my I-130 takes another trip

well first i mailed my i-130 petition to texas,it gets sent to california,now 2 1/2 months later,it takes another trip to a place called the chicago lockbox....what the hell is "Chicago lockbox"..... WTF......it sounds like something out of a sci fi movie...like "area 51''......boy,i tell you,this is unbelieveable.at this rate,i will be dead before my wife gets here.I seen this goverment at work,i once worked for them....it scares me,it really does......well it's late at night...i'm just ranting and raving.

well first i mailed my i-130 petition to texas,it gets sent to california,now 2 1/2 months later,it takes another trip to a place called the chicago lockbox....what the hell is "Chicago lockbox"..... WTF......it sounds like something out of a sci fi movie...like "area 51''......boy,i tell you,this is unbelieveable.at this rate,i will be dead before my wife gets here.I seen this goverment at work,i once worked for them....it scares me,it really does......well it's late at night...i'm just ranting and raving.

Rant and rave because it will help you blow off steam.

thanks Corbin

hey...have a safe trip...and a great time in China

thanks Corbin

hey...have a safe trip...and a great time in China

it looks like only I-130 from Vermont and California went to Chicago lock box. I am beginning to think that they have put all I-130 on hold and will do at later date. because by law they have to do workers visa in 90 days . must take care of big company and there cheap labor. Like you I am just ranting and raving is only thing to do. does any one know more about this

The Chicago lockbox address is where I sent AOS paperwork. We were K-1 however and I never filled out a I-130 the best I remember.

The price increase last July has the USCIS very busy due to the rash of submissions they received to beat the deadline. Maybe that is why the slow down

Hang in there. I'm sure it will be ok!

well first i mailed my i-130 petition to texas,it gets sent to california,now 2 1/2 months later,it takes another trip to a place called the chicago lockbox....what the hell is "Chicago lockbox"

That's strange. The Chicago lockbox is an administrative processing center where they accept filings, check that they are complete, and then forward them on to another entity for processing. I don't recall ever hearing about a document that is already at a Service Center going back through the lockbox.

Maybe with the changes to the spousal visas; how the I-130 is held once the I-129F is filed... they changed the routing of the I-130 through the lockbox now...

like i said the chicago lockbox is sounding as mysterious as "AREA 51"

who really knows

the truth is out there !!!

I spoke to USCIS,they said"i have no idea where your petition is.

how comforting those words are!!!!! :headbang:

Maybe with the changes to the spousal visas; how the I-130 is held once the I-129F is filed... they changed the routing of the I-130 through the lockbox now...

who really knows

how comforting those words are!!!!! :toot:

Did you send it with a letter confirmation stamp at the postal office?

Edited by Claire (see edit history)

I know your pain. When I filed my I130 I sent it to texas as it said to do. They in turn send it to Cali. Ok still no signature confirmation on it, according to USPS it still hasnt been delivered! CSC did recive as you can see, but I had a month of not knowing. I finally firgured out to check to see if my check had been cashed and it had by USCIS in Cali so that helped me feel a little better, NOA arrived 2 days later!

Hang in there, the process is slow and hellish but is worth it in the end.

who really knows

how comforting those words are!!!!! <_<

Did you send it with a letter confirmation stamp at the postal office?

yes claire,i sent it with confirmation,i did get the confirmation and signature that someone indeed did recieve it...but that was in Texas,since then it has been on a journey to California center,sat there for 8 weeks,now is in this lockbox place,and USCIS has no idea what has become of it,until someone opens up my packet and takes out the check.as of yet,this has not happened. :blink: