Little House on the Prairie

Lily and I attended our son, James' "end of ESL summer school" play last month. James played Pa Ingalls and a Korean girl played Ma Ingalls. Laura was played by a little girl from Sudan. Besides the ESL teacher, I was the only Caucasian in attendance. The play was well performed by all the ESL students and I enjoyed it immensely. I must admit, I had to bite my cheek to refrain from laughing out loud when my son James recited in his chinese accent, "Gee Maw, I'm all tuckered out".

I was deeply moved by the effort and attitude of these new young americans.

med_gallery_2526_232_89478.jpg

Edited by hankster (see edit history)

As a dad with a 9 year old boy and 12 year old girl here in America and an 11 year old daughter in China, it is easy for me to understand your feelings and pride !!! I, too, am looking forward to seeing our daughter interact here in the USA. ;)

I am so envious each time I read a post like this. I am just the other way around. My son, 18 came to China after living in the US uptill July. He got at least 3 girl friends now in the one month time, cost me a lot of money sending him to FUdan to learn Chinese and thus far learnt almost nothing.

My daughters give me joy and pride, one is learning to talk and the other is is learning to walk.

That must be a special moment Hank.

Thanks for sharing with us.

It will be a few years before I'll have that experience.

So nice. After two years of waiting, my wife and step-son came two months ago. He is 9 years old and very excited to start school next year and we are lucky that the school has two ESL teachers and is a five star school. His english is rough so I worry but he was a very good student in Beijing. I pray that he enjoys this new school. He is a little sensitive and likes to hold my arm or hand when we go out. He runs to the door when I come home from work and my wife tells me he has been waiting all day for me. She does the same and kisses me when I come home. What a wonderful feeling!

Lily and I attended our son, James' "end of ESL summer school" play last month. James played Pa Ingalls and a Korean girl played Ma Ingalls. Laura was played by a little girl from Sudan. Besides the ESL teacher, I was the only Caucasian in attendance. The play was well performed by all the ESL students and I enjoyed it immensely. I must admit, I had to bite my cheek to refrain from laughing out loud when my son James recited in his chinese accent, "Gee Maw, I'm all tuckered out".

I was deeply moved by the effort and attitude of these new young americans.

med_gallery_2526_232_89478.jpg

Nice indeed!

Did they have East Indians playing the Native American Indians? Boy, that would confuse the audience...

Better than Caucasians portraying Indians in the old Western flicks.