Any help from your Congressman or Senator??

I asked my Congressman for help - so they inquired... the letter GZ sent back to them was 98% cut and paste from the "Important Notice" section. It's amazing that even a Congressman's office gets the same run-around as us :o(

So my question is, how many of us have had similiar or worse luck with our elected officials? I'm thinking about writing a rating system on visadelays.com where you can choose your Congressman/Senator and give them a rating on how much they helped you.

Here is my using the Congressman story.

My 2nd noa was 2-20-02. I was in DC in March. I went to the Senator's office and talked with the correspondence person. I explained my I-129f intent to him. He asked if I needed help. I said not at this time, I just wanted to start the record.

About April 8 I sent an status email to Guangzhou. They replied that the petition had been received and packet 3 mailed on April 4. Mid May I emailed Guangzhou that packet 3 had not been received. They advised that my fiancee fax name and address in Chinese characters. Done about May 17. Emailed Guangzhou June 16, was told all about the 250 mails a day, extremely busy, blah, blah, blah, when we have processed your fiancee's fax we will resend packet three. Called the Senator's office, asked why in hell does it take more than a month to process a fax. I indicated that if I had to carry the packet three papers to China I would.

The first week in July I made arrangements to go to China in late August. On July 16 packet 3 was received and sent back on July 18. I needed the trip to China so left on Aug 26. Perhaps packet 4 would be received prior or during my visit. It wasn't and I returned home Sept 9.

On Sept 18 I received a letter from the Senator's office with the attached reply from Guangzhou. The letter from Guangzhou read, thank you for your inquiry letter dated June 19th as requested by Mr. xxxxx. We received it July 24. Guangzhou's letter was dated July 25. I looked at the Senator's letter, it was dated Aug 16 and I received it the week of Sept 16.

I wrote the correspondent back and give him a detailed list of everything that had happened since June 16 when we talked on the phone and what wasn't in the Guangzhou letter. Suggested maybe he should start using the email as he's most likely to get an answer the next day.

Fiancee received packet 4 on Nov 4 with interiview scheduled for Nov 22. Emailed Senator's office to keep him in the loop. Interview was successful and the white paper given, 6 to 8 weeks wait. Emailed Senator's office of successful interview. I told him I'd give them their 6 to 8 weeks before I started bugging him for help.

By the end of the first week in Dec, some couples that interviewed in Nov were getting clearances. On Dec 9 I figured what the hell, I sent fiancee information to Charlotte. Charlotte called DOS on Dec 11 and posted on G7 that my fiancee had been cleared on Dec 6. I confirmed this with Charlotte by phone today so I assume the EMS is or will be sent soon.

Is there anyone that can tell me what is going on? I feel real bad for all the successful interviews from July 30 and on that are waiting and waiting and waiting, especially Roger. The only thing I can say is I prayed sincerely and didn't get angry because my prayers weren't answered two minutes after I said amen. My only justification to the others is that I believe if it would not have been for the packet 3 delay, my fiancee would have had her interview in July and be here with me now.

By the way I received a letter from the Senator's office today saying he was going to send another inquiry to Guangzhou per my request. This is the second time I've received this letter. I wonder who's requesting help for me from his office!!!!! I've never once asked for him to inquire.

I have e-mailed all the details of our case to my Representitives and Senators and have not even had a reply from any of them, even though in some cases their websites promised a reply within two weeks for any correspondence. One of my Senators is Sam Brownback who with the change in control of the Senate, I belive will be the chair of the Senate Immigration sub-committee.

I have e-mailed all the details of our case to my Representitives and Senators and have not even had a reply from any of them, even though in some cases their websites promised a reply within two weeks for any correspondence.  One of my Senators is Sam Brownback who with the change in control of the Senate, I belive will be the chair of the Senate Immigration sub-committee.

owen. Then you are in Kansas like me,

Brownback and Roberts referred me to Thiart, Wichita 4th district rep.

His office is useless. They keep calling the wrong people.