Review

Hello, thanks again to our "family" for making this possible. We got the "PINK", I wish I had a magical solution to relieve the stress, but after all the preparation, and waiting I think it is impossible not to worry about the unexpected. NUWORLD is a perfect example; they were completely prepared for their K-3 interview, (I tried to get the vaccinations at the K-3 medical exam, they would not give them to us!) but we see that we must try to expect the unexpected.

well here is the review of our "interview";

We got in line about 7am, at 7:15 they asked all the US citizens to leave the line. I am not sure if I could have gotten to the 4th floor or how, I failed to prepare for this part, Yizhen had my passport, so I waited outside.

I watched as she entered the building at 7:35

at about 9:00, 3 different people we met in the line came out with pink, they said my wife was doing well and she should be out quickly.

at 11:00, I started to get nervous, by 12:00 I was so bad I put my watch in my pocket, I still took it out at least once every 10 minutes

I saw people with pink and blue from the line behind us

at 12:30 people came out 1 or 2 at a time, some happy and some not.

Finally I went inside the building, to wait, I should have done this sooner, maybe it was good to be outside with others who were waiting, but when it got so late and they were all gone, it was lonely

after 15 minutes, Yizhen appeared, I think she came down the elevator. She tried to tell me she got the blue paper, but I wasn't fooled! She was not crying! after all that waiting, even if a woman was looking for a geen card, she would be crying. I said ba ba pink! and she replied ba ba pink (8/8 pink), I told her not to be tricked, to believe and to tell the truth, I did the same.

the iterview was 5 minutes, 8 questions;

Yizhen, "good morning, no good afternoon"

Yizhen handed the VO my I-134 with the taxes,pay stubs, and employer letter; our photo album, and our passports

before they were asked for!

the VO asked a few questions about the photos, I had written some comments along with the photos, Yizhen new them!

then the interview began, here are the 8 questions;

1. who helped you to apply for this visa? my husband Michael

2. what language do you use to communicate? Yizhen explained her computer's translator, and our hand held translator.

3. how many times has your husband visited China? the VO had my passport open, Yizhen said he was here 2 times, gave the dates, and added that I was here with her today, the VO said she saw that I was at ACH on Monday!

4. what state does your husband live in? Yizhen said our home is at 9616 S,. California Ave....... the full address

5. will you go to live in the USA? yes we will live at 9616 S. California Ave.

6. do you have children? yes I have 1 son . Does your husband have any children? yes he has 2

7. why isn't your son going to the USA with you? he is 21

8. what does your husband do for a living? "he is a carpenter"

VO, "my husband is a carpenter back home in the USA"

welcome to the USA, you get the visa!

5 minutes, but 5 hours waiting, the hardest wait of the whole process, it would be good to be prepared for that wait, so you will not be nervous for the interview

only a few have to wait, but the wait could be devastating

If you have any questions please ask,

I hope this little window into the process helps all or one of you to get the pink, we were helped, and now we want to help.

THANK YOU ! Mike & Zhen

Great story/recap Michael !!!!

It is just amazing how fast the time does go !! I remember you talking about [when] you would get an interview date etc. Now it is history !!! How soon after picking up the visa are you going to get out of Dodge, and come back home ???

Again, congratulations and sorry that my trip to GZ was two weeks earlier than yours. I would have waited in the coffee shop with you, had I still been there !!! :D

Congrats again Mike and thanks for the recap. Man I would have been a basket case waiting that long! You are a man of steel my friend.

I'm taking a few things from your write-up.

1: have Christine memorize what's written on the photos

2: leave my watch at home.

3: bring something to bite down on.

4: tell them I'm a carpenter. :D

Hello, thanks again to our "family" for making this possible. We got the "PINK", I wish I had a magical solution to relieve the stress, but after all the preparation, and waiting I think it is impossible not to worry about the unexpected. NUWORLD is a perfect example; they were completely prepared for their K-3 interview, (I tried to get the vaccinations at the K-3 medical exam, they would not give them to us!) but we see that we must try to expect the unexpected.

We got in line about 7am, at 7:15 they asked all the US citizens to leave the line. I am not sure if I could have gotten to the 4th floor or how, I failed to prepare for this part, Yizhen had my passport, so I waited outside.

at about 9:00, 3 different people we met in the line came out with pink, they said my wife was doing well and she should be out quickly.

at 11:00, I started to get nervous, by 12:00 I was so bad I put my watch in my pocket, I still took it out at least once every 10 minutes

Finally I went inside the building, to wait, I should have done this sooner, maybe it was good to be outside with others who were waiting, but when it got so late and they were all gone, it was lonely

after 15 minutes, Yizhen appeared, I think she came down the elevator. She tried to tell me she got the blue paper, but I wasn't fooled! She was not crying! after all that waiting, even if a woman was looking for a geen card, she would be crying. I said ba ba pink! and she replied ba ba pink (8/8 pink), I told her not to be tricked, to believe and to tell the truth, I did the same.

Yizhen handed the VO my I-134 with the taxes,pay stubs, and employer letter; our photo album, and our passports

the VO asked a few questions about the photos, I had written some comments along with the photos, Yizhen new them!

2. what language do you use to communicate? Yizhen explained her computer's translator, and our hand held translator.

3. how many times has your husband visited China? the VO had my passport open, Yizhen said he was here 2 times, gave the dates, and added that I was here with her today, the VO said she saw that I was at ACH on Monday!

4. what state does your husband live in? Yizhen said our home is at 9616 S,. California Ave....... the full address

6. do you have children? yes I have 1 son . Does your husband have any children? yes he has 2

5 minutes, but 5 hours waiting, the hardest wait of the whole process, it would be good to be prepared for that wait, so you will not be nervous for the interview

I hope this little window into the process helps all or one of you to get the pink, we were helped, and now we want to help.

THANK YOU ! Mike & Zhen

Congratulations Mike & Zhen and thank you so much for the write-up. I hope you don't mind but I forwarded to my sweet Fang.

I wish you both a beautiful life together!!!!

THANK YOU ! Mike & Zhen

Mike, Way to go and congrats!!!

On the other hand i thank you for using me as an example!!

Yes, You are so right and so true.

You never know what will happen during the interview!!

Just when you think you have all your ducks lined up in order.

our woirld will come crashing down on us.

For those of us that are still going thourgh this journey and are waiting for your interview and no matter what type of vise you are going for.

PLEASE BE PREPAIRED!!!

GZ is GOD!! And you never know what they will ask for!!!

And for those that might get that all mighty BLUE SLIP!!

God willing hang in there and give them what they ask for.

Do as they say and jump as high as they say you will overcome and come out as a winner with a beautiful life!!!

Once again, Mike! Congrats and enjoy your NUWORLD

Mike and Hong