U.S. Published Chinese language newspapers

Guest enight

hi Owen, I saw there are quite some in Chinese supermarket, and those are free.

and..

why do you like to pay for a newspaper? I thought you can easily excess to the Chinese newspapers on the internet? there are just too many:)

Thanks Enight, but just finding a Chinese food shop will take a major effort where we are going to. A Chinese supermarket would be impossible.

I think that some of the Chinese language newspapers published in the US, (not the Chinese "newspapers" from China, which are about worthless according to my wife) are available on the internet but I don't know since they are heavily blocked here in China.

Secondly, my wife is like me, she is from a generation before the internet was so popular, so she still prefers to have any extensive reading printed out.

Guess the question is, which are really newspapers, not just ad sheets or gossip and where to contact them about subscriptions?

Guest enight

I see Owen,

the Chineseworld is one of the most popular Chinese lanuage newspapers which is published in the States.

http://www.chineseworld.com/publish/today/.../wjIndex_tb.asp

you probably are not able to access the website if you are in China.

the service covers to

NY, CT, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Island

NJ, PA, DE

RI, VT, NH, ME, MA

DC, MD, VA, WV

GA, FL, NC, SC, TN, AL, MS

MN, IA, MO, AR, WI, IL, MI, OH, IN, KY

South CA (South of Fresno) , NV (South of Reno), AZ, CO, IA, NM, NM, OK, UT, AK, KS, NE, ND, SD, TX, AR, LA

AK, WA, OR, North CA, NV, MT, ID, WY, UT, CO, HI

how to contact:

Tel: (718) 746-8889 ; Fax: (718) 746-6445

Tel: (323)268-4982 ; Fax: (323)265-3476

Tel: (650) 692-9936 ; Fax: (650 )692-8665

and if your wife is looking for CNN or FOX's Chinese language version, then I have no idea, maybe someone else here would know :greenblob:

Owen, if you could get the World Journal then that would be what you are looking for, it is a huge fat paper with news and photos and advertising and classifieds and everything. They give phone numbers in New York and Georgia and Florida.

New York Georgia

718-746-8889 770-451-4509

718-746-6445 770-457-7964

www.worldjournal.com

It is published all over the US.

Guest enight

guess what? I found www.worldjournal.com and www.chineseworld.com are the same website, so it's a same newspaper! :o

seems this is a really popular one! :P

guess what? I found www.worldjournal.com and www.chineseworld.com are the same website, so it's a same newspaper!  :o

seems this is a really popular one! :P

:D Ha! Then why they have the same name for one newspaper? I think that's pretty much a waste to open two websites for totally one thing! :lol:

Sarah