P3 Notarial Copies, Police Report, Photos

Can anyone recommend how many Notarial copies that my Fang should get of: divorce papers, birth certificate and police certificate? Anyone familiar with 4 page vs. 2 page translations? 4 is something my Fang should ask for? Are the photos requested on P3 "visa" photos? OF-169 asks for qty 2...kitchen sink calls them "passport" and say's qty 4? What should my Fang ask for at police station? I am told talking about "going to America" may not be a good idea for some reason?

Also, isn't there some expense during this "lovely process" that requires my Fang to pay with US dollars?

Thank you all. Sorry if any of these are silly questions....too much time to think, I guess!!!!

Can anyone recommend how many Notarial copies that my Fang should get of: divorce papers, birth certificate and police certificate? Anyone familiar with 4 page vs. 2 page translations? 4 is something my Fang should ask for? Are the photos requested on P3 "visa" photos? OF-169 asks for qty 2...kitchen sink calls them "passport" and say's qty 4? What should my Fang ask for at police station? I am told talking about "going to America" may not be a good idea for some reason?

Also, isn't there some expense during this "lovely process" that requires my Fang to pay with US dollars?

Thank you all. Sorry if any of these are silly questions....too much time to think, I guess!!!!

two of each is the best policy i think.

Yes 2 of each, 1 set for the consulate, and 1 set to bring to the USA for adjustment and other uses. the police report and marriagibility cert can be 1 set because only needed for the visa interview, Birth cert you should get several copies.

The passport pics can be bought on the 4th floor of the consulate building, they need to be the 2"x2" size, and are hard to find in other places, get several, again useful for AOS paperwork in the USA.

Yes 2 of each, 1 set for the consulate, and 1 set to bring to the USA for adjustment and other uses. the police report and marriagibility cert can be 1 set because only needed for the visa interview, Birth cert you should get several copies.

The passport pics can be bought on the 4th floor of the consulate building, they need to be the 2"x2" size, and are hard to find in other places, get several, again useful for AOS paperwork in the USA.

Thank you. Are they "passport" pictures or "visa" pictures? I want to convey the correct words to my SO. I believe OF-169 is referring to "visa" photos (3/4 frontal view). OF-169 say's get 2. Kitchen sink says 4?

Also, what should she ask for at Police Station for Police Certificate? Does she say she is interviewing to come to America? I have read elsewhere that local police sometimes not as helpful when interviewing for K-1 visa and going to America is what certificate is for? (politics perhaps?)

Also, what should she ask for at Police Station for Police Certificate? Does she say she is interviewing to come to America? I have read elsewhere that local police sometimes not as helpful when interviewing for K-1 visa and going to America is what certificate is for? (politics perhaps?)

My SO did this just today. Spoke with her of this question of yours just moments ago.

She stated that she did tell the officers that she needs the police certificate for the interview to come to America. She told me that this is a very common request and they know exactly what she will need.

She will then take this document given to her to the proper authorities to have it translated and certified for the interview.

Hope this helps.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Thank you. Are they "passport" pictures or "visa" pictures? I want to convey the correct words to my SO. I believe OF-169 is referring to "visa" photos (3/4 frontal view). OF-169 say's get 2. Kitchen sink says 4?

The 3/4 view is an outdated spec that is no longer acceptable.

Here is the current spec used by DOS and USCIS.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html (Full frontal 2"x2")

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I would suggest at least 3 each of the birth and divorce Notary certificates. The one you use with GZ will be destroyed.

Since they are very hard, if not impossible, to replace as originals in the US we felt more comfortable with "one and a spare" in America.

Ohhh ... and yes, of course I wear a belt with my suspenders ... :D

I would suggest at least 3 each of the birth and divorce Notary certificates. The one you use with GZ will be destroyed.

Since they are very hard, if not impossible, to replace as originals in the US we felt more comfortable with "one and a spare" in America.

Ohhh ... and yes, of course I wear a belt with my suspenders ... :D

This is more correct... 3 sets minium.. and I will have my SO get up to 4. I lose things way to much, and I know USCIS is prone to lose papers to..

Having my wifes mother go get those papers while my wife is here in the USA does not sound like a good idea.

>L

Ohhh ... and yes, of course I wear a belt with my suspenders ... :)

This is more correct... 3 sets minium.. and I will have my SO get up to 4. I lose things way to much, and I know USCIS is prone to lose papers to..

Having my wifes mother go get those papers while my wife is here in the USA does not sound like a good idea.

>L

Thank you so much, everybody! I will share this info with my sweet Fang.

My SO did this just today. Spoke with her of this question of yours just moments ago.

She stated that she did tell the officers that she needs the police certificate for the interview to come to America. She told me that this is a very common request and they know exactly what she will need.

She will then take this document given to her to the proper authorities to have it translated and certified for the interview.

Hope this helps.

Clayton

Everything helps and I thank you for taking the time to help me. (Fang and I have good wishes going your way!!!)

Ohhh ... and yes, of course I wear a belt with my suspenders ... :)

Jim.

Nice new avatar. :)

The 3/4 view is an outdated spec that is no longer acceptable.

Here is the current spec used by DOS and USCIS.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html (Full frontal 2"x2")

Thank you. So, the photo's that are asked for on the OF-169 that I downloaded are really just passport photos, and the OF-169 description of 3/4 frontal view is inaccurate? I hope the latest OF-169 that will be sent to my fiance clarifys that?

Thank you. So, the photo's that are asked for on the OF-169 that I downloaded are really just passport photos, and the OF-169 description of 3/4 frontal view is inaccurate? I hope the latest OF-169 that will be sent to my fiance clarifys that?

Yes, as usual, Dan's info is top-notch and is accepted at all banks. B)

The 3/4 pics are definately not what you want.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I saw marriageability certificate but did not think it was applicable? My fiancee is divorced. Must she get this? And from where? Also, do you remember what part of this process requires US dollars? Sorry Don, just dotting my i's..... : )