Taking Care of Lao Po

Okay, there are many things that Chinese take for granted:

1) cover your stomach when you sleep

2) drink water when you cough

But there is an advanced level, too:

1) During her "special time" each month, she is not supposed to drink or eat anything cold/cool. You should not offer cold drinks during this time. She may want them; that is her right....but you should offer only hot drinks/food. Moreover, the hot drink shouldn't include caffeine, although that is less important than the temperature. Still, it is best to make sure you ahve on hand some non-caffeinated, non-cold drinks for her special teim each month: hot tang, hot green tea, etc.

2) if there is any skin condition, you must not eat spicy foods.

3) if there is a large wound/surgery cut, you shouldn't eat seafood/shrimp, because it will make the wound/incision itch more.

...that's all I can think of now. Until next time, keep those stomachs covered when you sleep!!!!

1) During her "special time" each month, she is not supposed to drink or eat anything cold/cool. You should not offer cold drinks during this time. She may want them; that is her right....but you should offer only hot drinks/food. Moreover, the hot drink shouldn't include caffeine, although that is less important than the temperature. Still, it is best to make sure you ahve on hand some non-caffeinated, non-cold drinks for her special teim each month: hot tang, hot green tea, etc.

3) if there is a large wound/surgery cut, you shouldn't eat seafood/shrimp, because it will make the wound/incision itch more.

...that's all I can think of now. Until next time, keep those stomachs covered when you sleep!!!!

My nephew's wife is from Vietnam and they just had a baby boy!!

:blink:

In her culture you must not travel or leave the house for 30 days!!! :) :smartass:

Thanks for the tidbits of special advice. They're etched in the synapses forever.

Lao Po even asked the docter, so she could tell me to keep my stomach covered. I now twist the blanket around to keep it covered even if warm out.

In her culture you must not travel or leave the house for 30 days!!! :( :(

Same in China.

The new mom should not take shower nor wash feet during the 30 days.

My neighbor "aunty Shen" chided me when she found out I was doing all the forbidden. I am still feeling a bit uneasy knowing my brokening rules might come to haunt me when I turn into an old lady, as predicted.

My nephew's wife is from Vietnam and they just had a baby boy!!

:(

In her culture you must not travel or leave the house for 30 days!!! ;) :(

We're expecting in March and Guichun tells me the same :o .

Must stay inside for 1 month. Did your nephew's wife say anything

about water? My wife tells me that during that month they must

stay away from water as much as they can, showers are a no no :o

This should be fun :D

In her culture you must not travel or leave the house for 30 days!!! :o :(

Same in China.

My neighbor "aunty Shen" chided me when she found out I was doing all the forbidden. I am still feeling a bit uneasy knowing my brokening rules might come to haunt me when I turn into an old lady, as predicted.

Thanks Joanne,

You answered my last post before I even finished!

Your good :( .

Now tell me, what can I do to help her during that month!

In her culture you must not travel or leave the house for 30 days!!! ;) :o

Same in China.

Thanks Joanne,

Your good :D .

Don't tell her that "you are in America" and your American neighbor brought her baby out shopping when the baby was only three days old.

You have a good attitude, so you should be fine. :)

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)

In her culture you must not travel or leave the house for 30 days!!! ;) :D

Same in China.

Thanks Joanne,

Your good :D .

Don't tell her that "you are in America" and your American neighbor brought her baby out shopping when the baby was only three days old.

You have a good attitude, so you should be fine. ;)

:o :)

Thanks!!

I think there are some variations here AM ...

Neither of my girls believe in 1 & 2 basic or 1 through 3 advanced. Lao Po did do the 30 day thing when Er Mei was born 19 years ago but Er Mei is not planning on doing the same when she eventually gets married and has a child.

I think the bottom line is that guys should be ready to encounter ideas like these but not necessarily assume that their WLF (stands for Wife, Lover, Friend and is meant to replace "SO") will have these beliefs.

Talking about taking care Lao Po "The Ultimate Course". Have your Lao Po read the following to you. (Guarantee to make her laugh :o )

01. ÀÏÆÅÓò͕rÒªëSÊÌÒ»ÅÔ,Ò¨œ«Ê¢ïˆ¡£

02. ÀÏÆÅ»¯Šy•rÒª¿ì˜·µÈºò,ÖÔÐÄדÃÀ¡£

03. ÀÏÆÅ´©Ò•rÒªŽÍæ CÒÂ,Ìṩ½¨×h¡£

04. ÀÏÆÅÏ´Ôè•rÒªÁ¿ºÃË®œØ,×¥°W²Á±³¡£

05. ÀÏÆÅÉÏ°à•rÒªÙeÊ¿½ÓËÍ,±£ès×oÐl¡£

06. ÀÏÆÅΣëU•rÒªŠ^²»î™Éí,¿¶¿® ÞÉü¡£

07. ÀÏÆźÜÀÛ•rҪЦĘÏàÓ­,°´Ä¦“€±³¡£

08. ÀÏÆÅѪƴ•rÒªÓÂ춸¶¿î,¶àËù¹Ä„î¡£

09. ÀÏÆÅÉϲ˕rÒªÙ²»½^¿Ú,¶à³ÔŽ×Íë¡£

10. ÀÏÆÅ˯ÓX•rÒªÑ×ÏÄÉÈïL,º®¶¬Å¯±»¡£

11. ÀÏÆÅÉú²¡•rÒªÓHÊÌœ«ËŽ,UŒ‹Íüʳ¡£

12. ÀÏÆŽoåX•rÒªº¬œI¸Ð¼¤,Ê¡³Ôƒ€Óá£