The Results Are In....

:( YEA!!! :o

Let me be the first to congragulate....US!!!

Yes, the results are in. Another CFL'er has acheived the coveted "PINK" and oh what a feeling of relief it is!!!

In the wrong line, as we were directed by an "employee" in place number 5 when we realized we were in the wrong line at the last minute. Repositioned in the proper line to pull up the rear. Not the start to our day as we had hoped.

In at 7:45 and out she comes at 10:10 with the "PINK" in hand.

I joined with two other Americans who were there on a CR1. Both working in Beijing. The first wife arrives with the "PINK", soon to be followed by Wen Li with hers! Waited about one more hour to share the happiness or sadness with the last at our table to be elated when all three of us acheived what we all here are seeking.

Wishing to enjoy this day with my baby I will make this short.

Only three questions:

1. What does your fiance do for a living?

2. How did you meet?

3. How many times did your fiance visit?

Well prepared, as you all know with the "kitchen sink", he only looked at the photos. Did not even look at any of our saved emails, letters, phone records, travel documents, evolution of relationship, timeline or any of the other papers that I spent hours and hours preparing and saving over the last 17 months.

Took our hospital papers, my I-134 and viewed swiftly my IRS transcripts and W-2s.

The entire interview was in English. My baby was so proud! Little does she know how much more proud I am of her!

Off now to buy our airline tickets. Will arrive on Thanksgiving Day.

Best of luck to you all and of course, Michael and Fang!!! Dinner is on us Friday eve. Mr. Yang knows where to find us.

Clayton & Wen Li....FOREVER MORE!!!! Let our life together now begin!

Congratulations, Clayton!!! I'm so happy for you two! :)

I see by your timeline that Wen Li will be arriving 11-22-07. My wife arrived 11-22-03. Isn't that a coincidence!, WoW!..... :lol:

I wish you two the best! Take care, my friend!

:angry: YEA!!! :lol:

Let me be the first to congragulate....US!!!

Yes, the results are in. Another CFL'er has acheived the coveted "PINK" and oh what a feeling of relief it is!!!

In the wrong line, as we were directed by an "employee" in place number 5 when we realized we were in the wrong line at the last minute. Repositioned in the proper line to pull up the rear. Not the start to our day as we had hoped.

In at 7:45 and out she comes at 10:10 with the "PINK" in hand.

I joined with two other Americans who were there on a CR1. Both working in Beijing. The first wife arrives with the "PINK", soon to be followed by Wen Li with hers! Waited about one more hour to share the happiness or sadness with the last at our table to be elated when all three of us acheived what we all here are seeking.

Wishing to enjoy this day with my baby I will make this short.

Only three questions:

1. What does your fiance do for a living?

2. How did you meet?

3. How many times did your fiance visit?

Well prepared, as you all know with the "kitchen sink", he only looked at the photos. Did not even look at any of our saved emails, letters, phone records, travel documents, evolution of relationship, timeline or any of the other papers that I spent hours and hours preparing and saving over the last 17 months.

Took our hospital papers, my I-134 and viewed swiftly my IRS transcripts and W-2s.

The entire interview was in English. My baby was so proud! Little does she know how much more proud I am of her!

Off now to buy our airline tickets. Will arrive on Thanksgiving Day.

Best of luck to you all and of course, Michael and Fang!!! Dinner is on us Friday eve. Mr. Yang knows where to find us.

Clayton & Wen Li....FOREVER MORE!!!! Let our life together now begin!

Way to go!!!! Congratulations to the both of you.......CFL wins again.....I'm so happy for the both of you, having followed your case. Best wishes for a safe trip home to the US!!!

Steve

Congratulations Clayton!!!! Best wishes to your lao po and you and your future life that awaits you once you return !!! Good luck and best wishes,

Qiao Zhi :)

Thanks so much from everyone here.

We couldn't be happier and we will hope all who are behind us in this quest for the "PINK" will do as we have and as for tsap and Chilton, our hopes for your dreams are soon to be answered. We will follow your posts with anticipation of wonderful news.

Last night over a simple dinner Wen Li relived the entire interview and I sat and listened with delight. The worries were gone, we were both relaxed, laughed and smiled...all was well.

She did recall it was a total of 4 questions. The final questioned asked was:

4. When did you first meet face to face?

Her VO was a tall, white and handsome man. Very friendly and smiled throughout the interview....all five minutes of it anyway.

We did view many a blue slip, but the majority were "PINK."

Hope some of what we posted is helpful to all.

Clayton & Wen Li

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

CONGRATULATIONS CLAYTON AND WEN LI!! :blink: :( :blink: :lol:

Sorry I'm just getting to your great news. Haven't been on the computer since Wednesday. Christine and I are very happy for you two. We knew Wen Li would sail through. :P

I'm sure like me you were a little disappointed that the VO didn't look at more stuff after all the work you put into it. :P But I guess that's really the point of being so prepared. That the VO won't have any reason to question anything and just give the obviously bona fide cases the pink with little hassle.

I'm glad your Thanksgiving will be truly happy this year. :blink:

Congrats again.

Dave and Christine.

• 2 weeks later...

Clayton, Congratulations !!!! :cheering:

I am sorry this is a little late; however, I just got back Friday night after the month of November with Lao Po and little computer access along the way. In fact, I had your interview date marked on my calendar and I planed to 'hang' with you again in the coffee shop that morning, but our flight on the 15th from Shanghai was very late and we did not get into Baiyun airport until after 12:00 noon.

I am not surprised that your interview went very well and was comparatively easy.

Having been in law enforcement for over 33 years, I am a quick study of people. After meeting and visiting with you at the ACH, when we both were in GZ in September, I just knew in my heart that you and Wen Li would do well. You are a very nice and very sincere individual Clayton.

Best wishes to you and your lovely wife on your new life together. :cheering:

Roger and Hongxia

Roger,

Thanks so much for your response and PM.

Although I am happy to see you back in the saddle here on CFL, I know you would prefer to be busy with your loved one....as I have been!!!

It would have been a pleasure to meet you once again half way around the world. Thanks for being there the day we made CFL history for 7 CLF'ers at ACH on the same day.

Your words that day and when I returned to CFL after that trip were a huge confidence builder for myself as are your words to many others here.

Your support here for all of us will bring you all that you seek so very soon. What goes around, comes around.

I wish you and your wife the very, very best and once again thank you for your kind words.

I will be following your posts.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)