Is Anyone call GZ recently

I called GZ these two days, they let me listen to the music for 4~5 time times, each time lasted 3 minutes, after hearing" the operator will soon tlak to you", my line were cut off automaticlly, I am badly frustrated.

My case is even more worse, I sumbitted P3 11 month ago, my honey wrote, called DOS,GZ, even sometimes via congressman, the answer had neven been changed as: your name chcek hasn't been cleared, once...

Our ears are going to be deaf by hearing the repeated wrods for one year

The auto cut off's are a problem with all the government numbers. I think it is best to call about 7 minutes before the line is to open and hang on till someone anwers it. I will be trying tonight to find out if it workd with GZ.

PS welcome to candles.

Guest Charmhuang
I called GZ these two days, they let me listen to the music for 4~5 time times, each time lasted 3 minutes, after hearing" the operator will soon tlak to you", my line were cut off automaticlly, I am badly frustrated.

My case is even more worse, I sumbitted P3 11 month ago, my honey wrote, called DOS,GZ, even sometimes via congressman, the answer had neven been changed as: your name chcek hasn't been cleared, once...

Our ears are going to be deaf by hearing the repeated wrods for one year

Hi Sallyps,

I called this afternoon for long, but no success, just the answer machine whether I tried English or Chinese. It seemed impossible to put through.

What I want to call is to get a confirmed information I got on July 2 from Kathryn Cabral,Chief,Public Inquiries Division Visa Services who informed me that our name check has been finished. Days ago, my husband called DOS, but got "still pending" reply, and we wrote to Guangzhou, but no reply. Then I tried to call, never got through, oh, God! it is so frustrated, feeling so bad and disappointed.

How I wish things could be better for us all, but how could?

We are so weak...

:angry: :rolleyes: : <_<

I have been able to get through GZ's phoneline easily these 2 weeks. You do not have to wait till the whole recording message is finished, just keep pressing different numbers. I always choose english #1, then #2 for immigrant visa #2 for...and #3 for...and finally press #0. Just keeping dialing...

Sitting down for 2 hours and bearing the pain of redialing until you get through to a clerk at GZ will be greatly more effective then trying to contact Kathryn Cabral, or even DOS.

Remember GZ has your case in their hands. And if you call "enough" you can actually "move" your case. It happened to us. For me, the ratio of calling DOS to calling GZ was 1/20.

Remember that GZ has the final control in changing the flag in their database once a name check has cleared. Until GZ directly and officially "clears" a case from their end, will the clerks at DOS see it in DOS' computers.

A phone call is greatly more effective than an email, because imagine how many emails a clerk designated to read emails for a particular day has to go through. Even though they request the case number to be in the subject line, I bet that 95% of the time they don't actually look up your case number, because of the high volume of emails they receive. That's why there's a very high number of "templated" replies. However, if you get through and speak to a clerk over the phone, they actually pull up your case from their database and tell you the status. And I'm sure there's a button that they can push to change the status of your case. I was there looking through the windows when I was inside the Consulate during ACS hours and saw a clerk in front of a computer on the phone. I believe they have about 3-5 people handling calls during the inquiry hours.

Set aside 2 hours during 2:00-4:00pm GZ time, and dial persistently until you get through. Use a calling card that offers a rapid dial option so you don't have keep dialing the long number. It'll be worth it. Hang in there.