Leaving to attend interview

Hello All,

Leaving tomorrow for China....and the Interview! Have the kitchen sink and everything packed, I leave tomorrow afternoon, and arrive in GUZ at 6:30 AM Friday morning via China Southern airlines....so we have Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon to prepare....I'll go to ACH on Monday, and TRY to sleep Monday night....

I'll post results from GUZ as soon as I have them....

One hitch....none of the copy places here wanted to copy my passport in color....I hope the black and while copies will suffice, if asked for.....also, had trouble getting them notorized in my small town, the notary said they couldn't notarize a "passport".....even just the copies...go figure....I'll get it done at the bank in the AM before I leave for Nashville.....Lord, save me from small country town clerks.....set your clocks back 30 years....other than that, I have all my "ducks in a row"......send the good vibrations our way for a "pink"!!!

Worst case, I get the passport copy notarized at the Consulate and pay the big money.....shoot, it's just a fall-back in case they ask for it...they'll have my REAL PASSPORT in their hands, since I'll be down in the coffee shop on the 4th floor.

Steve

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

Leaving tomorrow for China....and the Interview! Have the kitchen sink and everything packed, I leave tomorrow afternoon, and arrive in GUZ at 6:30 AM Friday morning via China Southern airlines....so we have Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon to prepare....I'll go to ACH on Monday, and TRY to sleep Monday night....

I'll post results from GUZ as soon as I have them....

One hitch....none of the copy places here wanted to copy my passport in color....I hope the black and while copies will suffice, if asked for.....also, had trouble getting them notorized in my small town, the notary said they couldn't notarize a "passport".....even just the copies...go figure....I'll get it done at the bank in the AM before I leave for Nashville.....Lord, save me from small country town clerks.....set your clocks back 30 years....other than that, I have all my "ducks in a row"......send the good vibrations our way for a "pink"!!!

Worst case, I get the passport copy notarized at the Consulate and pay the big money.....shoot, it's just a fall-back in case they ask for it...they'll have my REAL PASSPORT in their hands, since I'll be down in the coffee shop on the 4th floor.

Steve

I think the REAL passport is all that matters. Not to worry! Good luck, and I KNOW we are ALL wishing good wishes to you and Aiwen. Give her a big hug and tell her she's got the biggest cheerleading squad in the US!!!

Good luck Steve!! :)

I see pink in your future. I'll be right behind you one month from today. :)

Yeah, the UPS store I went to told me it was illegal to copy passports in color. Go figure. :angry:

Can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sue Aiwen will do great!

Go get 'em. :)

btw. Where did you book your plane tickets through? Did you get a decent price?

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Yeah, the UPS store I went to told me it was illegal to copy passports in color. Go figure. :angry:

I went to Office Depot and Staples and used their color copier. Then a local notary will compare original to color copy and notarize the copies for me.

I went to Office Depot and Staples and used their color copier. Then a local notary will compare original to color copy and notarize the copies for me.

Good idea. :)

Guest Rob & Jin

Yeah, the UPS store I went to told me it was illegal to copy passports in color. Go figure. :)

Good luck guys, we are sending you + vibes, will light a candle for you, think pink. :angry:

Good luck Steve and Aiwen. I'm thinking pink for you, and if it is any sign, we had a beautiful pink sunset here in the mountains today.

My best wishes are with you both.

tsap seui

Steve,

Before you leave I have some very simple and easy comments to make.

I need not wish you the luck. This has already been bestowed upon you when you found Aiwen half way around the world in Nanning. If this is not luck, I do not know what is.

I need not wish you the pink, because I have all the confidence to tell you that I feel it is already yours. I so hope to follow soon in your footsteps step for step.

I need not wish to bid you a farewell, but I do wish to welcome you and Aiwen to your new and wonderful life that is soon to begin.

As I am to travel to Nanning late next week, I will sense that the city is missing one of the best.

Bring her home Steve.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Good luck Steve!! :lol:

I see pink in your future. I'll be right behind you one month from today. :D

Yeah, the UPS store I went to told me it was illegal to copy passports in color. Go figure. :P

Go get 'em. :angry:

Thanks....I booked the China ticket for me thru Travel Depot in Monteray Park, CA.....rogininca turned me on to them.....ask for Henry....best price anywhere for China Southern tickets...Aiwen booked her one-way ticket from an agent on the 4th floor of the Consulate in GUZ.....they had the best price, and we don't have to actually pay for it until we have the visa in-hand, Sept 20.

Domestic flights all free, thanks to accumulated frequent flyer miles....

Steve

Steve,

Before you leave I have some very simple and easy comments to make.

I need not wish you the luck. This has already been bestowed upon you when you found Aiwen half way around the world in Nanning. If this is not luck, I do not know what is.

I need not wish you the pink, because I have all the confidence to tell you that I feel it is already yours. I so hope to follow soon in your footsteps step for step.

I need not wish to bid you a farewell, but I do wish to welcome you and Aiwen to your new and wonderful life that is soon to begin.

As I am to travel to Nanning late next week, I will sense that the city is missing one of the best.

Bring her home Steve.

Clayton

Clayton,

Thank you very much, my friend, for your good words.....today has been trying, I guess I've got the "jitters".....I hope you have a wonderful visit with you lovely Nanning lady, tell her we are thinking about both of you! I'll keep CFL posted as soon as I have news....again, many thanks....now, if I can just switch my brain off and get some sleep!!!!

As a musician, I felt the flow of your words....there' s a song in there....I sense it.....

Steve

Good luck Steve!! :lol:

I see pink in your future. I'll be right behind you one month from today. :D

Yeah, the UPS store I went to told me it was illegal to copy passports in color. Go figure. :P

Go get 'em. :angry:

Thanks....I booked the China ticket for me thru Travel Depot in Monteray Park, CA.....rogininca turned me on to them.....ask for Henry....best price anywhere for China Southern tickets...Aiwen booked her one-way ticket from an agent on the 4th floor of the Consulate in GUZ.....they had the best price, and we don't have to actually pay for it until we have the visa in-hand, Sept 20.

Domestic flights all free, thanks to accumulated frequent flyer miles....

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Good luck my friend. :o