Blue slip questions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe yet another visit might help; and to visit ACH, which I rarely advise but I think it's well worth it here...

David,

If I understand your words above, you normally don't advise attending ACH. Why do you believe that ACH is normally not a good idea?

I ask this because it helped me out immensely, and maybe there is something I am missing about ACH.

ILS

I Understand that you say it helped YOU... I think it is mostly a "feel-good" experience for the USC more than anything else... but the USC doesn't interview.. and I don't know if it truly does anything much to ones case (they make a note you were there) nor prepare the SO anymore... if it gives her a shot of confidence to see this step, then that's good.

SO, I just don't see a 'general need' to be at ACH... historically, it doesn't seem to matter that much; too many people pass without a visit to prove this.

I wouldn't put much stock into it as if it were going to alter someones chances that much, although I think that there are certain cases that might warrant it.

So, it's not that I believe it is "not a good idea".. just not necessary in all cases... therefore, I don't advise it till I see the need...

This is so eerily familiar. My wife also saw a young Black American male. He wrote: "We need a bit more clarity of the relation because the timing is not clear." Almost the exact same words. I hope she does not get another blue slip. I hand wrote the statement he requested ("Please have your husband hand write a statement of your first meeting.") and we await the overcome. Please, please no more blue slips.

I feel for you!!!!!! We shall overcome!

Maybe yet another visit might help; and to visit ACH, which I rarely advise but I think it's well worth it here...

David,

If I understand your words above, you normally don't advise attending ACH. Why do you believe that ACH is normally not a good idea?

I ask this because it helped me out immensely, and maybe there is something I am missing about ACH.

ILS

I Understand that you say it helped YOU... I think it is mostly a "feel-good" experience for the USC more than anything else... but the USC doesn't interview.. and I don't know if it truly does anything much to ones case (they make a note you were there) nor prepare the SO anymore... if it gives her a shot of confidence to see this step, then that's good.

SO, I just don't see a 'general need' to be at ACH... historically, it doesn't seem to matter that much; too many people pass without a visit to prove this.

I wouldn't put much stock into it as if it were going to alter someones chances that much, although I think that there are certain cases that might warrant it.

So, it's not that I believe it is "not a good idea".. just not necessary in all cases... therefore, I don't advise it till I see the need...

This is so eerily familiar. My wife also saw a young Black American male. He wrote: "We need a bit more clarity of the relation because the timing is not clear." Almost the exact same words. I hope she does not get another blue slip. I hand wrote the statement he requested ("Please have your husband hand write a statement of your first meeting.") and we await the overcome. Please, please no more blue slips.

I feel for you!!!!!! We shall overcome!

Another comment: I returned to the Consulate the following day (a Thursday) to try to find out what to expect and when, now that we had received a blue slip. I spoke to a Vice Consul in American Services who told me he could not answer questions and did not work in the visa section. He strongly encouraged me to return the following Monday at 2:30pm. Although specific visa cases could not be addressed (he told me), if I made a good impression and they felt everything was bonafide, it could not hurt and perhaps a positive notation would be made to my wife's case file. Unfortunately, we had no intention of remaining in Guangzhou another 4 days, nor taking the 12-hour (r/t) bus ride back to Guangzhou... just in case I might make a good impression and a positive notation be made in her case file. In your case, MaryAnn, I see absolutely no downside to Larry going and asking questions. Our case is different as we are going for a K3, have been married over a year, I have traveled to be with my wife 6 times in the past 14 months, and we have purchased an apartment together in China. But the overcome requirements are almost the same. Clarity of the relationship and timing issues. My wife Shaofang and I will be thinking of you on December 10. The best of luck to you both!

Thank you for your kind wish, Jim! You are such a nice person!

David, it seems we met the same VO and same trouble. Guess you or your wife maybe just divorced, then you two got married, right? Suggest you write a clear and simple letter. Larry wrote 7 pages letter, but the VO even didn't read it at all! He gave me another blue slip asking One Page time line of our relationship. By the way, when did your wife have interview? Recently?

Good luck ! We will overcome!

Maryann

Thank you for your kind wish, Jim! You are such a nice person!

David, it seems we met the same VO and same trouble. Guess you or your wife maybe just divorced, then you two got married, right? Suggest you write a clear and simple letter. Larry wrote 7 pages letter, but the VO even didn't read it at all! He gave me another blue slip asking One Page time line of our relationship. By the way, when did your wife have interview? Recently?

Good luck ! We will overcome!

Maryann

David,

Just now, I read your post and now I know it is Not due to your previous marriage. But your case is quite simple. Don't worry, it will be an easy overcome. Easier than my case.