Where do you buy mooncake?

Well, my wife found several Chinese friends to buy mooncake together to get wholesale price. I think this is pretty cool.

In case you are not close to any Chinese grocery store and want some, here is the link. http://www.orientalfoodmaster.com/

You might need your wifes to read it for you. It's in Chinese. It's a whole sale store based on NY. We ordered mooncake from this store last year and were please with the quality and price.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your can substitute the American Fruit Cake. :)

It's the thought that counts.

American fruit cake?

You mean someone is still passing around that 7 year old re-gifted present?

I must confess that I have been invited to share moon cakes in both the Eastern and the Western worlds. Guess which world prevailed?

Sorry, but there is only one moon, and for me, there is only one person with whom I will ever share a moon cake.

My Ping. :)

OK Lee....Now I'm jealous...I want to share moon cake too... :rolleyes:

When we went to Dallas last week, Hong Kong marketplace had a huge display of several different price ranges.

Man, were they expensive!!! <_<

My wife said no. Too much money. Her sister is sending some from China for her. I personally don't care for mooncakes but my wife loves it. Most Asian groceries should carry something.

(EDIT)

I just noticed on the links provided that shipping is $9 standard ground. I know Ranch 99's in California have mooncakes as we bought some last year. I know those members in Dallas can go to Hong Kong Marketplace and those in Houston can go to Chinatown. It just seems pricey for shipping but then again, gas is expensive as well!

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)

Evidently the best Moon Cake comes from our own little Yunnan city of Yuxi... :P

At the 1st China Roast Food Festival held in August the Gold Medal was awarded to the Yuxi Hongta Food Co. for their Yunnan Ham Moon Cake... <_<

Uh... Ham? Biscotti di prosciutti?

Well this is China so whether or not it actually contains any is another question???