Card Production ordered

We received the news late yesterday, our 10Y GC has been ordered into production. And just in time for Christmas.

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I thank all of my Candle family members who have supported us during our long hard journey. We are going to take a short break from all of this and celebrate Christmas and the New Year. Then what will we do? My wife has decided that.......................

It is not over yet. My wife has her eyes on the citizenship. She wants the application submitted before the test change deadline of October 1, 2008.

Thanks again,

Mike and Xiao

We received the news late yesterday, our 10Y GC has been ordered into production. And just in time for Christmas.

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I thank all of my Candle family members who have supported us during our long hard journey. We are going to take a short break from all of this and celebrate Christmas and the New Year. Then what will we do? My wife has decided that.......................

It is not over yet. My wife has her eyes on the citizenship. She wants the application submitted before the test change deadline of October 1, 2008.

Thanks again,

Mike and Xiao

Congratulations! It is a great feeling yes.

After you receive your 10 year green card I thought you had to wait one year to take citizen test if anyone knows can you verify the wait time if any. My wife would like to take hers next year if possible.

According to the N-400 instructions under "Who May File" step 2:

2. A lawful permanent resident for at least 3 years and at least 18 years old,

AND

You have been married to and living with the same US Citizen for the last 3 years,

AND

Your spouse has been an US Citizen for the last 3 years.

Time as a conditional permanent resident counts towards the 3 years. You can file up to 90 days before you meet the "continuous resident" requirement, so my wife can file as early as June '08. We are thinking for filing in August or September.

AND

You have been married to and living with the same US Citizen for the last 3 years,

AND

Time as a conditional permanent resident counts towards the 3 years. You can file up to 90 days before you meet the "continuous resident" requirement, so my wife can file as early as June '08. We are thinking for filing in August or September.

My wife received her conditional green card Dec.21, 2005 so she should be able to file on Oct.21, 2008.

Thanks! Good luck

So I believe she would have the option to take either test?

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

AND

AND

My wife received her conditional green card Dec.21, 2005 so she should be able to file on Oct.21, 2008.

Thanks! Good luck

So It looks like she will have to take the new test.

The new redesigned naturalization exam will take effect on October 1, 2008. After this date, all citizenship applicants must take the new test. Individuals that have submitted their citizenship application before October 1, 2008 but been scheduled to have the naturalization interview after October 1, 2008 can choose whether to take the current or redesigned naturalization exam. All applicants scheduled for the naturalization interview after October 1, 2009 must take the new test.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

AND

AND

Thanks! Good luck

So It looks like she will have to take the new test.

The new redesigned naturalization exam will take effect on October 1, 2008. After this date, all citizenship applicants must take the new test. Individuals that have submitted their citizenship application before October 1, 2008 but been scheduled to have the naturalization interview after October 1, 2008 can choose whether to take the current or redesigned naturalization exam. All applicants scheduled for the naturalization interview after October 1, 2009 must take the new test.

I missed calculated she should be able to file September 21, 2008 so she should be able to take either test.