Company owner commits suicide

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-08...ent_6024203.htm

You don't see many company execs here taking ANY responsibility for harm their products cause, let alone taking it to this extreme.

It's sad, especially in light of the fact that his best friend supplied the paint.

Dave, thanks for the head's up and the link !!

I heard a quick blurb on the radio on the way to work today, and I was going to try and track down the story when I got home. :bangin:

It is sad that this was caused by his best friend !!!

Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper.

I've seen this story now on multiple media outlets, in China and the US, all reporting the same set of facts.

Do have some info the rest of us aren't privy to?

Maybe it was the fact that he was in financial ruin? and a disgrace in his eyes and he did what he thought was the honorable thing to do?

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

I've seen this story now on multiple media outlets, in China and the US, all reporting the same set of facts.

Maybe it was the fact that he was in financial ruin? and a disgrace in his eyes and he did what he thought was the honorable thing to do?

I have no doubt that those factors played a role as well.

But his best friend supplying the bad paint was the catalyst for it, and I haven't seen any evidence that that wasn't the case.

But his best friend supplying the bad paint was the catalyst for it, and I haven't seen any evidence that that wasn't the case.

I'm refering to the part about him not knowing that his best friend was supplying bad paint. I kinda find thay hard to believe. It might be a good story for his family to save face.

I'm refering to the part about him not knowing that his best friend was supplying bad paint. I kinda find thay hard to believe. It might be a good story for his family to save face.

Gotcha. That could very well be the case.

• 1 month later...
If the best friend was the real culprit, I hope he's summarily executed.
If it's a professional company, he has QA (Quality Assurance) for raw materials in the laboratory. QA should not have let fake paint in the factory. If QA staff had to give face to the boss's friend, it's not a professional company. Then suicide is inevitable in one way or another, sooner or later. Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)