Consequences of getting caught bringing food back

From Rogerinca!!

Yes, this is very true; separate from the drug detecting K-9's, who have no difficulty in sniffing out most drugs, from luggage, and spare tires in vehicles; these FSB's are also very able !! I saw one of these Beagles in action, two years ago, when I returned from Mexico, via Phoenix, AZ airport.

Most people don't realize that in addition to the superior sensitivity of the nose, a K-9 is also capable of separating different odors, one from another. This is why the drug runners on the Interstates, who try and mask the drugs with other chemical smells, always fail !!!

While food is not in the same category as illegal drugs, from a criminal justice standpoint, there are some legitimate concerns from the argiculture community in the US, who do not want unwelcome pests to arrive via someones backpack or bag.

B) ;) :P :o :ph34r: :o :lol: :huh: :blink: :D :P :angry: :) :( :D

Yes do not want to bring something back you did not intend to!! That is why they take your temp on the HK bridge, do not want to bring back a bug in you or in your carry-on bag!!

Merry :)

i always walk by that guy trying not to show the guilty look, :sweating_buckets:

its the same feeling as when your in a store and you think someone thinks your steeling something and you get that guilt look written all over your face even if your completely innocent. :headbang:

Edited by izus (see edit history)

i always walk by that guy trying not to show the guilty look, B)

its the same feeling as when your in a store and you think someone thinks your steeling something and you get that guilt look written all over your face even if your completely innocent. :D

Jim tries to picture Bill looking innocent .... :ph34r:

;)

Usually the customs agent will confiscate any meat products, not sure about Yak meat. But i do know for a fact that Beef, Pork and Chicken are not allowed,dried or fresh..

Most commercially processed foods are allowed.Sauces,seasonings,candies, teas, etc. I do not know of any fines unless it would be flagrant violation. Usually they just take away from you.

Fresh Fruits are not allowed either.And plants.They are worried about citrus diseases.

The old rule applies: If in doubt, throw it out.

As far as alcohol from Beijing,you cannot take in carry on, but are allowed to put up to two liters in checked luggage.

Is funny there,50 meters past the checkpoint is duty-free.

I was told it was taken away so you would buy from duty-free at a higher price.

In Minneapolis i have never seen any fines levied, but have seen many things just taken and thrown.