I751 do we need to go through the evidence crap?

Just wondering, my wife reads on 001 that you need to supply along with the 1-751 (Conditional green card to 10yr card) evidence of your relationship, now if this is the case this is clearly B.S.!! this evidence was submitted way back durring the K-1 phase, the adjustment of status stage do we need to do this all over again??? i was told by the officer back when she was at the AOS interview for the 2yr green card that all we needed to do was just file prior to 90 days is up on the 2yr card.

I read the instructions on the uscis site on filing this form and all they mention as for evidence is a copy front and back of the 2yr card, am I right or wrong?? do we need to proove our relationship again? if so this is crap! because we prooved it durring the last interview.

very confused on this issue.

Just wondering, my wife reads on 001 that you need to supply along with the 1-751 (Conditional green card to 10yr card) evidence of your relationship, now if this is the case this is clearly B.S.!! this evidence was submitted way back durring the K-1 phase, the adjustment of status stage do we need to do this all over again??? i was told by the officer back when she was at the AOS interview for the 2yr green card that all we needed to do was just file prior to 90 days is up on the 2yr card.

I read the instructions on the uscis site on filing this form and all they mention as for evidence is a copy front and back of the 2yr card, am I right or wrong?? do we need to proove our relationship again? if so this is crap! because we prooved it durring the last interview.

very confused on this issue.

You need evidence of a continuing relationship -- i.e. shared bank account, birth certificates of children born into the relationship, shared loans, shared memberships, tax returns, etc.

Here is a link for you to review:

I-751: Step-by-Step

I have to add my 2 cents here. I agree with the OP. The illegals don't have to prove any of this stuff. In fact, our politicians want to give them amnesty and driver's licenses. Yet, we who try to follow the law, have to prove over and over and over again that we have a legitimate relationship. :)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

I have to add my 2 cents here. I agree with the OP. The illegals don't have to prove any of this stuff. In fact, our politicians want to give them amnesty and driver's licenses. Yet, we who try to follow the law, have to prove over and over and over again that we have a legitimate relationship. :)

This very subject is something that I talked with my wife about and this is why we decided to go with the IR1 and if the visa came before our second anniversary then we would wait until after for her to come here. I could not bear the thought of having to prove anything further after what we have already been through. I wish you guys the best of luck. I am certain you will do fine. :D

The OP wasn't talking about illegals at all...so it's hardly relavant...

but I will ask:

- How does USCIS know 2 years later what the relationship is like?

- How else can there be a check and balance to what both USCIS and DOS has allowed in the issue of an immigrant visa?

I find this not just acceptable but a legitimate step... in fact, I almost feel they should do it after 4 years, not 2... Most anyone will wait out the 2 years for a GC.

Anyway, one supplies proof that the relationship IN THE US is ongoing and valid. I don't really think this is asking too much...

The OP wasn't talking about illegals at all...so it's hardly relavant...

but I will ask:

- How does USCIS know 2 years later what the relationship is like?

- How else can there be a check and balance to what both USCIS and DOS has allowed in the issue of an immigrant visa?

I find this not just acceptable but a legitimate step... in fact, I almost feel they should do it after 4 years, not 2... Most anyone will wait out the 2 years for a GC.

Anyway, one supplies proof that the relationship IN THE US is ongoing and valid. I don't really think this is asking too much...

Hi David and Happy New Year

I didn't mean to infer that the OP was talking about "illegals." I was, and was just trying to show the irony in this whole process. I would like to know how many feel that the immigration service deals a fair hand to everyone?

I won't argue with Ron or the OP that it's crap. But if you want to follow the path of least resistance, just provide the evidence. You've come this far by playing by their rules. Why jeopordize this next step in a long process because you don't like them? :lol:

It is best you just do what they want. It took us about 12 hours time over a few days to produce our I-751 submission. Not a big deal!

USCIS needs evidence of a bona fide marital relationship, they need solid proof that the marriage is not a sham only for the permanent green-card, this is why the 2 year card has conditions attached.

VJ FAQ:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-re...itions.html#7.8

VJ Guide.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Assembling the I-751 Package: Checklist

Forms and Documents (follow these assembly instructions. All supporting documents must be in English or be translated as noted here.):

1. Payment as required by USCIS. You should always verify the type of payments your Service Center accepts. If they accept personal checks, this is the preferred method as they can be tracked easily through most banks.

2. Cover Sheet (example here)

3. Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence (see example form)

4. Copy of the Green Card (Front and Back) for the person filing to remove conditions (and any K2 children)

5. Evidence of Bona fide Relationship (see below)

I have never mentioned this but during our interview (AOS)I mentioned something about photo copying the green card and was warned very clearly that it was against the law for me to make a photo copy . I think any employer would copy it for for their records . I just think it is a little odd :crazy: