can communists take fiancee visa?

for carl.hops: the cultural revolution in my wife's case was the communists locating and punishing those who fought against them in the forties and their families. her father was an officer in general chinag kai shek's army fighting the army of mao tse tung. her grandfather owned a vegetable oil company and had it seized from him along with all of his property. basicly they went after those who were considered there enemies even young teenagers who were part of the same family. her father was sent away for more than four years and never recovered and died an early death.

she flies wednesday and she is happy visiting her family. i think it is ok now that she is far from her home and staying at her mother's house. i was very upset and worried at first but i think it will be ok now. only five more days. she will not return to her home. she will fly here the city where her mother lives.

For those who might like to know. Yongling is now with me in upstate new york. Her trip was uneventful and we are very happy.

Sounds like time to party.... :censor: :ranting: <_<

We all know you don't have anything else to do like get married, go on honeymoon, ***censored closed doors *** :redmad:, get ssn, learn to drive....

Oh the hell with it, party anyway, cause it's time to celebrate!!!!!

For those who might like to know. Yongling is now with me in upstate new york. Her trip was uneventful and we are very happy.

Great to hear!

You have a few CFL friends in Upstate NY, like Lostinblue, and Signal

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

to "warpedbored": this hapened when she quit her job and asked about retirement. they told her that she had to see a government official. she went there and he told her that her visa was not good. then another official asked her to bring the visa and all of her forms for him to see.she did not trust them.so she has left the city and gone to her mother's house which is far away. it is full day's trip by train. sincerely: Bob

For people who are going to immigrate to another country, such as your wife, there is an option of taking out their retirement money earlier. The reason is that those people may not return to China later to enjoy their retirement benefit. In order to take this option, one must demonstrate that they are indeed going to immigrate. I will assume that the only way to demonstrate the immigrant status is to show the immigrant visa. Maybe the official she met with the first time didn't know much about US immigrant visa so was hesitant to approve her early retirement fund withdrawl application. That's probably why they want her to bring back the visa and other documents again. (Is it possible that your wife has an K visa, but the officials only acknowleged IR or CR visas as proof of immigration?)

I really don't know exactly your situation, above are based on my guesses. Don't be so scared of the "communist". The officials she met may not even be a communist party member. He is more likely just an employee of a Chinese government bureau/department.

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)

I just had a long talk with my wife about this. She says it is more about money than the visa. In a nutshell they want to get out of paying her retirement money so rather than forcing her to stay in China. Probably they want her to cancel her Hukou before they will give her the retirement money then when she does that they will say "oh you are not Chinese anymore you can't have retire money" So to make a long story short my wife believes they are trying to scare her out of town before she can collect her retirement.

Yes or no. They may need to cancel her Hukou to go along with early retirement fund withdrawl.

Happy to hear that she is safe and sound!

I am sorry that I get into this thread so late. However, your wife can always go back to China to retrieve her retirement money later when she wants to.

Happy to hear that she is safe and sound!

I am sorry that I get into this thread so late. However, your wife can always go back to China to retrieve her retirement money later when she wants to.

congratulations on things working out.

My future wife did cash out her fund and her housing fund. Work had a fund that saved money for a house. We just bought one in Sichuan and that counts. She had to do both. The retirement money is from her department (the government transfered that money to the local offices and department still part of government) and they must approve the grant of money. I think she only got it since she is good friends with vice department director. They did not have to approve it, but it worked this time.