Interview date Nov 8th and Medical exam Nov 5th

Hello everyone! and thank you for your support. My thanks and appreciation goes out to everyone for the enermous help and quick responses I've received during the past few months.

After 9 months when I first submitted my K-1 fiancee visa petition to U.S.C.I.S. , my lao po's interview date has finally arrived. She will travel to Guanzhou early today in the morning from Zhengzhou and will fly there by airplane. I am very nervous because she has to take leave from her job and spend one week in Guanzhou by herself. It really kills me ,

I feel like a terrible husband not to be there by her side. I really want to hop on the next plane and fly out there to be by her side and support her. Meanwhile I'm in Chicago Wednesday evening in class, my lao po will have her interview Thursday morning. I am really lucky and thankful to have such a caring and thoughtful lao po. It really makes me stop and think about how much effort and work must be put in by both the beneficiary and petitioner. Especially the beneficiary who has to do the interview and stand before the consulate officer and answer the questions.

I'm not quite sure how my Lao po will fair but I believe in her. We have done all that we can and maybe I think I should have done a better job gathering the information and setting everything clear but at the last moment I managed to regroup and gather everything I need to help prepare my lao po. It all boils down to this coming week. She and I have practiced many of the possible questions the visa officer may ask. Her English was not that great when I first met her but ever since I have known her, she has really improved greatly and I belive in her. I know she can understand oral English native speakers since she has heard me speak time and again. Plus she has really done her best to expand her English vocabulary by keeping a diary/journal so to say and writes down every new word she learns and practices so she doesn't forget.

My lao po will face the officer November 8th at 7:15 AM and her medical examination is November 5th. Call me crazy but I knew she would need the money and I thought the fastest way she could take money was directly from my debit card so I fed-exed her my debit card so she can withdraw cash from any ATM machine. It's really easy because I can deposit money and she can withdraw money if she needs it. I trust her and I know she will not use it for any other things other then her costs for the interview including food and shelter. I felt I should pay for the medical examination and other costs she may have to incurr, after all since she does have to travel to another city and pay for hotel costs and food costs. I can't just allow her to spend her money she works hard for.

Any how, If anyone is going through the same thing and feels like me, I wish all of you good luck for anyone who's lao po is going to Guanzhou and has to travel there. Let us all hope that our women can bring back the k1 visa. I really must think positive and hope for the best outcome.

Good luck to us all!

Qiao zhi the monkey

Great news, spacebar!

Don't be so hard on yourself. Many applicants have obtained a visa without having the petitioner present. I'm sure she will handle it well and I'm positive she will get the visa. If all is in order, she should have no problem at all.

I wish you and her the best of luck next week! <_<

Thanks guys!! <_<

I really hope we can get the Visa so she can come here soon. I'm going to be biting my nails all the way down to the wire! hehee.

Thanks guys!! :cheering:

I really hope we can get the Visa so she can come here soon. I'm going to be biting my nails all the way down to the wire! hehee.

Good planing really helps. Now is the time to wait. It is hard, but with good documents you should pull thru. Good luck and do not worry too much.

Thanks guys!! :cheering:

Good planing really helps. Now is the time to wait. It is hard, but with good documents you should pull thru. Good luck and do not worry too much.

Good Luck and give us a write up about her trip and questions they asked her. I feel like I am reading a soap opera at times, but knowing the questions does help to be ready, good luck!!!!!!!!!!

;) :D :cheering: :cheering: ;) :P

You KNOW you have ALL of our good wishes going your way and I will be sharing your pain in less than 2 weeks. I will be there, on the 4th floor, but helpless and, what will feel like a million miles away, and hours and hours of waiting. Sounds like our gals are exactly the same English-wise, and I am still very confident. Don't suppose she is staying at Mr. Yang's? I only ask because his help with practicing interview may be helpful to your sweetheart. Just a thought.

Good luck my friend and we will all keep good wishes going your way!

Your lady will do just fine at the interview. Those Chinese gals are goal oriented and very resourceful on their feet. It will be a very happy day for you both.

tsap seui

Your lady will do just fine at the interview. Those Chinese gals are goal oriented and very resourceful on their feet. It will be a very happy day for you both.

tsap seui

Yes, they sure are. My gal is an inspiration to me, and sometimes I view in amazement just how upbeat and positive she is about everything. She will teach me a thing or two!!

Call me crazy but I knew she would need the money and I thought the fastest way she could take money was directly from my debit card so I fed-exed her my debit card so she can withdraw cash from any ATM machine.

Ok your crazy <_<

Seriously, I think this is the fastest, easiest and most secure way for her to get money from you. This is how my wife and I did it while she was in China. Now, because it is so safe and quick, we leave a debit card with her parents. We just tell them how much to withdrawl when we want to send them money.

Sounds like you have the bases covered. I wouldn't worry too much. Some of us were lucky enough to be able to provide our fiancees with support during the interview. Others couldn't make it due to lack of vacation, work or other prior commitments. Many still passed the interview successfully the first time.

Good Luck.