Travelling with using I-131 Advance Parole

Hi,

My wife and I are going to China for 2 weeks in September. We have

filed for AOS (fingerprints have been done) and are waiting for the interview. We have a multi-entry advance parole document (I-131) for her reentry back into the USA.

My question? Has anyone had any problems coming back to the US

using an AP? Also has anyone had any problems at the airport in

the PR China when trying to depart? My wife believes that the Korean Air

airport check-in employees in Shenyang won't believe the AP, as it's not attached/printed in the passport and they might believe it to be a fake.

Also does a Chinese citizen (living in the US with conditional or permanent residency) require a visa to enter the PRC?

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ty

I don't know about travelling on the AP but as far as entering the PRC, your wife will use her PRC passport until she becomes a US citizen and is able to obtain a US passport. In other words she is treated the same as any other Chinese citizen re-entering and while in China.

We will be very interested in anything that you find out about travelling in and out of Shenyang as that is where we are living.

I'll post and let you know what the procedure was like when we leave on Monday.

Hi,

filed for AOS (fingerprints have been done) and are waiting for the interview. We have a multi-entry advance parole document (I-131) for her reentry back into the USA.

airport check-in employees in Shenyang won't believe the AP, as it's not attached/printed in the passport and they might believe it to be a fake.

Also does a Chinese citizen (living in the US with conditional or permanent residency) require a visa to enter the PRC?

Thanks.

Ty

I came back to the US with my AP from Paris on May 31. The United Airline guys at the check-in counter didn't look like familiar with the AP paper though, he checked it and my passport, then went to consult with someone (maybe his boss?), then came back asking for my driver lisence. thank God I had it. So he had nothing to say but let me go. :blink: :wub:

I think they asked for DL just wanna another ID to prove my status in the States..

And at Chicago, we very easily cleared the US immigration, they just copied my AP, also I got a new I-94 with the deadline May 2004 which is a year from then.

That's my AP experience, no idea about the airport in China. But I think since AP is not very well-known, you just take all the related papers & ID just in case. :D

Hope this would help you! :P

Hi,

Thanks.

Ty

One more thing...

My AP is under married name, and my passport is under my maid name. So we also took our marriage lisence and showed them. And the driver lisence with the married name also a strong proof I think. :P