Interview results for 2007

The interview results to year-end have been put into the Historical Timeline for all to see, including anything applicable for the blue slip tab (or if you prefer the menu with timelines):

CFL Historical Timeline (2006, 2007 YTD)

CFL Timeline with Menus

---

Here are the numbers for 2007 and 2006.. ironically the same (as of now) but the distributions change, and passing rates are basically down which may be indicative of more scrunity on visa:

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Visa_Rate_2007.jpg

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Visa_Rate_2006.jpg

The total (combined) rate of success is down for 2007, but that total is still above 80%.

Both the K-1¡¯s and the K-3¡¯s have drifted down since 2006, most likely as you have stated, due to increased scrutiny and also maybe a closer look at the bone fides of the relationship ??

Thanks David !!! <_<

The total (combined) rate of success is down for 2007, but that total is still above 80%.

Both the K-1¡¯s and the K-3¡¯s have drifted down since 2006, most likely as you have stated, due to increased scrutiny and also maybe a closer look at the bone fides of the relationship ??

Thanks David !!! :roller:

DITTO!! Thanks for all the stats, % are different, plus there are more numbers with the trend going upward! <_<

I have a question about the time for ir/1.

Toplaw and I submitted at almost the same time, our time in uscis was within days of each other, so I'll take those 2 data points and say uscis is about the same no matter what you are filing. (lee is i-129f, I am i-130).

toplaw spent less than 2 weeks at nvc as you would expect, I spent about 2 months, still only 6 weeks difference, and I have no p3 step.. so you'd think I might even get ahead.

nvc-p4 is almost identical across all via types.

p4 - iv is almost identical.

so WHY is the total time for ir/1 about 150 days more than k1/k3 ?

I don't see where the time is coming from.

Guest Rob & Jin

I think once the post may- 2007 filiers have completed their process the stats will change considerably, as its taken most of us 7 months just to hit the docks in China, i think 9.5 months is unlikey as a total time :) but thanks for your work David :)

I think once the post may- 2007 filiers have completed their process the stats will change considerably, as its taken most of us 7 months just to hit the docks in China, i think 9.5 months is unlikey as a total time :blink: but thanks for your work David :)

It's merely statistics that you or anyone can use and interpret as you wish. Like everyone here, we're hoping you can beat those stats, Rob. :)

Toplaw and I submitted at almost the same time, our time in uscis was within days of each other, so I'll take those 2 data points and say uscis is about the same no matter what you are filing. (lee is i-129f, I am i-130).

toplaw spent less than 2 weeks at nvc as you would expect, I spent about 2 months, still only 6 weeks difference, and I have no p3 step.. so you'd think I might even get ahead.

Look at where it's going to - you're about 150 days ahead of the curve.

edit: you've actually gained 160 days on toppy - he's 100 days behind David's averages, and you're 60 days ahead, if I'm understanding everything correctly.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Wow, David! Someone who loves Excel!

I was heartened by the fact that the DCF filing route appears to be both the quickest and to have the highest percentage of successes. Others are surely encouraged (or disheartened) by whatever statistics seem to apply to them.

What an incredible amount of good information!

The interview results to year-end have been put into the Historical Timeline for all to see, including anything applicable for the blue slip tab (or if you prefer the menu with timelines):

CFL Historical Timeline (2006, 2007 YTD)

CFL Timeline with Menus

---

Here are the numbers for 2007 and 2006.. ironically the same (as of now) but the distributions change, and passing rates are basically down which may be indicative of more scrunity on visa:

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Visa_Rate_2007.jpg

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Visa_Rate_2006.jpg

DZ, you can put me in CR1 stats when you get a chance.

Without having Toppy's timeline, I cannot make a comment about the specific comparison... not sure where Randy got his numbers.

----

Here are two graphs, and if I did them correctly, I want to show a comparison of the three US based visa types (K1, K3, CR1).

1. Relative percentage of the process steps. You can see that for CR1s, most of their time is at NVC and then USCIS; For Ks, it is between NVC-P4 (make sense since they have a P3 step in here), then USCIS.

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Visa_Comparison_Pct.jpg

2. Days for each of the steps. So, now comparing the days it takes for each step; CR1s take a little longer at USCIS and much longer at NVC... this is where their extra time occurs.

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Graphs/CFL_Visa_Comparison_Num.jpg

I know this is constantly changing, but could we pin this for future reference? I'd really like to be able to look back on this during the upcoming months. I think it would be very good for new people as well.

Thanks!

Happy New Year!

Without having Toppy's timeline, I cannot make a comment about the specific comparison... not sure where Randy got his numbers.

----

I didn't look at toppy's timeline either - I'm assuming that toppy lost 100 days somewhere between NOA1 and P3 since they are now at equivalent points after filing at the same time. credzba is 60 days ahead of your averages, so that would explain the 150/160 day total discrepancy when comparing these 2 cases w/the average.

Basically, individual cases can differ from the average by much more than +-100 days.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)