Blue slip questions

Maybe yet another visit might help; and to visit ACH, which I rarely advise but I think it's well worth it here...

David,

If I understand your words above, you normally don't advise attending ACH. Why do you believe that ACH is normally not a good idea?

I ask this because it helped me out immensely, and maybe there is something I am missing about ACH.

ILS

I Understand that you say it helped YOU... I think it is mostly a "feel-good" experience for the USC more than anything else... but the USC doesn't interview.. and I don't know if it truly does anything much to ones case (they make a note you were there) nor prepare the SO anymore... if it gives her a shot of confidence to see this step, then that's good.

SO, I just don't see a 'general need' to be at ACH... historically, it doesn't seem to matter that much; too many people pass without a visit to prove this.

I wouldn't put much stock into it as if it were going to alter someones chances that much, although I think that there are certain cases that might warrant it.

So, it's not that I believe it is "not a good idea".. just not necessary in all cases... therefore, I don't advise it till I see the need...

After Ping and my problems with her visa, the ACH was the only way to learn real information and to know what was going on inside the consulate. They have no email or phone that is answered. Our email enquires were never responded to. The Fax request for info took over 3 weeks to get info. ACH is the only method to communicate in a short amount of time with the visa office. Since i was there and went to ACH the VO went and found the original interview VO. The ACH VO got the fingerprint data and gave it to the interview VO. The interview VO looked at it while i waited, since I was there. The interview VO than called me to window and discussed his look at the case and aproved it while i was there. If i did not go to ACH, all of this might have taken another week. While Ping is just waiting in GUZ with no word and no way to find out anything. ACH is very helpful if need to know something.

Edited by Don (see edit history)
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Ping and my problems with her visa, the ACH was the only way to learn real information and to know what was going on inside the consulate. They have no email or phone that is answered. Our email enquires were never responded to. The Fax request for info took over 3 weeks to get info. ACH is the only method to communicate in a short amount of time with the visa office. Since i was there and went to ACH the VO went and found the original interview VO. The ACH VO got the fingerprint data and gave it to the interview VO. The interview VO looked at it while i waited, since I was there. The interview VO than called me to window and discussed his look at the case and aproved it while i was there. If i did not go to ACH, all of this might have taken another week. While Ping is just waiting in GUZ with no word and no way to find out anything. ACH is very helpful if need to know something.

That's excellent, and a very resourceful use of the ACH. Everyone should be aware of the potential benefit.

However, Joe Blow who has his interview next week may prefer to spend the time with his SO to prepare for the interview, or the travel time may be prohibitive. Joe need not feel like he's putting a crimp in his case by not attending.

Basically, consider your circumstances, consider everyone who has gone before you (some of whom made it to the ACH, others didn't), and what it does to your travel plans, and make your own decision about whether you should go or not. If you're there at the right time, by all means, go, otherwise, don't feel like you've missed out on something.

David, Randy and Don are all right. (No I'm not running for anything) :)

If you have a question that you need answered at ACH, then by all means go. Otherwise I also think it's a security blanket type of thing. It makes some people feel better about their case to go. That's great.

In our case, we were very prepared and I really didn't have any questions to ask. But I made plans to be there the Monday before the interview and ask some general questions and get my appearance noted in our case file like so many others have done. Only one problem, I'd neglected to check the calender close enough until I got to China. Only then did I realize that Colombus Day fell on the Monday I had planned to go. Oops. :angry:

No worries. Our interview was a snap. Less than five minutes. As David said, there are so many instances of members and non-members getting visas without attending ACH that there really can't be much of a correlation.

If someone is unsure about any aspect of their case, then it may be useful to go to ACH and get their questions answered if they can. But, if you're confident and prepared, do like Randy said and spend the time with your SO instead.

Yes, the time seemed really complicated. But it is truth, I have no choice. I am just honest. I think someone who intend to cheat will not make their time sounds so sensitive, right?

Larry 's income is over 100,000 per year. He is too busy with his work. He has no time and no necessary to do such unseemly thing, such as to be hired by someone for my visa. VO asked for his IRS certified tax returns. We even succeed in having IRS post his three years of tax returns directly to Guangzhou Consulate from IRS.

I really don't know what I should do now....

Guest Rob & Jin

I think it depends on each single case, some are complicated so it may well help. I however dont think we should make it seem like an CFL or GUZ expectation or a way to improve your chances of gettting pink, its too case dependant. IMHO

I'm Larry's fiancee. Larry has been to China to be with me for twice and each time 2 weeks. The 2nd time he came here, my parents held a big engagement party for us, inviting over 110 guests to attend. they are my relatives, my parents' colleagues and friends. If I or someone, is hiring Larry to sponsor me and it was a fraudulent relationship, my parents wouldn't hold the big party for us. Nobody will make such a silly joke with their reputation.

Definitely, Larry will come to Guangzhou attending ACH. We hope he could have chance to see the interviewing VO and explain to VO directly, if possible...

Yes, the time seemed really complicated. But it is truth, I have no choice. I am just honest. I think someone who intend to cheat will not make their time sounds so sensitive, right?

Larry 's income is over 100,000 per year. He is too busy with his work. He has no time and no necessary to do such unseemly thing, such as to be hired by someone for my visa. VO asked for his IRS certified tax returns. We even succeed in having IRS post his three years of tax returns directly to Guangzhou Consulate from IRS.

Wow! Now that you mention this and I'm sure you included photos of the engagement party, I don't see how the combination of these items and the time line could create an impression of visa fraud.

Is there a possibility of "Third Party Correspondence"? It TPC is received by the consulate from virtually anyone it is investigated, which can cause long delays.

Wow! Now that you mention this and I'm sure you included photos of the engagement party, I don't see how the combination of these items and the time line could create an impression of visa fraud.

Is there a possibility of "Third Party Correspondence"? It TPC is received by the consulate from virtually anyone it is investigated, which can cause long delays.

The consulate asking for 3 years of taxes directly from the IRS is IMO an attempt to remove doubts with "two-way fraud" (where both are in on it); They should be satisfied he has money based on his work...

That they now want more on the events surrounding their relationship is why I mention the "one-way fraud" (only one side is doing something wrong)... so I still think this is their issue they are trying to remove doubt on.

I'm Larry's fiancee. Larry has been to China to be with me for twice and each time 2 weeks. The 2nd time he came here, my parents held a big engagement party for us, inviting over 110 guests to attend. they are my relatives, my parents' colleagues and friends. If I or someone, is hiring Larry to sponsor me and it was a fraudulent relationship, my parents wouldn't hold the big party for us. Nobody will make such a silly joke with their reputation.

Definitely, Larry will come to Guangzhou attending ACH. We hope he could have chance to see the interviewing VO and explain to VO directly, if possible...

I feel that things will work out if you follow through with the blue slip requests. People get the blue slip quite often and once they follow through with the requests, they usually get their visa. I hope very much the same will happen with you. I hope you get your visa. I think you will.

-good luck

Hello, everybody. I am here with Time Line of Our Relationship. Thank you for your comments in advance---

£ª Event: Back in 02/2005, my fiancee had already been separated from her ex.

Clarification: Her ex had no sense of responsibility. Didn¡¯t try to find a steady job, but indulged into gambling for a long time. All the family burdens were carried by my fiancee. She pointed out divorce but her ex didn¡¯t agree at first. He went to south of China to cooperating his friend running a company in 02/2005, and they separated from then on.. Later he met his new girlfriend. So he agreed to divorce finally, but the condition is selling their apartment and allocated him most of their property. My fiancee agreed. Then she started the procedure of processing their property.

£ª Event: 08/2005, my client XXX introduced my fiancee to me.

Clarification: XXX and his wife own XXX in Los Angeles. They had been a client of mine for about 1 year when he knew by chance that I was still single. My work keeps me very busy, I don¡¯t have too much time to socialize and meet a nice woman. I have always wanted to settle down with a nice Asian woman but haven¡¯t met an ideal person. XXX had known my fiancee from the time she worked in a foreign language school in XX. XXX was one of her students and friends. He knew her previous bad experiences with her Ex and he thought my fiancee was a very nice woman who deserves a good husband. InXXX¡¯s eyes, me and my fiancee are good match, as he knew our personalities. So he introduced us to know each other. I trust XXX¡¯s judgement. After getting my fiancee¡¯s agreement, he gave me my fiancee¡¯s E-mail address and a picture of her.

£ª Relationship Evolution: 30/08/2005, I wrote my first E-mail to my fiancee. When I read the reply I know in my heart this was it. It was intelligent and humorous. From then we stayed in touch through E-mails, phone calls or chatting on Messenger every day to know more about each other. I found she is a very down to earth, kind hearted, sincere, and intelligent woman who has lots of self respect qualities. Not like my ex-girlfriend who had bad work habits, dishonest, always looking for hand outs and had a very big gambling addiction. My fiancee¡¯s bad experience with her ex were so similar to what I had experienced, which just reinforced my feelings for my fiancee more and more.

£ª Event: In 10/2005 I applied for my citizenship. And the long wait would start.

Clarification: I hoped we could be together ASAP but it wasn¡¯t that easy. I found out after research that applying for a K1 visa would be the quickest way. But Alas I had to be a citizen to do so. I had always wanted to apply for citizenship before, but kept putting it off due to my busy schedule. But now I decided to apply for a chance to spend the rest of my life with the one I love. I told all my family member in Ireland of my intentions and they were all so happy for me.

£ªEvent : Late in 2005, my fiancee broke the news to me of her previous marriage.

Clarification: She was actually still married but working on her Diovrce to be finalized when XXX introduced us know each other. She dared not to tell me the truth at first because she worried she might lose me¡­I loved her so much I told her it¡¯s Ok as long as things can be worked out in order. I still remember her crying when she heard my reply¡­She had endured too much hardship from her previous marriage, now she finally find her happiness.

£ª Event: 01/27/2006, my fiancee¡¯s divorce was finalized eventually and divorced legally.

Clarification: The complicated procedure of selling their property cost my fiancee several months to get everything resolved, as their apartment was bought on loan. She moved to her friend XXX ¡®s home in 11/2005. After my fiancee gave 2/3 of their property to her ex, her ex finally agreed to divorce. Her ex is living in XX city, XX Province (south of China); while my fiancee was working in XX,XX Province and recently moved back to her hometown XX city, XX Province ( north of China). They are far away from each other and haven¡¯t got in touch for almost two years.

£ª Event : I started to learn Chinese at the beginning of 2006. I feel it¡¯s very important I make an effort to communicate with my fiancee¡¯s parents and they are even learning a little English. My fiancee speaks fluent English but I believe both parties should make an effort in understanding more about each others backgrounds!

£ª Event: 09/30/2006-10/15/2006 (16 days), I went to China to see my fiancee in person for the 1st time.

Clarification: My trip to China was a long overdue not only because of my busy working schedule, citizenship application, but also because although I knew how much I loved my fiancee, but I still wanted to test her love for me and knew more about each other¡­It was like we had known each other our whole life when I saw my fiancee. We went to Beijing for sightseeing, to XX to see her parents, and XX to see the place where she lived and worked. She cared for me very much and always tried to save money for me. We were hand in hand everywhere and she explained everything to me in details. My fiancee is a very knowledgable person so I wasn¡¯t surprised by how much she knew. All these proved to me my fiancee has pure intentions and was not a material individual. My fiancee is the perfect candidate to be my wife!

£ª Relationship Evolution: On 10/06/2006 (Mid Autumn Day) we picked out each other Engagement rings together. I proposed to my fiancee in front of her parents, and with tears in her eyes, she said YES.

£ª 11/30/2006, my fiancee wrote a very beautiful letter to my parents for the first time introducing herself in her words and her intentions for me.

£ª 12/04/2006, my family sent my fiancee Chiristmas card to her place of work in XX. I was very touched by all their good will and I knew they were all so happy for the two of us.

£ª Event: 12/15/2006, I attended my citizenship ceremoney in LA and became a US citizen.

Clarification: It was 1 year and 4 months after our first communication, which is a good test for her love for me. If she had desire only to come to the U.S., she would not have waited so long for me. She could have met anyone who was a citizen already.

£ª Event: 12/27/2006 I sent away the application for our K1 visa.

£ª Relationship Evolution: My fiancee consulted many famous doctors and post Chinese traditional medicine to US for my unbalance of Ying and Yang. I called her or chat through MSN with her everyday, sent each other cards and little gifts on every holidy. We name each other affectionately as Teddy and Honeybun.

£ª 06/07/2007-06/21/2007,(15 days) I went to China to see my fiancee for 2nd time

£ª Relationship Evolution: On 06/16/2007,my fiancee¡¯s parents held a big Engagement Party in xxx, approx. 110 guests in attendance to join our celebration and certified our love.

£ª My fiancee¡¯s parents using ancestral bracelet handmade two pairs of rings for me and my fiancee. Chose 3 sets of beautiful curtains for our home¡¯s three bedrooms in US. Mom also handmade a double quilt for us.

£ª Event: 12/09/2007¡­., I will go to Guangzhou to attend ACH and accompany my fiancee.

Clarification: She had take 53 hours round tripXX to Guangzhou for 2 times. This is the 3rd time she has to be here for blue paper. She is under heavy pressure physically and psychologically. Both of us and our family members are falling into giant pain now¡­What we want is just a happy life together, I don¡¯t understand why our case was kept prolonged and prolonged. Maybe our relationship is doubted as a fraud. Maybe the time sounds sensitive, but we are just telling everything according to the truth. I make a very decent living (you can judge from my tax transcripts posted directly from IRS), I have no time and no necessary to do unseemly business that you suspect. Please don¡¯t only make judgement according to the time, please pay attention to all the Evidences too¡­ Judgement should be made based on Evidences, but not suspect. If our relationship were fraud, my fiancee¡¯s parents would not hold such a big engagement ceremony for us. Over 110 guests attended and certified our Love! They are co-workers, relatives, neighbours and friends of my fiancee¡¯s parents. Nobody would make fool of their reputation just for immigration! My fiancee¡¯s Dad is even suffering from heart-attack these days...My fiancee is not meant to come to US. If I were in Ireland, she would come with me to Ireland. But just I am living here for 15 years, I have my house and stable job here, it is too hard for me to come back to Ireland and restart from the first beginning.

Please make a favorable judgement according to all the evidences¡­Thank you for your time and patience.

Larry ... is the above the time line you submitted last time which caused them to ask for a one page summary ... or is it the new summary version?

In any case it's way too long and contains editorializing on how GZ should do their job. I would cut down the emotion (but leave a little in there) and stick to the facts. There is no problem with the order in which things happened ... so keep it simple.

Thank you for your input on our Timeline letter, This was actually drafted by my Fiancee and I will edit and correct it later, That may explain the few grammar errors but overall I think My Fiancee did an excellent Job as always. I appreciate your thoughts on the length and subject of the timeline, This is actually the revised version....the original was Quite a bit longer! Perhaps this is why he requested a ONE page timeline, My Fiancee was just concerned if it's not detailed enough We may get denied again, How short should it be and Should we just list dates and events and leave out the long explanations, I will wait for your recommendations and type a revised version as you suggest and post it on here,Thank You again to all of you for your help.

Larry, we understand your emotions but even the revision is not responsive to the Visa Unit's request. I would suggest using the following:

Evolution of relationship in the case of WWW and Larry 1001

- February 2005. WWW separates from her husband AAA

- August 2005. A business client of mine, CCC, who lives in Los Angeles and is an American citizen introduced me to WWW who was his instructor while studying Chinese in the SSS language school in QQQ. WWW and I began correspondence.

- October 2005. In part because I was now interested in the possibility of marrying WWW I applied for US citizenship which was granted in December 2006

- January 2006. WWW's divorce from AAA was granted.

- September/October 2006. First trip to China to visit WWW. Toward the end of this visit I propose to WWW in the presence of her parents BBB and MMM, and she accepted.

- December 2006. After being sworn in as a US citizen I filed the petition for a K-1 visa for WWW

- June 2007. Second trip to China to visit WWW. During this trip we had an engagement party for 110 family members and friends.

- December 2007. I plan to make my third trip to China to see WWW and offer my support as we submit this information in response to the Guangzhou Visa Unit's request.

Sorry for being so blunt ... but just give them what they want, a one page summary.

Good luck!

Larry, we understand your emotions but even the revision is not responsive to the Visa Unit's request. I would suggest using the following:

Evolution of relationship in the case of WWW and Larry 1001

- February 2005. WWW separates from her husband AAA

- August 2005. A business client of mine, CCC, who lives in Los Angeles and is an American citizen introduced me to WWW who was his instructor while studying Chinese in the SSS language school in QQQ. WWW and I began correspondence.

- October 2005. In part because I was now interested in the possibility of marrying WWW I applied for US citizenship which was granted in December 2006

- January 2006. WWW's divorce from AAA was granted.

- September/October 2006. First trip to China to visit WWW. Toward the end of this visit I propose to WWW in the presence of her parents BBB and MMM, and she accepted.

- December 2006. After being sworn in as a US citizen I filed the petition for a K-1 visa for WWW

- June 2007. Second trip to China to visit WWW. During this trip we had an engagement party for 110 family members and friends.

- December 2007. I plan to make my third trip to China to see WWW and offer my support as we submit this information in response to the Guangzhou Visa Unit's request.

Sorry for being so blunt ... but just give them what they want, a one page summary.

Good luck!

I think you also must place additional emphasis that it was a friendly introduction not a professional introduction. Part of what they want to know is if any money changed hands. They also want to make learn the exact role the person that helped you translate letters played and again did any money change hands.