Drinking hot water

My dear wife never ceases to amaze me. I think it is her sole intention to change me into a china man. First she lured me into her charm and fast went to work. She tells me what to eat, my house is full of tea and herbs, I am now an co owner with her on a house in china. I also have a chinese name that is notarized with the chinese government.

Now here comes the hard part. She wants me to quit drinking cold water and only drink hot water. :D Does anyone share similar circumstances? :wub:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think it was nonsense until recently I read an article (please don't ask me where I have the memory of a gnat) that said drinking warm water is indeed better for you. A few thousand year of Chinese medicine should stand the test of time.

I used to think it was nonsense until recently I read an article (please don't ask me where I have the memory of a gnat) that said drinking warm water is indeed better for you. A few thousand year of Chinese medicine should stand the test of time.

Do you happen to remember why it was good for you?

Do you happen to remember why it was good for you?

All my life I drank cold water and I'm still alive and kicking. It's just another cultural difference between people from the west and people from the east. My wife is the same. She only drinks warm water and had been doing that all her life.

What kind of medicinal worth can be involved in drinking water either way? It's only "H2O"! Water out of a river isn't hot. Who cares if you're dying of thirst... :lol:

There are two things I have read before regarding hot water. First hot water, rather than cold, warms the liver and gallbladder. Allows the liver and gallbladder to do their job better. Cold water has the opposite effect, slows everything down.

Boiled water, before it becomes cool, is ionized. The ionized water when ingested helps remove impurities in your body. There is a detailed reason behind this but I can't remember why.

If your ladies are taking care of you in this way, they really do care about your health. What a sincere form of love.

Timb

There are two things I have read before regarding hot water. First hot water, rather than cold, warms the liver and gallbladder. Allows the liver and gallbladder to do their job better. Cold water has the opposite effect, slows everything down.

Boiled water, before it becomes cool, is ionized. The ionized water when ingested helps remove impurities in your body. There is a detailed reason behind this but I can't remember why.

If your ladies are taking care of you in this way, they really do care about your health. What a sincere form of love.

Timb

Yes, every time there when it was hotter then heck she had me drinking "hot" water!! Also, try to find cold water or ice cubes in China!! :lol:

I came down with a nasty cold last Saturday. Leiqin had many remedies, among them were eating tomatoes early at the onset of a cold and eating fresh mango's to ease a sore throat.

Truth or fiction really didn't matter, it was and is her loving motherly care that gives the healing touch. I suspect that tomatoes are one of many luxury foods for persons her age growing up and much folklore as to healing qualities of different fruits and vegetables results.

As far as hot water, many Chinese (and most Asians) will not drink anything cold. They feel that it inhibits the digestion and that drinking anything cold can lead to many health problems.

I heard this recently. The study seemed to say it was bad to have cold drinks with hot meals. The reason was the fats it the hot food were solidified by the cold drink. This caused anything from slower digestion to no digestion at all of the important nutrients. Now with meals I drink coffee or tea.

My wife does tell me that hot water is much better for the body. While I was just in China I came down with a nasty cold myself and it is still lingering so she is on me to drink hot water. I drink plenty of green tea along with 3 other teas that she gave me to drink but she still says I need to drink plenty of hot water alone. I agree with Carl in saying thousands of years of Chinese medicine speaks for itself. But one of the differences in the Chinese and myself is that my body will not tolerate any salt. The Chinese eat salt like there is no tomorrow. My blood pressure became elevated while I was there because we stayed in hotels and had to eat out all the time. Of course this is driving her nuts as well.

Dennis that's funny you say loving motherly care as I have been calling my wife "mommy." She says USA man stupid needs mommy :rolleyes:

Right now I am settling for drinking room temp water. C4Racer it makes sense the cold water will solidify fats easier. My wife will not let me drink anything at all during meals and a little time before and after meals.

Bottom line as timb says, my wife does love me in this way and I am very fortunate but I am not certain that I want to become a full fledged China man!!!! :wub:

It seems I recall that we have a member on here that downed a glass of cold water after eating a meal and had a heart attack. Does anyone here remember that?

Lao Po always gave me looks of disapproval when I gulped ice-cold water, but ice-cold beer on the other hand, she can down with ease.

:rolleyes: My wife doesn't drink beer but she knows I like an occasional one so she will not object to buying one for me. The day I left China to come home she bought me an ice cold water. She does not like me drinking this but she knew I had been 10 days without any so she did this to please me. How did we get so lucky, Yimi??? :wub:

My wife and daughter also drank room temperature or even hot water in China and didn't drink much, if at all, with meals.

Now that they are in California they often drink water with ice in the summer. They keep their bottled water in the fridge and drink it cold even in the cooler seasons. They also drink water, and even cold soda, with meals.

When last I checked they were still alive and apparently healthy.

My wife and daughter also drank room temperature or even hot water in China and didn't drink much, if at all, with meals.

Now that they are in California they often drink water with ice in the summer. They keep their bottled water in the fridge and drink it cold even in the cooler seasons. They also drink water, and even cold soda, with meals.

When last I checked they were still alive and apparently healthy.

Now that's what I am talking about. Perhaps when or if my wife gets to come to the USA only then will she begin to understand that cold water is not so bad after all. :lol:

I can't bring myself to drink hot water. Don't like tea or coffee. Out of politeness, I did drink some hot tea in China when we visited Christine's relatives. It was all I could do to get it down. After about the first 5 days of me ordering Sprite and ice cubes at every restaurant we ate at, I noticed there was suddenly Sprite at all the relatives houses. :rolleyes: I love this woman! :ranting:

Now that she's here, Christine's drinks are almost exclusively hot. I've seen her drink cold pop twice. And she had a coffee float with ice cream once. She also wants no part of cold drinks during the MC time.

On my first trip to China and meeting one of the lil' rabbit's older brothers he was very proud to show me that he had some Tang. I smiled to him and he graciously fixed me a glass. I probably hadn't had Tang in 45 or more years and when I took a quick drink...Golly Bob Howdy, it was boiling HOT!! OH DANG, HOT TANG...my taste buds scream in protest.

I don't know about "medicinal" purposes for hot water, but the hot Tang made me feel like a 6 year old astronaut...again.

tsap seui