Question about the single certificate

I have read on here that people have had to get a certificate verifying they are single. I understand what it is, I just need to know is it a requirement and do they ask for it in the interview?

Yes it is for K1. You should get it right now since you are waiting for the P4. You can get it from the notary office. We have just finished putting our kitchen sink together but waiting for the P4 letter :( .

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Hi just reading this post but I was curious about this.... Does that mean the spouse(petitioner should turn in one also) . I'm a bit confused what you guys mean........ I know my fiancee (beneficiary) made a declaration of unmarried notarized letter but

I as the petitioner, should I make one also????????? I'm a bit worried now! I still have three or four weeks left! Can anyone post the answer??

I did go to my local office in CHicago and went to the records information center and retrieved an official government certificate stating that no record of marriage could be found which just basically means I've never been married.

Any clue guys?

Edited by spacebar (see edit history)

Hi just reading this post but I was curious about this.... Does that mean the spouse(petitioner should turn in one also) . I'm a bit confused what you guys mean........ I know my fiancee (beneficiary) made a declaration of unmarried notarized letter but

I as the petitioner, should I make one also????????? I'm a bit worried now! I still have three or four weeks left! Can anyone post the answer??

I did go to my local office in CHicago and went to the records information center and retrieved an official government certificate stating that no record of marriage could be found which just basically means I've never been married.

Any clue guys?

The USC (US Citizen) files a I-129F petition for a K1.. if you were ever previously divorced, those documents would of ben submitted... by design, the USC must be single. If it is approved, then USCIS is saying you meet the requirements....

Thanks David, I appreciate the quick answer. I wanted to know whether I should worry about this or not. hehee , I am greatful to all the Gurus in the candle for love website. Mostly everyone is so helpful!

Thanks again!

Any clue guys?

The USC (US Citizen) files a I-129F petition for a K1.. if you were ever previously divorced, those documents would of ben submitted... by design, the USC must be single. If it is approved, then USCIS is saying you meet the requirements....

I have read on here that people have had to get a certificate verifying they are single. I understand what it is, I just need to know is it a requirement and do they ask for it in the interview?

Only the beneficiary in china needs the translated certificate. Another trip to nortary and another letter from their work and probable a trip to the city or region government. Plus, the order is important, but not always the same.

Hi just reading this post but I was curious about this.... Does that mean the spouse(petitioner should turn in one also)?

For K-1, only the Chinese Beneficiary needs the cert for the consular interview, the US citizen does not.

You may be thinking of K-3, and CR-1/IR-1 cases, in those cases, the US Citizen needs to get a single cert from the consulate to satisfy the requirements of the Chinese authorities to marry in China.

My fiance is not a Chinese citizen he is there on a work visa, will he need to get this from Algeria? Thanks again.

He can get from local Notary office in the city that he is living, he just swears to the representative that he is un-married, also will need a police cert from the public safety office, and have it translated at the Notary office.

Would we be referring to the "Marriageability Certificate" and wasn't that included in P4 documents?

There is a letter in the P4 that says will marry withing the 90 days of the K-1, it is not the Notary Un-Married Cert that is gotten at the same office as Birth Cert.

P3 OF-169 spells this out.

FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_P3_Final1.htm#Q2_2

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_FAQ_P4_Final1.htm#Q1_22

My fiance is not a Chinese citizen he is there on a work visa, will he need to get this from Algeria? Thanks again.

He can get from local Notary office in the city that he is living, he just swears to the representative that he is un-married, also will need a police cert from the public safety office, and have it translated at the Notary office.

They should be able to get the police certificate ONLY IF he registered with the local police; if not registered yet, do it...and pay the fine...

Would we be referring to the "Marriageability Certificate" and wasn't that included in P4 documents?

No Michael

Your sweetheart need to get a notarized, translated single certificate from her local Notary office. That's not the "intend to marry" letter in the P4 which she will sign in front of VO. We were confused also. It only took Lulu about 30 minutes to do that.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu