dos received only 500 over 5100 name from GZ

I called DOS today, still pending for my case, Z, Y interviewed on 8/27. The lady I told to was not able to tell who's case has been sent to GZ, as i further request, she told me that only 500 name has been enter by GZ. People, only FIVE HUNDRED for more than 2 weeks since DOS release name to GZ? I can't really believe GZ dare to say they were working very hard to get this done! Base this speed, how long do we still need to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing just so so stupid to us!

I called DOS today, still pending for my case, Z, Y interviewed on 8/27. The lady I told to was not able to tell who's case has been sent to GZ, as i further request, she told me that only 500 name has been enter by GZ. People, only FIVE HUNDRED for more than 2 weeks since DOS release name to GZ? I can't really believe GZ dare to say they were working very hard to get this done! Base this speed, how long do we still need to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole thing just so so stupid to us!

Which son of gun said 5000 first???!!!! :lol: :) :D

Guest bbridges51

Which is what they did last saturday..They ARE working additional Saturdays. It's also possible they have a plan to process the flood.

time...give them a bit of time.

Brian

Sad to say guys, but yep, based on that, (?) let's arrange to be in China for Chinese New Year, and HOPEFULLY, by then, they'll get to you...you can only say THAT though if you are in the next 1000 or so, follow me?

Sad state of affairs - perhaps the CNN piece end of next week (tentatively) will shed more light on the problems at GUZ :angry:

Guest houston_GG

Unfortunately, the pace of release of visas is not related to the number of name checks released by DoS.

The Consulate is sending out letters via EMS to many applicants. There are allegedly two versions of these letters: get visa Mon to Thu; or get visa on a specific date. There is a scanned image of the 'Mon to Thu.' I haven't seen a scan of the specific date letter.

The Consulate will not publicly discuss the logic (if any) behind these letters.

It may be by date of interview or date of INS approval.

It may be sorted by province of the applicant.

It hurts my head to try to figure out why there are two letters, or who gets a letter and who waits.

One thing for certain, the backlog has crossed the Pacific.

Good Luck to all.

Merry Christmas.