork that asks of her newly married name as my responses read to an earlier post by myself.

I can now complete this form and move on to the next.

Clayton

Dan,

Once again, Thanks!

If I am understanding your response correctly, I am going to use the same name I used on the I-485, Wen Li Taylor and follow through with all other paperwork that asks of her newly married name as my responses read to an earlier post by myself.

I can now complete this form and move on to the next.

Clayton

You are correct.

Clayton thanks for asking these questions, WOW!! :ph34r:

I- 765 changed her name to what wanted on #1 and listed maiden name on line #2?

I-485, I-864, G-325A, and I-131 you would use the same name used on line #1 on the I-765??

I-485 is to adjust status

I-864 is a repeat of support, already did 134 in GZU why?

G-325A is new biographical data I understand I guess!

I-765 is GC to work

I-131 to travel home sooner if want

2 forms are optional but are $1010 all together??

Mark, just trying to get ahead before she is here!!

Clayton thanks for asking these questions, WOW!! :D

I-485, I-864, G-325A, and I-131 you would use the same name used on line #1 on the I-765??

I-765 is GC to work

... and the purpose of this post is????

Clayton thanks for asking these questions, WOW!! :D

I-765 is GC to work

... and the purpose of this post is????

Just asking Mr. Clayton if this is what he did?? Clayton answered many many questions I have on these forms I have been studying all of them. SO just trying to get ahead because of work, visa, sons, wedding, and so on. Things will be crazy for the next few months! I hate to not know what is going on with stuff!! Sorry if this bothered you, maybe I should have PM but answered all the rest for me and somewhere someone else will have the same goofy questions! B)

Clayton thanks for asking these questions, WOW!! :smartass:

I-485 is to adjust status (Correct it is to apply for the Green-Card K-Visas are NON-Immigrant, Immigrants get Green-cards, NON immigrants do not, thus adjustment is needed)

I-864 is a repeat of support, already did 134 in GZU why? (Because I-134 is for NON-Immigrant visas, I-864 is for GREEN-CARDS)

I-765 is GC to work (Is for EAD, to be able to work while waiting for approval of the I-485)

I-131 to travel home sooner if want. (Correct K-1 cannot leave the USA and return unless they have AP or Green-card. I-131 is NOT needed for K-3)

2 forms are optional but are $1010 all together?? (Correct $1010 covers all I-485/I-131/I-765)

Keep in mind this is all about the I-485, EAD and AP are based on the I-485, so should either be filed with the I-485 in same envelope and sent to address specified by the I-485, (Chicago PO Box)

If you file for EAD and/or AP after filing the I-485, you have to wait for I-485 NOA1 letter to include a copy with the other petitions.