The financial "aspect" of my kitchen sink includes 2 notarized I-134's, 3 years transcripts, 3 years notarized 1040's (plus business tax forms), notarized letter from employer, two months (8) paystubs, IRA info, bank letter, and only ONE W-2. I was self-employed from May 2004 till May of this year. No W-2's during self-employment, and only have 2004's W-2.

Just read from our friends Steve and Aiwen (God, I'm so happy for them!!!) and read his note about ACH and W-2's. Any thoughts on my lameness in the W-2 department?

The I-134 instructions say,

C. If self self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

You have alot more than I ever had concerning the I-134. I think you'll be okay as long as you have the 1040 and you only need the latest year.

Thank you. Never generated W-2's with my company and thought I would provide anything and everything they could possibly ask for to prove income/assets. Hope you're right and thank you for your reply.

You have alot more than I ever had concerning the I-134. I think you'll be okay as long as you have the 1040 and you only need the latest year.

Thank you. Never generated W-2's with my company and thought I would provide anything and everything they could possibly ask for to prove income/assets. Hope you're right and thank you for your reply.

The notarized letter of employment is the key. And the 1040's will show them that you are current on your tax responsibilities.

Yeah....I think you're okay. :)

The notarized letter of employment is the key. And the 1040's will show them that you are current on your tax responsibilities.

Yeah....I think you're okay. :)

[/quote

Thank you. I really think we should be fine too, but you never know! Not sure why I notarized letter from employer (plus notarized copy of it) but don't mind over-kill. Notarization generally just means authentic copy or witnessed signing doesn't it? Why notarize originals?

'IllinoisDave' date='Sep 18 2007, 08:28 PM' post='336920']

[quote

Not sure why I notarized letter from employer (plus notarized copy of it) but don't mind over-kill. Notarization generally just means authentic copy or witnessed signing doesn't it? Why notarize originals?

Yeah, this one's a new one on me. We don't need the employer letter notarized do we?

Dave I got the following:

1. Notarized letter from bank.

2. IRS transcripts, they will send you for free and got them in 6 days.

3. Notarized letter from employer.

4. W-2's for three years to match IRS paper work.

5. Pay stubs for 2 months, I am paid salary, so they look the same.

6. Copied it and am taking a copy and the original.

7. My work notarized the 134. :unsure:

I have all that except for notarizing the employment letter. Is that required?

Edit.

Based on David's post I guess I'll have it notarized. :D

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Not sure why I notarized letter from employer (plus notarized copy of it) but don't mind over-kill. Notarization generally just means authentic copy or witnessed signing doesn't it? Why notarize originals?

Yeah, this one's a new one on me. We don't need the employer letter notarized do we?

IllinoisDave screwed them up

IllinoisDave screwed them up

Oops. That's what I get for not checking my post.

Sorry. :D

(I fixed the quotes on this on. You can thank me later :D) Just kidding! :unsure:

The I-134 instrucions only say a letter of employment on business stationery. It says nothing about notarization but I think that has always been the norm that is popular among visa petitioners.

It doesn't have to be notarized but I tend to think that it makes the document look more official and valid. Be sure to get the embossed seal and not just a signature from the Notary Public. Some states, like VA, they only have to sign and not seal but I always insist on the seal.

The I-134 is an old document that USCIS has not updated in years.

The consulate tends to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

My income was well above 125% povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

GET IRS Transcripts. If self employed a then letter from employer or pay stubs wont be needed.

Example of why not to use bank statements: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=334360

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

(I fixed the quotes on this on. You can thank me later :D) Just kidding! :unsure:

The I-134 instrucions only say a letter of employment on business stationery. It says nothing about notarization but I think that has always been the norm that is popular among visa petitioners.

It doesn't have to be notarized but I tend to think that it makes the document look more official and valid. Be sure to get the embossed seal and not just a signature from the Notary Public. Some states, like VA, they only have to sign and not seal but I always insist on the seal.

So they just sign and put the seal right on the letter? I'm more familiar with the docs like the I-134 that have the space for the notary to fill in.