Dave, from what I can ascertain, it really seems to vary according to location. I pray that your experience will be better than ours thus far. On a positive note, quite a number of people seem to have pretty speedy time lines with all this stuff, especially Littlebear. Also, see Zerohot's thread in this Forum. Fairly quick. As for us, still nothing. I hope like hell we haven't fallen into yet another Black Hole. The last one was bad enough. :(

We were able to receive our certified copy of the marriage certificate a week after the wedding (the chapel recorded it the day after the wedding, and I ordered the certified copy online). Then we filed our I-485 (AOS) and I-765 (EAD application) simultaneously at the local INS office. They told us to return with ID and receipt a week later and she would receive her work card. Then we can go to the SS office and get SSN the same day. So, IF you have everything ready and IF nothing goes wrong and IF you file in person at your local INS office, and IF it has the same timeline as our local INS office in LV, then Sarah should be able to work 2 to 3 weeks after the wedding.

We were able to receive our certified copy of the marriage certificate a week after the wedding (the chapel recorded it the day after the wedding, and I ordered the certified copy online).  Then we filed our I-485 (AOS) and I-765 (EAD application) simultaneously at the local INS office.  They told us to return with ID and receipt a week later and she would receive her work card.  Then we can go to the SS office and get SSN the same day.  So, IF you have everything ready and IF nothing goes wrong and IF you file in person at your local INS office, and IF it has the same timeline as our local INS office in LV, then Sarah should be able to work 2 to 3 weeks after the wedding.

That is a lot of "ifs" Wolfman!!!! Remember, we are dealing with BCIS here. :angry:

We were married April 4 and still no SSN. :angry: :angry: :D