Sept 6 Interview Report

Thanks for the very detailed report. I know in my case (waiting for my P3) these interview reports are great reading. I am putting together a three ring binder with everything she needs with a cover page in English and Chinese to help her and the VO.

I am going to let her go to the embassy with our daughter and then call me! I am not sure if waiting in the coffee shop or the US is easier?

Where did you stay, I missed that part? Thanks

We are staying at the Grand Palace Hotel. The address is 148 LinHe Zhong Lu and the phone number is +86 20 3884 0968. It's around the corner from the consulate; about a 3 minute walk. PengPeng called and we got a suite for 588 RMB a night.

We came to Guangzhou 2 days before the interview and scoped everything out. We're about to leave to pick up PengPeng's visa. The post office is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.

We are staying at the Grand Palace Hotel.

I have a reservation there in a couple of weeks. Everything was fine I take it?

It's okay. Have your fiancee call and see if she can get a good price. I booked on-line and it was 660 RMB. PengPeng called and got a suite for 588 RMB including breakfast, service charge, and 200 RMB for use in the Spa, restaurant, and bar. They have decent western food but the chinese leaves something to be desired. It's very convenient to the consulate and is about a 130 RMB taxi ride from the airport and takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

To get to the consulate:

From hotel entrance turn right.

Go to major interchange and turn left

TianYu is second large building on left.

If you continue down the street 2 more blocks you will get to the Sky Galleria mall and a McDonalds.

Best of luck.

Claude & PengPeng

Wow, GREAT report, but I have a question.

Hi all,

To conclude the prelude, going to the interview is a wonderful roller-coaster. I'm not sure that it makes a big difference other than support for your SO. My personal sense is that the decision is 80-90% made before the actual interview and the interview is a sanity check.

You say it's good to go support your SO, but probably not necessary from the VO's point of view, then you say....

Questions asked:

12. Is your fiancee waiting outside?

That seems to indicate that the interviewer puts some weight behind whether or not you attended. What's your bottom line assessment of how important USC attendance is for the interview?

I'm not nit-picking, I'm just curious about this whole process. I certainly plan on being at the Consulate for Lao Po's interview, but I'm trying to get a feel for this interview thing.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Edited by DMikeS4321 (see edit history)

The interview is one of the most important and stressful days in your relationship, by all means be there with her if you can. Will it help with the interview in the VO's eyes? Maybe.

My girlfriend's female VO wouldn't even look at my passport when handed to her, and then asked my girlfriend if I was in Guangzhou waiting for her...go figure.

When I went to ACH the next day after my girlfriend's interview to discuss her blue slip the male VO I talked to said it was very good for our case that I came in to talk, and that my presence showed that I was very interested...again, go figure.

When we got the blue slip I at least could sleep good knowing that I had done everything I possibly could to have a successful outcome, and so had my girlfriend..even in the face of an adversarial VO.

To me, this whole GUZ process is one of the highlites of my relationship with my girlfriend. In the years to come she will always remember that I was with her every step of the way.

I'll go back to China for my girlfriend's overcome date, attend ACH again, and I will be on that 747 with my girlfriend to share in the experience when it crosses into American airspace, and lands at Dulles Airport outside Washington, DC....but then again, that's just how I look at it.

You guys and your SO's will be just fine and there will be visas waiting for you. Good luck to you all.

tsap seui

Wow, GREAT report, but I have a question.

Hi all,

To conclude the prelude, going to the interview is a wonderful roller-coaster. I'm not sure that it makes a big difference other than support for your SO. My personal sense is that the decision is 80-90% made before the actual interview and the interview is a sanity check.

You say it's good to go support your SO, but probably not necessary from the VO's point of view, then you say....

Questions asked:

12. Is your fiancee waiting outside?

That seems to indicate that the interviewer puts some weight behind whether or not you attended. What's your bottom line assessment of how important USC attendance is for the interview?

I'm not nit-picking, I'm just curious about this whole process. I certainly plan on being at the Consulate for Lao Po's interview, but I'm trying to get a feel for this interview thing.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

IMHO Mike, you being present at the interview is soley for the benefit of your SO's well-being. If your SO is extremely confident and strongly feels she can get through it alone then so be it. On the other hand some of our SOs are not this way. You being there is for HER and not for GUZ.