DVD Players

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this one but it's just an FYI thing. I finally found a region/code free DVD player to solve the issue of Mei being able to hear and see the discs that have made their way to Virginia. These units are easily found on Ebay and they are not at all expensive. The one I bought for Mei was under $75.00 There are other models available for a cheaper price so I have no idea why I picked the one I did. What I do know so far is that if any of you buy one make sure it is not only region/code free but that it will also support NTSC as well as PAL formats. I could tell you the brand name, exact seller, etc.... But I'm not here to seel anything for someone else. Besides, like I said there are several available on that website.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this one but it's just an FYI thing. I finally found a region/code free DVD player to solve the issue of Mei being able to hear and see the discs that have made their way to Virginia. These units are easily found on Ebay and they are not at all expensive. The one I bought for Mei was under $75.00 There are other models available for a cheaper price so I have no idea why I picked the one I did. What I do know so far is that if any of you buy one make sure it is not only region/code free but that it will also support NTSC as well as PAL formats. I could tell you the brand name, exact seller, etc.... But I'm not here to seel anything for someone else. Besides, like I said there are several available on that website.

There are a bunch of them on Ebay

Are they available at any retail stores, or only on Ebay?

Yes, any other options for one?? Next trip back plan on stocking up on DVD's before I leave!!!!!!! :xmastree: :D

Yes - do a Internet search for region free DVD. You will find players, and software which decode the DVD's. You can then burn your own region free DVD.

But, most of the Chinese DVD's are region free (Region 0) anyway

Yes, any other options for one?? Next trip back plan on stocking up on DVD's before I leave!!!!!!! :xmastree: :D

Yes - do a Internet search for region free DVD. You will find players, and software which decode the DVD's. You can then burn your own region free DVD.

But, most of the Chinese DVD's are region free (Region 0) anyway

Thanks............. :D

I looked at all of the major chain stores and couldn't find one with the region free capability. Yes, there are probably hundreds of them available on Ebay but they can readily be found doing a search on the internet. Bottom line is just to shop around and find one that has any extras you might want. Just be sure it will handle NTSC and PAL too. It's kinda like a lot of other things we all buy. We can spend as much as you want to but as long as it will handle the basics fancy prices don't make it any better.

I looked at all of the major chain stores and couldn't find one with the region free capability. Yes, there are probably hundreds of them available on Ebay but they can readily be found doing a search on the internet. Bottom line is just to shop around and find one that has any extras you might want. Just be sure it will handle NTSC and PAL too. It's kinda like a lot of other things we all buy. We can spend as much as you want to but as long as it will handle the basics fancy prices don't make it any better.

Many times you have to go online to the manufacturers website and check out all of the features. The big box stores aren't going to tell you that kind of things or at least not all of the features / abilities. :)

Many times you have to go online to the manufacturers website and check out all of the features. The big box stores aren't going to tell you that kind of things or at least not all of the features / abilities. :)

Corbin, check these guys out when in my favorite city!! :rolleyes:

http://giec.manufacturer.globalsources.com...32/Homepage.htm

I think you can still pretty much assume that any DVD player you buy in a store is NOT region free, and that they sell ONLY Region 1 encoded players here, just like they only sell Region 1 DVD's here. Tony's NWL is an exception since they are liquidators, assuming they still have them.

Most all of todays DVD's can be region free hacked.

In other words you can punch in a code into the remote and would be able to play any region.

We love Chinese movies, but most all of them are PAL (I think its region 6) I purchased a Phillips DVD player that plays anything i have stuck into the machine, it also includes a USB 2.0 which is nice if you have avi's on a flash drive you want to watch.

Edited by YuLong (see edit history)

Most all of todays DVD's can be region free hacked.

In other words you can punch in a code into the remote and would be able to play any region.

We love Chinese movies, but most all of them are PAL (I think its region 6) I purchased a Phillips DVD player that plays anything i have stuck into the machine, it also includes a USB 2.0 which is nice if you have avi's on a flash drive you want to watch.

lol that is the same site I have..