Blue slip questions

Hello,this is my first post on here and I'm hoping to get some feedback,My Fiancee had her first K1 Interview at the Guangzhou Consulate on September 26th 2007 and received a blue slip to submit more proof of residency from her and Her ex.,Also they asked for my last 3 years Tax returns to be mailed directly from the IRS to the consulate and for Hand written notarized statements detailing the evolution of our relationship with an Emphasis on all the dates that events took place and another detailing My trips to China, I gathered all materials required and My Fiancee had made a second appointment for Nov. 7th which she duly attended but two days later had another blue slip which reads....

"Thank you for all your documents, so many documents. The issue is the timing still.Please provide a ONE page timeline of your relation so much happen in 2006, Clarity is need on these events"

The way it was written and also by the handwriting I noticed it was'nt by the same person, Her Interviewer was a male Black American and this reply seems to have been written by a Chinese Consulate Employee, I say this because of the way it reads....kind of simplified English, The ONE was in Capitals emphasizing a brief statement of our history together, Is it better to just give them only what they ask for or should additional material be included.

Her next Overcome appointment will be on December 10th and I will be in Guangzhou this time to attend the Citizens day on both Mondays if need be, But can anyone answer me if this looks like a simple overcome....The first blue slip asked for a very detailed explanation of our relationship which was given and Now they ask for a simple one page (Obviously first was too detailed and long) Timeline of our Relationship, Appreciate any input on this matter, Thank you.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give them what they are asking for, that is a more clear evolution of relationship.

And yes it is a very good idea to attend ACH for overcome.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27777

As much detail as possible. Names and travel dates match, travel seats next to each other, recepts from taxie's, etc. Make it a complete timeline with all things flowing to the next. Let it read so a third party can read it with out having to try to understand what you are saying (remember they do not know you). Each piece of evidence will be tied into the letter to complete the story.

A very good idea is to post your draft here and let us help you with the wording. Blank out the key names and numbers for us to keep it private and secure. There are very smart people here with much experience and we will help you get over this hurdle.

Don't just write it out and give it to them, as this is just to important. You want this letter perfect.

If I may comment to this situation?

Our overcome two years ago was very similar. GUZ wanted more proof that I was who I was and that my ex and I were not together. We officially divorced December 16th of 2004 and I met my current wife Lucy in June of 2004. I feel GUZ saw my marriage ending AFTER I met Lucy even though I was legally separated since March of 2002.

The concern we feel was the reason for our blue slip is that my fiance' was attempting to immigrate to the USA to join another person through my help. GUZ asked for several documents establishing relationship, separate residences of both our ex spouses and proof that I was the person the documents stated.

We just gave them exactly what the blue slip asked for... and then some. This situation sounds like GUZ is suspicious of fraud and wants to ensure it is not. I am confident you will overcome this concern. Going to GUZ, in my opinion, is the right move! ACH was informative for me and I think it alerted officials of my presense but the way we prepared the overcome documents is the reason we succeeded.

I wish you and your fiance' the best of luck!

P.S. Here is my thread of that time frame... I hope that may help some

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=12964&hl=

Hello,this is my first post on here and I'm hoping to get some feedback,My Fiancee had her first K1 Interview at the Guangzhou Consulate on September 26th 2007 and received a blue slip to submit more proof of residency from her and Her ex.,Also they asked for my last 3 years Tax returns to be mailed directly from the IRS to the consulate and for Hand written notarized statements detailing the evolution of our relationship with an Emphasis on all the dates that events took place and another detailing My trips to China, I gathered all materials required and My Fiancee had made a second appointment for Nov. 7th which she duly attended but two days later had another blue slip which reads....

"Thank you for all your documents, so many documents. The issue is the timing still.Please provide a ONE page timeline of your relation so much happen in 2006, Clarity is need on these events"

The way it was written and also by the handwriting I noticed it was'nt by the same person, Her Interviewer was a male Black American and this reply seems to have been written by a Chinese Consulate Employee, I say this because of the way it reads....kind of simplified English, The ONE was in Capitals emphasizing a brief statement of our history together, Is it better to just give them only what they ask for or should additional material be included.

Her next Overcome appointment will be on December 10th and I will be in Guangzhou this time to attend the Citizens day on both Mondays if need be, But can anyone answer me if this looks like a simple overcome....The first blue slip asked for a very detailed explanation of our relationship which was given and Now they ask for a simple one page (Obviously first was too detailed and long) Timeline of our Relationship, Appreciate any input on this matter, Thank you.

Welcome to Candle, Larry.

It sounds like maybe your first letter of evolution was too long and detailed and now they are asking for a more direct and concise letter; a ONE page brief.

That would be my guess because I have read here on Candle about the same thing you are mentioning and I remember something about having a short and breif letter.

As been mentioned, only give them what they are asking for, no more;no less.

To answer your question, it looks like simple overcome but of course, there are no guaranties. It looks simple enough, though.

Let us know how it turns out.

-good luck

Thank you for all your responses re our case. I am Larry's fiancee. Now we are making every effort to make the ONE page timeline perfect. Then we will post it here, hoping your kind comments...Now what I am worrying about is if we only present a one page timeline, whether VO may denial our case in the end? We have plenty of evidences re our genuine relationship, we even had big engagement party at my hometown and over 100 people attended our ceremony. I had ever presented ceremony VCD and photos to VO. But all the evidences were returned to me with blue slip. I worry if I don't present the evidences to support my timeline letter, VO may denial our case just because my divorce date and my fiancee's obtaining US citizenship date were all happened in 2006.

We will come back with our timeline letter soon... Thank you all again for your kind help...

Thank you for all your responses re our case. I am Larry's fiancee. Now we are making every effort to make the ONE page timeline perfect. Then we will post it here, hoping your kind comments...Now what I am worrying about is if we only present a one page timeline, whether VO may denial our case in the end? We have plenty of evidences re our genuine relationship, we even had big engagement party at my hometown and over 100 people attended our ceremony. I had ever presented ceremony VCD and photos to VO. But all the evidences were returned to me with blue slip. I worry if I don't present the evidences to support my timeline letter, VO may denial our case just because my divorce date and my fiancee's obtaining US citizenship date were all happened in 2006.

We will come back with our timeline letter soon... Thank you all again for your kind help...

All a person can do is present what they ask for and hopefully get the visa. If not, if you get another blue slip, then do what it says and try again. Hopefully that won't happen. Try to be positive and confident that you will get the visa. I hope you do get the visa and I'm sure you will!

-good luck

Glad you have joined us :)

Just to step back a minute.. My feeling, based on what's been asked for so far (and it's not uncommon to see this request; we see it alot more in the last 15 months), is that they don't need more 'evidence' like pictures, etc... they want to understand some 'events' that occurred.

I think they are trying to figure out when you were divorced and where your husband now lives; when you meet Larry and that relationship started. I suspect all of this is the 2006 period they want the information on.

The consulate is concerned about situations where the chinese national has an "ex" spouse, but the consulate thinks that this relationship may still be going on...and that the chinese national hopes to go to the US to later bring over the "ex" spouse.

So, I think they would like to understand what occurred when in regards to these relationships... and a one page timeline seems to me to mean they don't want too much extra commentary. So you might make a timeline with a little clarification as needed and then an extended one that they can reference for some points that need more explanation (but would make the timeline too long)...

Thank you all for your responses, Hopefully they'll provide my Fiancee with some comfort as right now she is going through a very difficult time emotionally. I did tell her it seems like a simple enough overcome and thanks to people like tyWy99 who second that. But after reading a lot of other posts on here I guess it's hard to know what the VO's are thinking, By the way is it unusual to have two VO's looking at your case, as I said earlier It looks like the second Blue slip was written by a different VO then the First, I could be mistaken perhaps the second blue slip was written in a hurry, I was just curious.

Also thank you for clarifying the issue of how much evidence we should provide, I'm thinking if too much it will fog the Evidence they are asking for but should we provide a little back up just to remind them who we are or Our case is already well documented? Thank you again for all your help.

Thank you all for your responses, Hopefully they'll provide my Fiancee with some comfort as right now she is going through a very difficult time emotionally. I did tell her it seems like a simple enough overcome and thanks to people like tyWy99 who second that. But after reading a lot of other posts on here I guess it's hard to know what the VO's are thinking, By the way is it unusual to have two VO's looking at your case, as I said earlier It looks like the second Blue slip was written by a different VO then the First, I could be mistaken perhaps the second blue slip was written in a hurry, I was just curious.

Also thank you for clarifying the issue of how much evidence we should provide, I'm thinking if too much it will fog the Evidence they are asking for but should we provide a little back up just to remind them who we are or Our case is already well documented? Thank you again for all your help.

I had thought that the same VO sticks with the same case..

the exception is at a time of rotation; if the original VO is no longer around then another VO must take the case... In the few instances where we know that this truly occurred, it seems to me the second VO asks for similar info again as if to get up to speed with his own requests...

Thank you everyone! I'm Larry's fiancee.

What VO concerned about is the "time"--

02/2005 Me and my ex separated, he didn't agree to divorce at first.

08/2005 Me and Larry were introduced by my friend

10/2005 Larry started to apply for US citizen for us to be together, otherwise we have no way to apply for K1 visa

01/2006 I divorced legally.

12/2006 Larry became a US citizen (He has been in US for 15 years)

My question is, 1)whether VO may deny my visa because Larry and I were introduced to each other before I divorced?

2) Whether VO may deny my visa because Larry applied for US citizenship in order to apply for K1 visa for me? He actually hoped to apply for US citizenship, just because of his busy schedule, he postponed it for a long time.

B.T.W.,Teddy, I feel like you are just by my side when I see your post here...

10/2005 Larry started to apply for US citizen for us to be together, otherwise we have no way to apply for K1 visa

My question is, 1)whether VO may deny my visa because Larry and I were introduced to each other before I divorced?

2) Whether VO may deny my visa because Larry applied for US citizenship in order to apply for K1 visa for me? He actually hoped to apply for US citizenship, just because of his busy schedule, he postponed it for a long time.

B.T.W.,Teddy, I feel like you are just by my side when I see your post here...

well... it's an interesting situation to say the least... I can see why the VO would raise some eyebrows... It's kind of like alot of circumstantial evidence which is being used to create a scenario that might not exist, except in the VOs head...

All you can do is be very clear about what they want, but the timing is a little troubling on some level...

The VO has to be convinced that this is not part of some larger plan; You meet Larry fairly quickly after divorce and he gets citizenship to bring you over.. I think that is the VO's sticky point IMO... Can Larry go over and be present for the next overcome? Maybe yet another visit might help; and to visit ACH, which I rarely advise but I think it's well worth it here...

Maybe yet another visit might help; and to visit ACH, which I rarely advise but I think it's well worth it here...

David,

If I understand your words above, you normally don't advise attending ACH. Why do you believe that ACH is normally not a good idea?

I ask this because it helped me out immensely, and maybe there is something I am missing about ACH.

ILS

1) There is no requirement that the couple both be legally free to marry when they are introduced. My divorce was not final when I met Lao Po.

2) The only citizenship requirement is that Larry is a US citizen when he sponsors your visa.

As others have observed your VO probably has become concerned that the timeline you show could indicate that you, or someone, is hiring Larry to sponsor you. Another thing that will help you case is to document, if it's true, that Larry has well above the required income and therefore is much less likely to hire himself out as a fraudulent visa sponsor.

Maybe yet another visit might help; and to visit ACH, which I rarely advise but I think it's well worth it here...

David,

If I understand your words above, you normally don't advise attending ACH. Why do you believe that ACH is normally not a good idea?

I ask this because it helped me out immensely, and maybe there is something I am missing about ACH.

ILS

I Understand that you say it helped YOU... I think it is mostly a "feel-good" experience for the USC more than anything else... but the USC doesn't interview.. and I don't know if it truly does anything much to ones case (they make a note you were there) nor prepare the SO anymore... if it gives her a shot of confidence to see this step, then that's good.

SO, I just don't see a 'general need' to be at ACH... historically, it doesn't seem to matter that much; too many people pass without a visit to prove this.

I wouldn't put much stock into it as if it were going to alter someones chances that much, although I think that there are certain cases that might warrant it.

So, it's not that I believe it is "not a good idea".. just not necessary in all cases... therefore, I don't advise it till I see the need...