I'm Attending ACH Sept. 24....

We'll be traveling from Nanning to Guangzhou on Monday the 24th to attend ACH.

My intention in attending ACH is to help support the fact that we do have a bonifide relationship, showing my concern and support of my SO and to be entered into the computer as so, yet I have no "real" questions prepared to ask.

Can anyone help me with a general question or two that I may be overlooking or has yet to dawn on me?

Thanks,

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

We'll be traveling from Nanning to Guangzhou on Monday the 24th to attend ACH.

My intention in attending ACH is to help support the fact that we do have a bonifide relationship, showing my concern and support of my SO and to be entered into the computer as so, yet I have no "real" questions prepared to ask.

Can anyone help me with a general question or two that I may be overlooking or has yet to dawn on me?

Thanks,

Clayton

My questions will be:

1. Check names; they had a typo on my name.

2. Asked if long delay at NVC is sign of problem?

You might just say that you really want this to go well and just want to make sure the names and other info is correct so the visa will be right.

or Just ask if there are any issues that you can add info for right now to help the process.

I hope it goes well.

Good luck.

don

Edited by Don (see edit history)

I just requested additional P-4 forms, and asked if both Chinese and English were needed or if we could just use the English ones. The VO said English only is fine.

Another good question is about notarizations. Do you need to have form xxx notarized? Even though you are physically there and probably will be giving her your passport, do you need to have a copy of your passport? And does this need to be notarized?

The seemingly obvious answer is no, but I do recall this being requested of someone fairly recently. Good thing they had a notarized copy.

In any case, good luck to you Clayton!

Hi Clayton.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I don't really have any specific questions to ask right so I'm glad you asked this. :crazy:

One thing I'm curious about has to do with the number of trips we made to see our SOs. When we filed, I had only been once. Then I went back a couple months after filing and will go again for the interview.

I'd be curious to know if the trips made after filing are enough to sway the case if the number of trips was a red flag to begin with.

I'd also be curious to know what the VOs have specifically been told is the policy about the language used in the interview. There's been some discussion about some VOs being a little less than accommodating when it comes to the interviewee being able to use English or Mandarin, or being able to use both if they don't understand a question.

Just a couple that I've been thinking of asking about.

Good luck and enjoy your trip. :lol:

At ACH you don't HAVE to ask any questions if you don't have any. You could simply take a few minutes to describe your interest and support of your girlfriend to the VO. Briefly describe your trips to see her, talk about your strong relationship, etc.

If you need to ask a question to get the VO to pull her file up on the computer, ask if the name/security checks have been made. Yes, they are supposed to be made already but I had a lot of people telling me that maybe our blue slip was because they needed more time for a check that maybe got overlooked. At least teh VO will pull her file up, look at it, and put in the date and fact that you were there.

You never know which VO is gonna interview your girlfriend, and yes, we've had at least one case of a VO talking to a guy at ACH and then blue slipping his girlfriend, but you do everything you can.

Most all of the women at the interviews have no American man in GUZ, there was one other American in the coffee shop with me, or even in line outside. I estimated there were at least 150 women interviewed that day. Make you presence felt to a VO, show them you care.

When I mentioned CFL to the VO he just gave me a blank look, but I've heard that many of them know of CFL.

Good luck, you and your girlfriend will do just fine and will soon start the first day of your new life together in America.

tsap seui

At ACH you don't HAVE to ask any questions if you don't have any. You could simply take a few minutes to describe your interest and support of your girlfriend to the VO. Briefly describe your trips to see her, talk about your strong relationship, etc.

If you need to ask a question to get the VO to pull her file up on the computer, ask if the name/security checks have been made. Yes, they are supposed to be made already but I had a lot of people telling me that maybe our blue slip was because they needed more time for a check that maybe got overlooked. At least teh VO will pull her file up, look at it, and put in the date and fact that you were there.

You never know which VO is gonna interview your girlfriend, and yes, we've had at least one case of a VO talking to a guy at ACH and then blue slipping his girlfriend, but you do everything you can.

Most all of the women at the interviews have no American man in GUZ, there was one other American in the coffee shop with me, or even in line outside. I estimated there were at least 150 women interviewed that day. Make you presence felt to a VO, show them you care.

When I mentioned CFL to the VO he just gave me a blank look, but I've heard that many of them know of CFL.

Good luck, you and your girlfriend will do just fine and will soon start the first day of your new life together in America.

tsap seui

Tsap I know you have a great sense of humor but do you think mentioning CFL caused the blue? Maybe they want to go back and read you posts :D :( You know Ima jus kiddin'.......... Perhaps my next visit to GZ should not include a visit to ACH. I might not know how to keep my mouth shut :unsure:

Seriously one can just go and not have questions and just be a casual observer?

I often wondered if you made mention of the fact that you are a CFL member then what, if any, weight would that have. Probably none but I had to throw that out there.

It's been a while now, but I did mention CFL at ACH in the context of thanking the Consulate for contributing to the forum. To my amazement the VO I was talking to said he was the guy who did the answers! He said it was a "job" that rotated periodically.

I'd ask the VO to take a quick look at the case and see if there is anything that the beneficiary needs to think about or any area she should particularly bring supporting documentation for.

I did that and he commented that the income looked good and I had an impressive number of visits. We then got into an involved discussion on K2 FTJ but that doesn't apply to most of you.

I did not ask him to note my presence in the computer file but others have done so since and I think it's a good idea to mention that when you're finished.

I often wondered if you made mention of the fact that you are a CFL member then what, if any, weight would that have. Probably none but I had to throw that out there.

It's been a while now, but I did mention CFL at ACH in the context of thanking the Consulate for contributing to the forum. To my amazement the VO I was talking to said he was the guy who did the answers! He said it was a "job" that rotated periodically.

I'd ask the VO to take a quick look at the case and see if there is anything that the beneficiary needs to think about or any area she should particularly bring supporting documentation for.

I did that and he commented that the income looked good and I had an impressive number of visits. We then got into an involved discussion on K2 FTJ but that doesn't apply to most of you.

I did not ask him to note my presence in the computer file but others have done so since and I think it's a good idea to mention that when you're finished.

Wow Jim that is an awesome story. Thanks :unsure:

Wow...And thanks to all. I now have many, many good questions that you all have suggested. I will print out this post, take it with me and narrow them down to a selected few.

I noted a couple of questions here that need answers for other CFL'ers that will help others in the future that I will certainly try to get answered also.

Thanks so much once again.

Clayton

I have my question ready, I want the answer so you can use mine if you want.

I want to know ....

My wife was really upset I took pictures of us in the bedroom, and even more upset I told her they needed to be brought to the interview.

I told her it was required by the visa office to prove our relationship.

Those pictures will be kept in strictest confidence wont they?

Wow...And thanks to all. I now have many, many good questions that you all have suggested. I will print out this post, take it with me and narrow them down to a selected few.

I noted a couple of questions here that need answers for other CFL'ers that will help others in the future that I will certainly try to get answered also.

Thanks so much once again.

Clayton

Clayton, I'm going to the ACH at GUZ on September 24th as well, hope to see you there!

Chen