Best place to get PassPort Style photos?

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. Where is the best place to get Passport style photos in the USA? Can post office do it or should i go somewhere else?

Thanks,

Vinny

You can actually "DIY" do - it - yourself if you have a good camera, good phot printer and following the US guidelines for picture size and posing.... :rolleyes:

Wal-mart can do them or any pharmacy like CVS that can make and print photos.

CVS here in Ga. costs $7 for 4 pictures. The Post office will do it also, they did when I got my passport.

Walgreen's does it for $7.99 for two photos, and they do it while you wait, and shop of course! :rolleyes:

If you are a AAA plus member, you can get them free at AAA office.

I have done all my own. I use my camera and photoshop elements to print the photos. I have done the ones for my visas to china and korea. Plus, i did Ping's for the I129f filing. The more recent ones, we could not get together, so she had a shop in her town do them. I use photo paper in my canon printer.

Edited by Don (see edit history)

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. Where is the best place to get Passport style photos in the USA? Can post office do it or should i go somewhere else?

Thanks,

Vinny

I used the UPS store and they were a fair price.

Did you shave before that pic C??? :roller: :george:

I'm actually applying for Chinese Visa here. I was told it can not be digital. Must be white background, Glossy. So you say I can still do it digitally?

I did my own pictures digitally and had no problems, you need to use a good Photo printer, NOT and ink-jet printer, but a thermal one.

I'm actually applying for Chinese Visa here. I was told it can not be digital. Must be white background, Glossy. So you say I can still do it digitally?

I did my own pictures digitally and had no problems, you need to use a good Photo printer, NOT and ink-jet printer, but a thermal one.

Since Walgreens is certified to do passport style photos then I think that a good quality ink jet printer will suffice. The photos they produced were of the same quality. They use a hand held digital camera and put you in front of a white screen. Then they size and place the picture according to the specs and then send it to print. I had to make them take it over as the person taking the picture moved the camera. Judging from what I saw Walgreens doing, then we should be able to do this at our home if we have the right tools and a good eye :lol: