Singin the Blues!!!

rcbulk

First: congratulations for all those who received the coveted pink. We didn't fair as well. The interview started out ok. How did we meet then asked for the financials. Then he asked for our emails. In the early part of our relationship, I had a coworker translate my emails for me. We have a plant here in China, and the person I used worked for us as a translator. The VO wanted to know who this person was. My SO told him that the person was my co-worker. He did not like the answer and stopped the interview and gave her a blue slip. The translator now has to provide a letter explaining their involvement in our relationship! Not a big deal. Then he wants my tax returns from 2003 to 2005. He already has my returns from 2004 to 2006. Redundent? :Dah: I have to provide a evolution letter.(which my SO had with her but was not asked to produce) I also need another letter detailing my trips to China who arranged and who paid for them. And Last but not least I need to provide my exes address and ssn which was present but not asked for. None of these are that difficult to obtain. Obviously the VO thinks the translator set the whole relationship up. We have been together for almost three years.!However since I met my SO in another town and she did not meet the translator until six weeks later, It would be very difficult for the translator to achieve this feat. Our interview was the 14th and we have already scheduled our overcome interview for dec 17th at 2 pm. I could of had the second interview sooner if not for the taxes. Hopefully he will be in the Christmas spirit and I can get my SO home in time for Christmas. I felt really really sad when my SO asked if she would be home with me by Christmas. :P

First: congratulations for all those who received the coveted pink. We didn't fair as well. The interview started out ok. How did we meet then asked for the financials. Then he asked for our emails. In the early part of our relationship, I had a coworker translate my emails for me. We have a plant here in China, and the person I used worked for us as a translator. The VO wanted to know who this person was. My SO told him that the person was my co-worker. He did not like the answer and stopped the interview and gave her a blue slip. The translator now has to provide a letter explaining their involvement in our relationship! Not a big deal. Then he wants my tax returns from 2003 to 2005. He already has my returns from 2004 to 2006. Redundent? <_< I have to provide a evolution letter.(which my SO had with her but was not asked to produce) I also need another letter detailing my trips to China who arranged and who paid for them. And Last but not least I need to provide my exes address and ssn which was present but not asked for. None of these are that difficult to obtain. Obviously the VO thinks the translator set the whole relationship up. We have been together for almost three years.!However since I met my SO in another town and she did not meet the translator until six weeks later, It would be very difficult for the translator to achieve this feat. Our interview was the 14th and we have already scheduled our overcome interview for dec 17th at 2 pm. I could of had the second interview sooner if not for the taxes. Hopefully he will be in the Christmas spirit and I can get my SO home in time for Christmas. I felt really really sad when my SO asked if she would be home with me by Christmas. :(

It seems that once a VO gets "blue slip" on the brain, that everything else is blocked out, and all he is thinking is what hoops he can give you to jump through. I have no idea why he wouldn't spend even a couple of minutes to try and understand the situation.

A shame it happened to you, but, like others have said, it should be an easy overcome.

Good luck

First: congratulations for all those who received the coveted pink. We didn't fair as well. The interview started out ok. How did we meet then asked for the financials. Then he asked for our emails. In the early part of our relationship, I had a coworker translate my emails for me. We have a plant here in China, and the person I used worked for us as a translator. The VO wanted to know who this person was. My SO told him that the person was my co-worker. He did not like the answer and stopped the interview and gave her a blue slip. The translator now has to provide a letter explaining their involvement in our relationship! Not a big deal. Then he wants my tax returns from 2003 to 2005. He already has my returns from 2004 to 2006. Redundent? <_< I have to provide a evolution letter.(which my SO had with her but was not asked to produce) I also need another letter detailing my trips to China who arranged and who paid for them. And Last but not least I need to provide my exes address and ssn which was present but not asked for. None of these are that difficult to obtain. Obviously the VO thinks the translator set the whole relationship up. We have been together for almost three years.!However since I met my SO in another town and she did not meet the translator until six weeks later, It would be very difficult for the translator to achieve this feat. Our interview was the 14th and we have already scheduled our overcome interview for dec 17th at 2 pm. I could of had the second interview sooner if not for the taxes. Hopefully he will be in the Christmas spirit and I can get my SO home in time for Christmas. I felt really really sad when my SO asked if she would be home with me by Christmas. :(

It seems that once a VO gets "blue slip" on the brain, that everything else is blocked out, and all he is thinking is what hoops he can give you to jump through. I have no idea why he wouldn't spend even a couple of minutes to try and understand the situation.

A shame it happened to you, but, like others have said, it should be an easy overcome.

Good luck

My feelings exactly Randy. It's as if they say to themselves "Oh boy I have a chance to stick it to them...hahahaha". It's always guilty until proven innocent in the land of GZ.

Good luck to you rcbulk. You will get your pink. Looks easy enough.

Keep the faith rcbulk and whatever you do , don't give up. Whatever evidence the VO officer asked for make sure you prepare that as soon as possible. Explain the situation to your translator and let him know how important and dire it is for you to obtain the requested information from him. Let him know how important it is and make sure whatever he gives you is notarized. Make sure you are able to compile all the information as soon possible.

A helpful hint to those who don't know. Transcripts from your IRS income taxes can always be requested and received same day via fax. The petitioner can always have IRS income tax & W2's faxed or to someone close to you and then scanned so you if you are in China or your fiancee needs them faster, she can print them out. :lol:

Good luck and best wishes rcbulk!

First: congratulations for all those who received the coveted pink. We didn't fair as well. The interview started out ok. How did we meet then asked for the financials. Then he asked for our emails. In the early part of our relationship, I had a coworker translate my emails for me. We have a plant here in China, and the person I used worked for us as a translator. The VO wanted to know who this person was. My SO told him that the person was my co-worker. He did not like the answer and stopped the interview and gave her a blue slip. The translator now has to provide a letter explaining their involvement in our relationship! Not a big deal. Then he wants my tax returns from 2003 to 2005. He already has my returns from 2004 to 2006. Redundent? :( I have to provide a evolution letter.(which my SO had with her but was not asked to produce) I also need another letter detailing my trips to China who arranged and who paid for them. And Last but not least I need to provide my exes address and ssn which was present but not asked for. None of these are that difficult to obtain. Obviously the VO thinks the translator set the whole relationship up. We have been together for almost three years.!However since I met my SO in another town and she did not meet the translator until six weeks later, It would be very difficult for the translator to achieve this feat. Our interview was the 14th and we have already scheduled our overcome interview for dec 17th at 2 pm. I could of had the second interview sooner if not for the taxes. Hopefully he will be in the Christmas spirit and I can get my SO home in time for Christmas. I felt really really sad when my SO asked if she would be home with me by Christmas. :)

I know you'll be fine but sorry you and your gal have to go through this. I know you'll have her here by the holidays. My "plan B" (in case of blue) was to atleast have a Christmas tree in the house, and we pretend it is Christmas eve when she arrives, and we decorate the tree and listen to holiday music. It's just a "date" that can be celebrated anytime you two can... Good luck and please keep us posted. : )

Good luck

Another fine example of what I mean by the term "Government Drone"

First: congratulations for all those who received the coveted pink. We didn't fair as well. The interview started out ok. How did we meet then asked for the financials. Then he asked for our emails. In the early part of our relationship, I had a coworker translate my emails for me. We have a plant here in China, and the person I used worked for us as a translator. The VO wanted to know who this person was. My SO told him that the person was my co-worker. He did not like the answer and stopped the interview and gave her a blue slip. The translator now has to provide a letter explaining their involvement in our relationship! Not a big deal. Then he wants my tax returns from 2003 to 2005. He already has my returns from 2004 to 2006. Redundent? :rotfl: I have to provide a evolution letter.(which my SO had with her but was not asked to produce) I also need another letter detailing my trips to China who arranged and who paid for them. And Last but not least I need to provide my exes address and ssn which was present but not asked for. None of these are that difficult to obtain. Obviously the VO thinks the translator set the whole relationship up. We have been together for almost three years.!However since I met my SO in another town and she did not meet the translator until six weeks later, It would be very difficult for the translator to achieve this feat. Our interview was the 14th and we have already scheduled our overcome interview for dec 17th at 2 pm. I could of had the second interview sooner if not for the taxes. Hopefully he will be in the Christmas spirit and I can get my SO home in time for Christmas. I felt really really sad when my SO asked if she would be home with me by Christmas. :lol:

Good luck

After reading this and several other posts, it does seem that by the time you get to GZU they have made up there minds it seems?? ;)

First: congratulations for all those who received the coveted pink. We didn't fair as well. The interview started out ok. How did we meet then asked for the financials. Then he asked for our emails. In the early part of our relationship, I had a coworker translate my emails for me. We have a plant here in China, and the person I used worked for us as a translator. The VO wanted to know who this person was. My SO told him that the person was my co-worker. He did not like the answer and stopped the interview and gave her a blue slip. The translator now has to provide a letter explaining their involvement in our relationship! Not a big deal. Then he wants my tax returns from 2003 to 2005. He already has my returns from 2004 to 2006. Redundent? :rotfl: I have to provide a evolution letter.(which my SO had with her but was not asked to produce) I also need another letter detailing my trips to China who arranged and who paid for them. And Last but not least I need to provide my exes address and ssn which was present but not asked for. None of these are that difficult to obtain. Obviously the VO thinks the translator set the whole relationship up. We have been together for almost three years.!However since I met my SO in another town and she did not meet the translator until six weeks later, It would be very difficult for the translator to achieve this feat. Our interview was the 14th and we have already scheduled our overcome interview for dec 17th at 2 pm. I could of had the second interview sooner if not for the taxes. Hopefully he will be in the Christmas spirit and I can get my SO home in time for Christmas. I felt really really sad when my SO asked if she would be home with me by Christmas. :lol:

Good luck

After reading this and several other posts, it does seem that by the time you get to GZU they have made up there minds it seems?? ;)

For the most part yes. The initial application is the first thing they see. From that they are "profiled." This is where the additional wait begins. If their concerns can't be answered to their satisfaction then they will choose to investigate further.